Page 37 of 171 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Craigslist people, are they serious?!??

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Here's an N64 system with 10 games, $350 firm. A nice wall of text explaining that everything must go fast, and that it would be suitable for someone to resell.
    http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/tag/1096371565.html

ORIGINAL N64 NINTENDO 64 W/ CORDS & 10 GAMES EVERYTHING MUST GO!
    I have the following N64 console and games for sale as a package. Both the system and games are extremely clean, have been tested and work perfectly. All the games have perfect labels, are in excellent condition and come from a smoke-free house.

N64 System:

Original N64 Black Console - Excellent condition, no marks or stains - This consoles comes with an Expansion Pack, the original AV Audio Cable, original N64 AC Power Supply/Adapter and 1 original N64 grey Controller.

N64 Games:

Super Mario 64 X 2 - Excellent condition, no rips, tears or marks. - Classic game in which you have to collect stars in order to save Princess Peach by going through many obstacles and defeating Bowser.

Super Smash Brothers 64 - Excellent condition, no rips, tears or marks. - One of the best games for N64 in which players must force their opponents beyond the boundaries of the stage. Most attacks inflict damage and can, if enough damage is dealt, knock back the enemy. ONE OF THE BEST MULTIPLAYER GAMES.

Donkey Kong 64 - Excellent condition, no rips, tears or marks. - The main goal of the game is to collect Golden Bananas. There are 200 Golden Bananas with a "Nintendo" sticker and an additional special one with a Rareware sticker.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater - Excellent condition, no rips, tears or marks. - The goal of game is to successfully perform and combine aerials, flips, and grinds, with successful executions adding to the player's score.

Mario Kart 64 - Excellent condition, no rips, tears or marks. - One of the best game for N64, in which players take control of characters from the Mario universe, who race around a variety of tracks with items that can either harm an opponent or aid the user. ONE OF THE BEST MULTIPLAYER GAMES.

In Box Games

Super Mario 64 - Excellent condition, no rips, tears or marks, IN BOX & WITH MANUALS/INSERTS - Classic game in which you have to collect stars in order to save Princess Peach by going through many obstacles and defeating Bowser.

Mario Kart 64 - Excellent condition, no rips, tears or marks, IN BOX, WITH MANUALS/INSERTS, ALMOST SEALED - One of the best game for N64, in which players take control of characters from the Mario universe, who race around a variety of tracks with items that can either harm an opponent or aid the user. ONE OF THE BEST MULTIPLAYER GAMES.

Mario Party - **MINT** condition, no rips, tears or marks, IN BOX & WITH MANUALS/INSERTS - Consisting of 50 mini games, where players taking turns to roll the dice block and move ahead the number of spaces shown. The primary objective of the game is to collect more stars than any other player. BEST N64 GAME EVER MADE!!!

Mario Party 2 - Excellent condition, no rips, tears or marks, IN BOX & WITH MANUALS/INSERTS - There are many mini-games in Mario Party 2. They are divided into four-player, one vs. three, two vs. two, and battle games. The type of mini game is selected by the number of characters gaining coins or stars, or losing coins and stars.

N64 Accesories:

RFU Cables X 2

$350 FIRM

These are the best games ever made for the N64 (their classics), and they come in excellent condition and are usually very expensive (collectors items). It doesn't matter if you're a collector, reseller or just buying them to enjoy the classics these games are enjoyable for anyone. Please reply back to this ad if interested. Thank you.

Level 10 Manly Pink Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/tag/1096329762.html

Sega Genesis - $50 (milwaukee)

Reply to: sale-ucgyp-1096329762@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-03-28, 1:17PM CDT

it works and has 10 games 50.00 obo 4147503369

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    That's an amazing offer!... For uhh... Some stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This genius only "excepts" CASH up front. He's a raider all right...

http://memphis.craigslist.org/tag/1096868333.html
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!"

My feedback thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93213

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JanLazer

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...AdIdZ117307990

Super Mario World with manual (SNES Super Nintendo) MINT
    Price: $40.00 Ad ID: 117307990
    Visits: 2

I'm selling my Super Mario World game for the Super Nintendo system/console. The game comes with the manual. Look at the pictures and see just how minty fresh it is!
    Its MINTY FRESH, peoples! I was just pestering this guy earlier for trying to offload Link to the Past for $90. MEntioned that it was selling for $20 on eBay and only more than that if its sealed. He pretty much told me: "not according to MY ebay.". Yeeeeah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JanLazer View Post
    I was just pestering this guy earlier for trying to offload Link to the Past for $90. MEntioned that it was selling for $20 on eBay and only more than that if its sealed. He pretty much told me: "not according to MY ebay.". Yeeeeah.
    That's when you should try to sell him your extra Super Mario Worlds for $20 each, be polite while you offer them.

Here's one for today. Someone is selling an N64 system overpriced, and they listed their ad as a "wanted" ad. There's also bad spelling, plus they listed their home address as their location. Smart guy.
    http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ117380031

Wanted: NINTENDO 64
    Price: $100.00

i am offering u to sell my nintendo 64 including
    remote control good condition 1 game name
    super mario smash bros the best game. Everything including.
    please contract me on my#(I deleted the numbers)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I'll post a good ad I just came across, just to show that there is a reason to keep checking the classifieds. I'd buy it myself but it's a bit too far away for me to get to.
    http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/tag/1100056469.html

Playstation One Collection - $60
    Playstation One ($60 for all)

Final Fantasy VII
    The Legend of Dragoon (Missing Manual)
    Metal Gear Solid
    Parasite Eve
    Gran Turismo 2
    The Granstream Saga
    Saga Frontier
    Warhammer: Dark Omen
    Chrono Cross
    Soulblade
    Final Fantasy IX
    Final Fantasy Tactics

All games are in great condition and included original cases/manuals unless otherwise stated.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I'll post a good ad I just came across, just to show that there is a reason to keep checking the classifieds. I'd buy it myself but it's a bit too far away for me to get to.
    http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/tag/1100056469.html
    He probably got offered a total of $15 by a ripoff used game outlet and thought much anything would be better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JanLazer

Default Oh to have money...

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...AdIdZ117822058

2 - Vic 20, 1 in box all complete
    1- vic-20 tape player
    1 - atari complete
    1 - Sega Master complete w/ zapper
    1 - Sega Genesis w/ add on CD
    4 - Complete Nintendo's 1 in box
    1 - Super Nintendo complete 2 controllers
    2 - Sony Playstations 1 with wirless controller and mega memory block
    1 - nintendo 64 (orange) and expansion pack
    1 - Sega Dreamcast complete with 2 controllers and 2 vmu
    1 - Nintendo game Cube still in the box
    1 - Playstation 2 in box complete
    1 - xbox with 1 older controller
    1 in box wheel for all 3 systems

best offer for whole lot

Strawberry (Level 2) Hitman Tyler's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SILENT_CQC

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/1099833219.html
    Sorry this made me lamo.&
    Then again, I don't think anybody could get rich off of this...
    Last edited by Hitman Tyler; 04-01-2009 at 04:31 PM.
    MY 100th POST:
    SUNDAY, AUGUST 31, 2008.... @ 9:41 A.M.

Mount Snakemoore

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What in the hell........

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/tag/1100789461.html

Let's see who can point out all of the "wtf" makers.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Tyler View Post
    http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/1099833219.html
    Sorry this made me lamo.&
    Then again, I don't think anybody could get rich off of this...
    There was an ad for a yardsale nearby, like four blocks away, awhile ago, that said they had a whole bunch of NES games. Well, when I got there, they had over 40 NES games! Unfortunately, every single one was Super Mario Bros, Super mario Bros/Duck Hunt, or Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt/Track & Field (or whatever that game's called). Granted, they only wanted a quarter apiece, but how disappointing was that!
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Strawberry (Level 2) Hitman Tyler's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SILENT_CQC

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    There was an ad for a yardsale nearby, like four blocks away, awhile ago, that said they had a whole bunch of NES games. Well, when I got there, they had over 40 NES games! Unfortunately, every single one was Super Mario Bros, Super mario Bros/Duck Hunt, or Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt/Track & Field (or whatever that game's called). Granted, they only wanted a quarter apiece, but how disappointing was that!
    At least it was close....
    MY 100th POST:
    SUNDAY, AUGUST 31, 2008.... @ 9:41 A.M.

Mount Snakemoore

ooooOOOOHHH RUSTY!!! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FxMercenary
    PSN
    Gronkus

MAO! Nintendo huh? Man that doesnt look like any Nintendo Ive ever seen!

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/tag/1102933177.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FxMercenary View Post
    MAO! Nintendo huh? Man that doesnt look like any Nintendo Ive ever seen!

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/tag/1102933177.html
    The sports games are the least expensive "Nintendo" games he's got in that lot
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!"

My feedback thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93213

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/tag/1103295010.html

$150? Only 3 noteworthy games in there. Not worth $70.

Lost the link but another Cincy seller wants $50 for Final Fantasy VII "because it's $90 on eBay". But he admits his copy has a CRACK through disc 2, which would make it unplayable.

I'm also now convinced that I'm right in wanting to open up an "idiots of Craigslist" site. Too many replies I get to my sales ads are people who want attention, and I htink, if their names and email addresses are put on public display, they'll abandon CL and the bogus buy inquiries will stop. I'm trying to sell a Genesis with 6 games, a local person said they wanted to buy but won't actually agree to meet to purchase the thing. Poeple like this waste my time and get my hopes up.
    Last edited by Diosoth; 04-02-2009 at 06:20 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Tyler View Post
    At least it was close....
    Yeah but I did have to hike up a hill to get to it. Oh and just to see I wasn't making any of this up (cuz it's SUCH a great story ) here's a link to his new ad: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ele/1104523066.html
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Cherry (Level 1) ErmangelnSeelen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok, so this one isn't craigslist, but it's still hilarious.

I walked into this crappy game store that was charging insane prices ($30 DKC, $50FFIII, etc) and I asked if they carried any Complete games....of course, she just stares at me like "what does complete mean", so I explained to her that it meant games tht came with the manual and box. She immediately looks at me and says "no.no. we dont. That's collector's stuff, you'd have to go online for that. (never mind the store one block over had them)"

Me: "uhhh, okay...can I see this Resident Evil disc?"(Resident Evil in jewel case for $15, not terrible)
    Crazy lady: "ok, here, we have 2 copies"
    *She slaps both discs of Resident Evil 2 on the table*
    Me: actually thats the 2nd one
    *conversation, blah blah, she says she doesn't think she has it, i tell her she does*
    Crazy lady: Here it is. We buff ALL of our games upon receiving them...because the playstation games are black, they leave traces of any buffing we do
    *I pick up the disc, it was clearly gamedoctored, and VERY poorly...I explained to her in very sensitive and nice terms that it was NOT always like that for games that had been re-surfaced, and I casually asked her what kind of re-surfacer she had*
    Crazy lady : ummmm...we...can't give out that kind of information.

I thought that was hilarious. She was just game doctoring all her cds and didn't want to tell me, hahaha.

How can people be so stupid?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ErmangelnSeelen View Post
    ok, so this one isn't craigslist, but it's still hilarious.

I walked into this crappy game store that was charging insane prices ($30 DKC, $50FFIII, etc) and I asked if they carried any Complete games....of course, she just stares at me like "what does complete mean", so I explained to her that it meant games tht came with the manual and box. She immediately looks at me and says "no.no. we dont. That's collector's stuff, you'd have to go online for that. (never mind the store one block over had them)"

Me: "uhhh, okay...can I see this Resident Evil disc?"(Resident Evil in jewel case for $15, not terrible)
    Crazy lady: "ok, here, we have 2 copies"
    *She slaps both discs of Resident Evil 2 on the table*
    Me: actually thats the 2nd one
    *conversation, blah blah, she says she doesn't think she has it, i tell her she does*
    Crazy lady: Here it is. We buff ALL of our games upon receiving them...because the playstation games are black, they leave traces of any buffing we do
    *I pick up the disc, it was clearly gamedoctored, and VERY poorly...I explained to her in very sensitive and nice terms that it was NOT always like that for games that had been re-surfaced, and I casually asked her what kind of re-surfacer she had*
    Crazy lady : ummmm...we...can't give out that kind of information.

I thought that was hilarious. She was just game doctoring all her cds and didn't want to tell me, hahaha.

How can people be so stupid?
    Most decent game stores have the large machines. Only someone very cheap is still using one of those Game Doctor things. Those never worked right and should have been pulled from the market.

Myself, I put my Retro Duo, Ascii controller and 9 games on CL. stating I'd trade for a sega Saturn or sell for $75. 3 of the games are boxed imports, 2 of the NES games are boxed. Some asshat woman offered me $45 for everything. This is the same one who keeps "vanishing" whenever she asked to buy my spare Genesis. Needless to say, I'm not getting ripped off and I told her so in rather nasty terms.

$45 for that? Do people think I'm mentally handicapped?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diosoth View Post
    Myself, I put my Retro Duo, Ascii controller and 9 games on CL. stating I'd trade for a sega Saturn or sell for $75. 3 of the games are boxed imports, 2 of the NES games are boxed. Some asshat woman offered me $45 for everything. This is the same one who keeps "vanishing" whenever she asked to buy my spare Genesis. Needless to say, I'm not getting ripped off and I told her so in rather nasty terms.

$45 for that? Do people think I'm mentally handicapped?
    9 games for $5 each is $45. I can see why she offered that amount, usually I end up buying game lots when the games average out to $5 each and the system would be included for free(as long as there's a game I actually want in the lot). I don't offer a lower price for ads, if it's too much I just leave it for someone else. You'd probably get more if you sold everything separately, it seems there's usually a top amount that most people are willing to spend at a single time(I find between $40-$60 is most common for bundles). Try selling the boxed games and imports separately(maybe ask for $10 each?), and bundle the rest with the system.

Of course, I've got replies from the same person several times and each time they just didn't follow through so I just stopped replying back to them. I don't bother dealing with lowballers either. I've had someone else offer me $50 for all my NES games, when someone else once offered to trade me a PS3 for them(I don't want a PS3 so I turned them down).

Cherry (Level 1) ErmangelnSeelen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diosoth View Post
    Most decent game stores have the large machines. Only someone very cheap is still using one of those Game Doctor things. Those never worked right and should have been pulled from the market.
    Right, that's why it was so funny, and why I posted it here. I mean, it was BAD, like scraping steel wool all over it