Thread: Noisy Wii

Insert Coin (Level 0) davegt666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Noisy Wii

well when i turn it on its fine and very quiet but when i insert a disc and it starts spinning its very loud and it is very annoying. my cousins wii doesn't do that so i'm thinking i'm going to send it in for repair. do you think i should send it?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davegt666 View Post
    well when i turn it on its fine and very quiet but when i insert a disc and it starts spinning its very loud and it is very annoying. my cousins wii doesn't do that so i'm thinking i'm going to send it in for repair. do you think i should send it?
    Yes, I would. It could be that a piece of the interior casing was molded improperly which is not dampening the noise like it should. It could also be a sign that the drive motor has a defect of some kind or a lack of lubrication. Either way, it sounds like a defect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually rethinking it. Yeah you should send it in because it could be your motor going bad which would mean you will need one pretty soon

Strawberry (Level 2) Nitrosport's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If it's still under warranty, I would send it in for repair. It's always best to deal with these things while the console is under warranty. If the warranty is over, it really depends on how you feel. If it's extremely loud and annoying, you might want to pay the repair fee and get it fixed. If the noise is'nt really bad and the console is working fine, you could try to get more use out of it before you drop some $ into repairs because of how it sounds.

By the way, Is your Wii on the stand or laying flat? My Wii was really loud when I had it on the stand because of the vibration. When I put it on its side, I couldn't hear it anymore.

Ray
    Last edited by Nitrosport; 10-29-2008 at 07:50 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) davegt666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrosport View Post
    If it's still under warranty, I would send it in for repair. It's always best to deal with these things while the console is under warranty. If the warranty is over, it really depends on how you feel. If it's extremely loud and annoying, you might want to pay the repair fee and get it fixed. If the noise is'nt really bad and the console is working fine, you could try to get more use out of it before you drop some $ into repairs because of how it sounds.

By the way, Is your Wii on the stand or laying flat? My Wii was really loud when I had it it on the stand because of the vibration. When I put it on its side, I couldn't hear it anymore.

Ray
    my wii is on the stand and i already tried to put it flat but it is still noisy. its not that noisy, like its not buzzing or it doesn't sound like lawnmower or anything but it is pretty loud and annoying. i will probably send it in because it is still under warranty