Page 168 of 171 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171 LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 3417

Thread: Craigslist people, are they serious?!??

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Here's something you don't see everyday:

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/vgm/3979113839.html
    The only thing I find strange is how he says it's incredibly heavy requiring 3 people to lift it, and estimates that it weighs only 100 pounds. 100 pounds isn't really that much, one or two people should be enough for that.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    The only thing I find strange is how he says it's incredibly heavy requiring 3 people to lift it, and estimates that it weighs only 100 pounds. 100 pounds isn't really that much, one or two people should be enough for that.
    I find it very unlikely the thing only weighs 100 pounds.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This one is kind of funny... He has a listing for a Pikachu N64. He has it listed for $275 FIRM, but it is missing the game. I had a look at the completed listings and his price seems a bit high, especially since he isn't including any games, extra controllers, etc... And also how he says he is firm on the price, I usually try and avoid sellers who won't budge on the pricing...
    Coleco: Colecovision
    Atari: 2600 (4 styles), 7800
    Microsoft: XBox, XBox 360
    Nintendo: NES (toaster & top-load), SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii (regular & mini)
    Sega: Master System, Genesis (version 1 & 2), CD, Dreamcast, 32x
    Sony: PS1 (2 styles), PS2 (2 styles), PS3
    Wanted: 5200, Intellivision, Commodore 64 & 128, Genesis v3, Saturn, PS4, Wii U

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camarotuner View Post
    If he put that kart on ebay he'd probably get some serious coin for it.
    We're going to find out how right you are.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    I think he might seriously be underestimating either its weight or shipping costs lol.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

In the description he says he's not actually going to ship it and expects the buyer to come pick it up.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No worries, I agree I *personally* wouldn't be paying the prices some of those games fetch now, but some of the N64 stuff has shot up pretty damned high all the sudden. Scultors cut (however you spell that) is 150-175ish now. Scary huh? lol Oh and that's cart only. Boxed copies are going bonko nuts.
    I saw this and just wanted to quickly tell a story I have about trying to buy sculptors cut from a craigslist ad.

So a guy (I think it was a father selling his kids games) posts an ad on craigslist, listing some N64 games at different prices ($3, $5, $15), with the mainstream mario/zelda games being at the top and some more common/more obscure games selling for $3 or $5. Well I saw sculptor's cut for $3 and I immediately e-mailed him asking if that and a few of the other games he had listed would be available (in hopes that I wouldn't bring attention to this game causing him to look it up). So he gives me his phone # and we chat and set a time to meet. I tell him I will give him a call before leaving.

So basically to make a long story short, 4:30 comes around I call him to tell him I'm on the way, he says "great, see you in a bit". Then 10 minutes later he calls me and tells me he has to pick up his son and that he can no longer meet today, so I think fair enough that's not a big deal. He says we can meet at the same time tomorrow, and then when I call to confirm and tell him I'm on the way the following day, he tells me he has now found out this is a "rare" game and that he will no longer sell it to me. Not nearly as bad as what some other people have put me through on craigslist though lol.

edit: I think this is probably why it's a smart idea to ask people to take their ad down if you have already arranged to purchase their stuff, so they don't get higher offers and tempted to look their stuff up. I can't tell you how many times I have lined up a good deal, and then just an hour or so before meeting them, they tell me someone has offered more than what I was going to pay, and that they're going to take that instead.
    Last edited by Myxomatosis; 08-09-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Quote Originally Posted by Myxomatosis View Post
    edit: I think this is probably why it's a smart idea to ask people to take their ad down if you have already arranged to purchase their stuff, so they don't get higher offers and tempted to look their stuff up. I can't tell you how many times I have lined up a good deal, and then just an hour or so before meeting them, they tell me someone has offered more than what I was going to pay, and that they're going to take that instead.
    Hell no! I've had many buyers who arranged to purchase from me who flake out on me. I'm not taking down the ad until the transaction has completed. I'm not going to go through the trouble of relisting the item after every time some person says they're going to pick it up the next day.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buzz_n64 View Post
    Hell no! I've had many buyers who arranged to purchase from me who flake out on me. I'm not taking down the ad until the transaction has completed. I'm not going to go through the trouble of relisting the item after every time some person says they're going to pick it up the next day.
    Well I'm obviously stating that from a buyer's standpoint where my counter to that would be I'm going to try and minimize the chance of the person selling it flaking out on me simply because someone offered more money than what I was buying it for. I hold no illusions that everyone is going to actually take down the ad simply because I asked, but trust me it gets just as repetitive and irritating having sellers flaking out on me so it is worth a try.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Myxomatosis View Post
    I saw this and just wanted to quickly tell a story I have about trying to buy sculptors cut from a craigslist ad.

So a guy (I think it was a father selling his kids games) posts an ad on craigslist, listing some N64 games at different prices ($3, $5, $15), with the mainstream mario/zelda games being at the top and some more common/more obscure games selling for $3 or $5. Well I saw sculptor's cut for $3 and I immediately e-mailed him asking if that and a few of the other games he had listed would be available (in hopes that I wouldn't bring attention to this game causing him to look it up). So he gives me his phone # and we chat and set a time to meet. I tell him I will give him a call before leaving.

So basically to make a long story short, 4:30 comes around I call him to tell him I'm on the way, he says "great, see you in a bit". Then 10 minutes later he calls me and tells me he has to pick up his son and that he can no longer meet today, so I think fair enough that's not a big deal. He says we can meet at the same time tomorrow, and then when I call to confirm and tell him I'm on the way the following day, he tells me he has now found out this is a "rare" game and that he will no longer sell it to me. Not nearly as bad as what some other people have put me through on craigslist though lol.

This happened to me as well. Some guy was selling lots of 4 NES games for different prices and he had Micro Machines and 3 other games which were decent for $12.. I called him and asked him if it was still available I'd buy it. We agree to meet. Just as Im about to leave I get an email stating that he couldn't find the games and he's sorry. I already assumed he found out the price for Micro Machines and one of the other games alone. So maybe an hour later I see he put and ad this time Micro Machines is being sold for 20 alone.

Another time I agreed to buy a game I forgot which one and then the seller texted me that someone offered more and will I match it.. I replied to forget it that I wasn't going to get into a bidding war.

There was one seller who did sell me Wild Guns for $5 and when we met hes like "Yeah I checked the price on this and its pretty high" this was a couple of years ago before the price just went really up. I appreciated that he didn't stiff me and he still gave me a deal on 3 otherr games I bought from him. I can't believe that games price has skyrocketed, it isn't even that good.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    The motor is missing? OK I am seriously confused at this point. He left it outside (that was silly), somewhere along the lines the motor got removed (why???), and he expects someone to pick this up. Hell someone might get a deal on this but I still think this thing working as it was when it was built is worth, eh, 5-8k. That 14k figure probably figures in all the fabrication that went into it. I'm tempted to buy this if the price stays that low, fix it, and my kid will have one hell of a cool go kart lol.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    -
    Pete Rittwage
    C64 Preservation Project
    http://c64preservation.com

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    pony0ne

To be honest, you're getting a lot of games in this WII package. He's practically giving away this unique gaming experience for pennies.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/vgm/4020328604.html
    gamertag: pony0ne
    Wii friend: 6437 2281 7665 7241
    http://youtube.com/patrolskies - Patrol The Skies

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

The motor is missing? OK I am seriously confused at this point. He left it outside (that was silly), somewhere along the lines the motor got removed (why???), and he expects someone to pick this up. Hell someone might get a deal on this but I still think this thing working as it was when it was built is worth, eh, 5-8k. That 14k figure probably figures in all the fabrication that went into it. I'm tempted to buy this if the price stays that low, fix it, and my kid will have one hell of a cool go kart lol.
    From what I understand it was given as a prize without the motor in it. All of the wiring and buttons were left in place though so it would be too hard to install a new one. It was used during the filming of a commercial of some kind and Nintendo decided to give it away. There was probably a legal reason why they removed the motor.

Insert Coin (Level 0) pollmonster's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Zelda Link To The Past (Super Nintendo, Almost perfect condition) - $700 (Anderson)

Okay, so I found this game in a box with the system and I set it up and turned it on. No saves no nothing. I have played it twice since then. It's in great, almost brand new condition. It's worth a lot. But I am willing to talk about the price. Obo is $700.

http://redding.craigslist.org/vgm/4024993604.html

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

700 bucks for a cart only LTTP? A bargain at twice the price lol

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

700 bucks for a cart only LTTP? A bargain at twice the price lol
    if it was worth that much, I'd sell mine in a heart beat. hell I'd sell my entire collection because most of the games I have are the common ones that just keep going up in price.
    COMPLETED MY USA SMS SET!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://austin.craigslist.org/vgm/3995179047.html

This guy is selling a snes with Mario world for $50.

I ask the guy if he would sell the snes by itself for $30. He responds "$50 with mario". I tell him I know that and explained i didnt want the game just the snes and see if he would work with me.

He responds with " My bad, u meant $50 without Mario, its fair the gaming stores go $60 with just one controller."

Bleh

Insert Coin (Level 0) pollmonster's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Original NES Nintendo Entertainment System - $125 (Oceanside)

Original NES Nintendo Entertainment System with new 72 pin connectors, new door, comes with 2 controllers a zapper and Mario/ Duck hunt video game system works great. Also have other games and accessories available for purchase.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/vgm/4031889164.html

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by pollmonster View Post
    Original NES Nintendo Entertainment System - $125 (Oceanside)

Original NES Nintendo Entertainment System with new 72 pin connectors, new door, comes with 2 controllers a zapper and Mario/ Duck hunt video game system works great. Also have other games and accessories available for purchase.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/vgm/4031889164.html
    Is it my imagination or is the door a completely different shade than the rest of the console?