Page 51 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3417

Thread: Craigslist people, are they serious?!??

Banana (Level 7) SamuraiSmurfette's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    I hate to double post but this one is just too funny: http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/tag/1184666413.html
    I actually L0L'ed.
    Thanks for that.

How about buying a $20 gift card for....$20?
    http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and...AdIdZ130825986
    Last edited by SamuraiSmurfette; 05-26-2009 at 11:34 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ele/1187360826.html

Did they accidently type an extra zero?

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoCandy View Post
    It took me a second to realize he was selling a strategy guide and NOT a "manual" to the game. I was like "why would he pay $20 for a manual?

Quote Originally Posted by Diosoth View Post
    Hey, kiss my ass. I'm asking well below some ripoff used game outlet(which this forum is run by). Anyone who doesn't like it is welcome to keep their MOUTH SHUT.
    You also don't have the overhead those "ripoff" used game outlets do. You SHOULD sell it for less than a store. Who would buy ANYTHING from some dude who wants to meet in a Burger King parking lot if they weren't getting something for less than they get in a store?
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Xbox 360 Elite (Resident Evil 5) Limited - $750 (Kelso WA)
    Reply to:sale-hrb9u-1191708073@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-05-27, 11:53AM PDT
    http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/tag/1191708073.html

Well, this is my second time selling my Xbox. Yet again another great deal on this if someone is looking for a Xbox. I have a Limited edition, Resident Evil 5 Xbox 360. Whats funny is I bought this thinking I was going to use it more... There is less then 100 Hours on this Xbox. You can believe me or not, Whoever is going to buy this is getting a brand new Xbox, I have all the Packaging and all the plastic this box came with. I bought a recharge kit for the controller, (Black) To keep the theme going on the controller. I've got 9 games. Showing only 8 in the picture.. All these games are in perfect condition, I bought them all brand new Never even played My Gears of war 2, or my oblivion... I know this doesnt sound right but, I just didnt have anytime to sit and play. I only beat Resident evil 5 and Halo wars... So, you can see There is no hours on this Xbox. This is a fully loaded Xbox, It has HDMI for 1080p It has your optic Audio. 120gig Harddrive.You can call me with any questions. The Price isnt completely firm... But i know what this xbox is worth. I worked at Game Crazy I know how limited these Xbox's are. 1-360-846-7907 Names Mike. This is a bundle. I will not sell pieces of it.

Oblivion - Game of the year Edition (Rare)
    Bioshock - Limited edition. (Not collectors)
    Halo Wars - Regular
    Battlefiel Bad Company - Regular
    Madden 09 - Regular
    Left 4 Dead - Regular
    Resident evil 5 - Has the Special theme from the Xbox code from inside the box.
    Gears of war 2 - Limited Collectors edition.
    F.E.A.R. 2 - Regular
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am guessing the price is when you bought everything new?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice way to be vague, pal.
    http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/tag/1191950820.html

Some guy tried to sell of ROM Cds and his ads keep getting flagged. he's whiny about it. BULLSHIT he owns the rights to sell hundreds of game ROMs.
    http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/tag/1192056831.html

I lowered the price of my Genesis bundle to $65. This same ROM selling asshole emails me to chew me out about the price trying to convince me that games have no value. Well of course not! If he'd trying to sell illegal ROM discs for $10 each! Probably can't understand why anyone would buy legit copies when his CD-R ROM discs are so cheap! And yes, I admitted to flagging his ads, so screw him.

Poeple don't like the price, they can drop the hell dead for all I care. I'mnot pandering to some idiot who thinks the lot is worth $30(IE you people, apparently. So, how much trade does the DP store give and how high will they resell it for?)

I also posted my NES game lot. BOTH ads specifically say "local deals only" and "Cash only. Paypal is not cash". Didn't stop some loser jerkstick from MD from emailing me asking to buy and pay by Paypal. Yes, sure, sounds good. Gonna reverse that Paypal payment after I mail the games, buddy? I cursed him out for being that stupid.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Don't these people realize they'll spend more time responding to people w/ copy/paste emails than if they just put it in the ad to begin with? Morons. Still, I've gotten decent deals from some like this, presumably since others haven't bothered to contact them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Diosoth
    I lowered the price of my Genesis bundle to $65. This same ROM selling asshole emails me to chew me out about the price trying to convince me that games have no value. Well of course not! If he'd trying to sell illegal ROM discs for $10 each! Probably can't understand why anyone would buy legit copies when his CD-R ROM discs are so cheap! And yes, I admitted to flagging his ads, so screw him.

Poeple don't like the price, they can drop the hell dead for all I care. I'mnot pandering to some idiot who thinks the lot is worth $30(IE you people, apparently. So, how much trade does the DP store give and how high will they resell it for?)
    Actually, no less than 3 people in your thread on it suggested $60, so you are now in line with that. I also tend to list my stuff on the high side for a couple reasons. I'm patient and don't mind waiting, and a vast majority of people will ask for 5-10 bucks off no matter what the list price is. Sometimes I accept those offers, sometimes not. It depends mostly on my 'inventory'.

You've really gotta give it up with the whole 'b-b-but used game stores charge more! Waaaah' (quivering lip) bit. It is a completely different financial model making any comparisons to us hobbyist sellers totally irrelevant. You've even said yourself that these independent shops are all having to close, so clearly there isn't a simple solution to their challenges.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't see these too often.
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/ele/1191456149.html
    I'm not into store displays myself, they take up too much room, but I figured if someone here hadn't seen it yet they might want to jump on it.

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Quote Originally Posted by Chainclaw View Post
    I'm not into store displays myself, they take up too much room, but I figured if someone here hadn't seen it yet they might want to jump on it.
    Holy Shit, that's a Blockbuster Pokemon Snap Station!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Don't these people realize they'll spend more time responding to people w/ copy/paste emails than if they just put it in the ad to begin with? Morons. Still, I've gotten decent deals from some like this, presumably since others haven't bothered to contact them at all.

Actually, no less than 3 people in your thread on it suggested $60, so you are now in line with that. I also tend to list my stuff on the high side for a couple reasons. I'm patient and don't mind waiting, and a vast majority of people will ask for 5-10 bucks off no matter what the list price is. Sometimes I accept those offers, sometimes not. It depends mostly on my 'inventory'.

You've really gotta give it up with the whole 'b-b-but used game stores charge more! Waaaah' (quivering lip) bit. It is a completely different financial model making any comparisons to us hobbyist sellers totally irrelevant. You've even said yourself that these independent shops are all having to close, so clearly there isn't a simple solution to their challenges.
    Calling me a whiner? I'll call you a queer. Sound good? Seriously you fucking asshole, I'm whining? I don't think so! I'm trying to beat the competition but all people do is bitch that I'm not offering a blowjob with the console. Maybe if you didnt come off a fucking dipshit honky about it I wouldn't get so nasty but really, you're all a bunch of goddamn children.

ROM seller claims "oh, oh, I sold my ROM discs and made lots of money! Up yours!" No doubt he sold jack squat.
    http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/tag/1192516817.html

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think I'm also going to permanently ditch collecting in favor of emulation and modchipping. I see no reason to keep buying up "actual hardware" when its value seems to get cut by 75% the second I own it. I'm through taking a monetary loss on video games and I couldn't give a damn about the financial stability of the companies that make them.

In short, buying up vintage hardware is completely meaningless. I've learned my lesson. I think I'll go trade that Genesis lot in for a whopping $15 RIGHT NOW and atone for my sins of thinking I deserve fair treatment. Let someone else sell it for lots of money instead, they clearly deserve it more than I do!

I seriously mean this. If I buy a used PS1 I'll modchip it. If I buy a 360 I'll mod it. I'm not paying $20-$40 apiece for the games, especially since no one would want to pay me more than $5 apiece for the same titles for some unknown reason.

And as for the craigslist crowd, most of them are idiots anyway. They don't deserve a fair price.

Insert Coin (Level 0) chrissylas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chainclaw View Post
    I saw that and I definitely want it but I went a little too crazy buying stuff this last weekend.

It's definitely sweet though!

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

I think I'm also going to permanently ditch collecting in favor of emulation and modchipping. I see no reason to keep buying up "actual hardware" when its value seems to get cut by 75% the second I own it. I'm through taking a monetary loss on video games and I couldn't give a damn about the financial stability of the companies that make them.

In short, buying up vintage hardware is completely meaningless. I've learned my lesson. I think I'll go trade that Genesis lot in for a whopping $15 RIGHT NOW and atone for my sins of thinking I deserve fair treatment. Let someone else sell it for lots of money instead, they clearly deserve it more than I do!

I seriously mean this. If I buy a used PS1 I'll modchip it. If I buy a 360 I'll mod it. I'm not paying $20-$40 apiece for the games, especially since no one would want to pay me more than $5 apiece for the same titles for some unknown reason.

And as for the craigslist crowd, most of them are idiots anyway. They don't deserve a fair price.
    Don't trade it in! I still want to buy the Sega CD or 32x...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Calling me a whiner? I'll call you a queer. Sound good? Seriously you fucking asshole, I'm whining? I don't think so! I'm trying to beat the competition but all people do is bitch that I'm not offering a blowjob with the console. Maybe if you didnt come off a fucking dipshit honky about it I wouldn't get so nasty but really, you're all a bunch of goddamn children.

ROM seller claims "oh, oh, I sold my ROM discs and made lots of money! Up yours!" No doubt he sold jack squat.
    I just loled at how that guy spelled genius wrong.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can check Ebay's completed auctions listings and see how much comparable lots like yours have sold for. It doesn't matter to ANYONE how much YOU spent on something.

As for trade-ins, I never do for the same reason you just mentioned BUT AGAIN you can't compare a store selling an item to some dude on the street selling it. Of course you're going to have to sell things cheaper than a store. Duh.

AND AGAIN you are never going to get anyone to buy anything from you if you act like an ASSHOLE as you have been doing on here AND in your ads. Reading the shit you talk in your ads is enough reason to make ANYONE not want to deal with you.

There are two kinds of people who buy games on CL: those that want them to play and those that are looking to resell. Since you aren't listing your games low enough for a reseller, you'd have to wait for someone who just wants to play the stuff. That takes time AND finesse, something that you've abundantly shown that you lack. NO ONE WANTS TO DEAL WITH YOU WHEN YOU SAY ASSHOLE THINGS IN YOUR AD. You'd probably have sold that bundle by now if you stopped being a dick about it.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, this doesn't sound good at all. This kind of post is not tolerated here.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

No, 'us' people said if you were selling on Craig's List that it was worth $60. $60 > $30 by **gasp** $30! If you really care to know what the lovely 'ripoff' store thats affiliated with this site that you've pumped 500+ posts into in the last 3 months, why don't you just call them at (973) 772-1111 between 11-8 M-T, 11-9 F-Sat, and 12-5 Sun. Joe or one of his employees would be glad to help you.

Your name calling is not something that is accepted here. If you can't stop it, we'll be glad to.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I see no reason to keep buying up "actual hardware" when its value seems to get cut by 75% the second I own it.

HAHAHAHAH!

Or maybe someone is just paying 4x what anyone else would ever pay...

Seriously though, c'mon. I mean, c'mon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Heh, Diosoth, you crack me up with your rants... *jerry springer style chant! *dram-a, dram-a, dram-a!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll admit I am both kinds of people on craigslist. I do resell the stuff I buy but it is not all video games. I try to get deals on other things as well. Lately it has been record lots like the recent one I got from a couple 400 for $40 because they wanted to get rid of it. I parted it out to myself, a few friends and then a record store. The other times I just find random stuff that I want for my personal collection like I am hoping to pick up a Laser Disc Player for $35. I need one to play Pulp Fiction on Laser Disc.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Check local Goodwills, I found my LD player there for $25, and it's the self-flipping kind!