Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    EMC2INTOSH

Default Far Cry 2

Apoligies if there is a thread already.

Suprised to see a lack of discussion on this game. I guess with Fable 2 out and Fallout 3 about to come out I can see why.

Just picked this up today. Havent had alot of time to play it yet, only about an hour but im enjoying it so far. I'll comment more once I really get into it. Anyone thats played, what are your thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

I picked it up last Wednesday and finally got a chance to play an hour or so yesterday. All I can say is it's pretty cool so far. I love the open world FPS genre. My first impression is that it's similar to Oblivion only set in modern day, civil war-torn Africa (I suppose Oblivion's RPG elements aren't there either...). The "make it up as you go" mission structure sounds like a lot of fun. It should also be mentioned that Far Cry 2 is one of the best looking FPS's on the 360. Amazing visuals on the grass, plant life, and terrain in general.

Bonus: No FarCry "Predator" bullshit. No super powers, no turning into a tiger (or whatever you were in that game).

Unfortunately (for FC2), Fallout 3 hits in two days. I'll definitely be coming back to this one in a month or two though.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

I've been enjoying it, although it hasn't grabbed me the way I thought it would. It's great in 2-3 hour bursts but after that I get a little bored of playing and opt to do something else. Pretty game though, and no framerate hitches on the PS3 (though there is pop-in if you look for it, but that's just something we usually have to deal with from games in this genre anyways).

One thing that does annoy me though is how many bullets it takes you to bring down the enemies. Like, give me a break! Maybe I'll just have to try a few missions using the stealth/sniper approach, as emptying half of an AK-47 clip into every enemy I see gets a little frustrating after a while. Likewise with the amount of times enemies seemingly appear out of nowhere, shoot at you until your car smokes and stops (not a fan of having to repair the vehicles either, but it's better than them outright breaking down/exploding I guess) where you have to then deal with the attackers and repair your vehicle. Minor annoyances in an otherwise great (in short plays, for me anyways) FPS that is vastly different from the last handful of games in the FPS genre I've played through.

They could have called it "Mercenary in Africa" or anything else though, because it shares nothing in common with the other FarCry games. But they'll sell more on the name, obviously.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do not have any complains about the game itself but i do realised that most of you expected ''more'', well i say:
    FC2 is fucking awesome,it has one of the most pleasing fps gameplay i´ve ever seen.
    The ''evolution'' system is great, there are situations that no other fps can provide you, ex:
    There was an abandoned junkyard or some bullshit and i have absolutely no ammo but 10-20 bullets on my rushed pistol and i NEEDED one box that was somewhere there, i simply shoot some barrill until the bad guys gathered on the bottom of the hill and threw a molotov and burn them all, GREAT!
    I mean, it IS really a good game, vast world and will take me some time to let it go or some fallo.....

Hunting down to the last breath!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does it have co-op?
    YouTube: MasonSushi---- http://www.youtube.com/user/masonsushi
    NintendoAge: MasonSushi
    Licensed NES- Complete....32X Complete
    N64- Complete....Master System (CIB)- 8 left
    TG-16 Hu - Complete

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    EMC2INTOSH

After putting some decent time in this game I have to say its pretty fun. There is a ton of traveling to do when going to missions which can turn some people off. It kind of annoyed me at first but I really like it. The eenviorment and graphics are really great. Only thing I hate is when im traveling for 10 minutes to get to a mission and I get killed at a guard post and have to make the trek all over again. A complaint I had/have is that it does take too many bullets to take down the enemies. Since i've acquired the sniper rifle though it doesnt seem to be a problem anymore. Its really fun when you unlock and purchase more weapons. It really opens the game up and lets your really strategize how your going to tackle each mission.

I havent tried multiplayer yet. For anyone that has, how is it?