Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Banjo Kazooie HD Original on Xbox Live available right now!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42792.html

Gametrailers' review pretty much confirmed my worries about Nuts & Bolts which really sucks because I think the world looks amazing. I'll still try it again if I come across it, but right now I think I'll stick to the originals if I want to play some Banjo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

Just finished the game now and grabbed all the single player achievements except the stop n swop one. The game hooked me a lot harder than I ever could have imagined. While I'd like to see the franchise return to "true" platforming, Nuts N Bolts is still a quality game.

Going to try out multiplayer, and then I'm off the finish up Banjo XBLA.

Peach (Level 3) Princess-Isabela's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

finally got my game in the mail yesterday and have been playing it all day long, and even though I'm only about 50 jiggies in(been playing almost 18 hours straight and I cannot stop!), I know that this is my game of the year!!!
    this game feels like a true sequel to banjo kazooie, tooie, even though formula is a bit different, it feels completely like next huge Banjo Adventure, you guys gotta check it now.
    completely mind blowing adventure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

here's a scoop for you guys, Banjo Kazooie is available for grabs today!!!

even though game officially doesn't come for another week and a half, you can purchase it already!

here's the instructions:

this page is normally not available, so enjoy!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/en...0-000058410954

buy it, - voila, you have BKHD on your 360 ready to play today,
    have fun ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

So, I found out why the game was stuttering like crazy for me. 1080p upscaling = horrible framerate stuttering. If you play this game, set your system to 720p. Silky smooth for me now!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesmaster View Post
    So, I found out why the game was stuttering like crazy for me. 1080p upscaling = horrible framerate stuttering. If you play this game, set your system to 720p. Silky smooth for me now!
    That makes sense, but it's wholly unacceptable considering the game is a remake of an N64 game. There's no complex lighting, shadows or much of jack shit going on that should make the 360 remotely sweat, let alone stutter and slowdown. Even if it was in like 9900p. Christ.

Still a fun game, but there's no way I'd ever turn the settings on my 360s down to play it without slowdown. It stings a bit worse considering the game is $15. Hopefully this crap isn't in the BT remake and they get it right. Not like it'll influence my decision anyway, since Banjo is one of my favorite games of all time, so I'll be buying regardless. I just think that this BK remake could be better...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by unwinddesign View Post
    That makes sense, but it's wholly unacceptable considering the game is a remake of an N64 game. There's no complex lighting, shadows or much of jack shit going on that should make the 360 remotely sweat, let alone stutter and slowdown. Even if it was in like 9900p. Christ.

Still a fun game, but there's no way I'd ever turn the settings on my 360s down to play it without slowdown. It stings a bit worse considering the game is $15. Hopefully this crap isn't in the BT remake and they get it right. Not like it'll influence my decision anyway, since Banjo is one of my favorite games of all time, so I'll be buying regardless. I just think that this BK remake could be better...
    moan and b!tch, that's what internet is for, right? *sigh...
    I don't know if that 1080p thing is true, my friends didn't experience it(I play at 720p/1080i).
    Last edited by Princess-Isabela; 11-24-2008 at 02:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh it's totally true.. the game definitely has slowdown especially in water. And the suggestion above really does work. I simply switch to 720p and bam.. the slowdown is gone. Thanks for the advice

but there's no way I'd ever turn the settings on my 360s down to play it without slowdown.
    I don't see what the big deal is.. switch to 720p when playing Banjo.. then switch it back up for everything else. Couple of clicks

And to be honest, most stuff on the 360 looks fine in 720p anyway (is there any 1080p stuff?) so it really isn't all that serious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NE146 View Post
    And to be honest, most stuff on the 360 looks fine in 720p anyway (is there any 1080p stuff?) so it really isn't all that serious.
    There's only a handful of 1080p games (http://www.makeyougohmm.com/xbox360-1080p-games), and most of them you can do without. Bioshock in 1080p though.... oh my.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

Quote Originally Posted by Nesmaster View Post
    So coming off of the demo pretty sour, The full version hooked me in right away and I haven't been able to put the damn game down!
    I took a look at the demo too and came away sour. What was different? What changed your mind? I don't *want* to want N&B, but I am curious as to what the attraction is outside the typical love for Rare.

For me, the demo was too much like starting the real game up, rather than a quick and dirty idea of what type of gameplay and control I could expect. The availability of Demos is brilliant IMO, but games companies definitely need to think about what to put inside the demo or they work opposite to how they are intended. I'm trying your game because I'm interested, but I have no reason to keep at something I've just downloaded for free. I've got six other things to check out (Left 4 Dead next on my list of Demos to try)
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

patch should definitely fix this.
    and Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts is easily my game of the year, 32 hours in, almost got everything.
    this game is ingenious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just to clarify, the 720p slowdown fix is for the original Banjo Kazooie game.

I have yet to try out Nuts & Bolts, but word around town is everyone who gives it a chance is surprised at how good it is. I'll give my opinion on it when I actually give it a shot after BK1

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's really the principle of the thing. I bought a 1080p TV (erm, multiple 1080p TVs) so I could see content in 1080p. It's not "moaning and bitching," it's an advertised feature on the system. If they couldn't get it to run correctly in 1080p, then the game should automatically be output in 720p with no upscaling, instead of forcing me to change it myself. Change it every time I want to play a game? That's a terrible solution. My time is more valuable than that.

I don't see why everyone is ignoring the fact there is slowdown in this $15 game, and there shouldn't be. It's pitiful, and it sucks. Now, since I got the game for free with Nuts 'n Bolts, I'm willing to be forgiving about it, and since B-K is one of my top 3 games of all time, I can let it slide. But the fact remains that there are many prettier, more intensive games on both XBLA and in retail that don't have framerate drops. Is it a game killer? No, not even close. It's just a nuisance, and it shouldn't be there. I'll live. Slowdown doesn't bother me a shitload anyway, it just shows a lack of testing or care on the developers' part.

It's just generally annoying to me that a lot of games these days are being released with glitches or stupid oversights that shouldn't be there. Geometry Wars Evolved was $5 and glitch-free. Castle Crashers was $15 and had the most fucked up save system ever (or lack thereof). BK was $15 and has slowdown that is simply "WTF" to me. When I pay $15 for a ten year old game, it better not have technical difficulties on a system released TWO generations later. Hell, when I pay $15 for an arcade game, I expect a cut above in quality. And yeah, in gameplay and nostalgia, BK delivers in spades. But it doesn't bode well for BT that BK, a much less taxing/expansive game, has slowdown.

It really doesn't bother me as much as my rants would suggest, I just really wish that developers took more care in testing their product before it hits the Marketplace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I actually agree it's bullshit about the slowdown on Banjo Kazooie on the higher resolutions. It was pissing me off to no end (not to mention laughing at the thought that the 360 would be choking to play an N64 GAME ). But I guess I was just so happy that changing to 720p made it all better so I forgot about it.

But yeah there's really no excuse for it in the first place. Why can't we play it in 1080i and above without it being lousy?? You're absolutely right in that customers SHOULDN'T have to adjust to 720p to get the game to play without issue. Strange stuff..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by unwinddesign View Post
    It's really the principle of the thing. I bought a 1080p TV (erm, multiple 1080p TVs) so I could see content in 1080p. It's not "moaning and bitching," it's an advertised feature on the system. If they couldn't get it to run correctly in 1080p, then the game should automatically be output in 720p with no upscaling, instead of forcing me to change it myself. Change it every time I want to play a game? That's a terrible solution. My time is more valuable than that.

I don't see why everyone is ignoring the fact there is slowdown in this $15 game, and there shouldn't be. It's pitiful, and it sucks. Now, since I got the game for free with Nuts 'n Bolts, I'm willing to be forgiving about it, and since B-K is one of my top 3 games of all time, I can let it slide. But the fact remains that there are many prettier, more intensive games on both XBLA and in retail that don't have framerate drops. Is it a game killer? No, not even close. It's just a nuisance, and it shouldn't be there. I'll live. Slowdown doesn't bother me a shitload anyway, it just shows a lack of testing or care on the developers' part.

It's just generally annoying to me that a lot of games these days are being released with glitches or stupid oversights that shouldn't be there. Geometry Wars Evolved was $5 and glitch-free. Castle Crashers was $15 and had the most fucked up save system ever (or lack thereof). BK was $15 and has slowdown that is simply "WTF" to me. When I pay $15 for a ten year old game, it better not have technical difficulties on a system released TWO generations later. Hell, when I pay $15 for an arcade game, I expect a cut above in quality. And yeah, in gameplay and nostalgia, BK delivers in spades. But it doesn't bode well for BT that BK, a much less taxing/expansive game, has slowdown.

It really doesn't bother me as much as my rants would suggest, I just really wish that developers took more care in testing their product before it hits the Marketplace.
    as far as HD sets go, most people have 720p/1080i, so 1080p might have get overlooked.
    let's hope they will fix the slowdown from 1080p, until then - just play it and enjoy it, it's fantastically made remake(legendary stop 'n' swop is in it too).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy View Post
    I took a look at the demo too and came away sour. What was different? What changed your mind? I don't *want* to want N&B, but I am curious as to what the attraction is outside the typical love for Rare.
    I can't quite put my finger on it, maybe I just don't like demos. I have a hard time spending any real time on them because you aren't "progressing". They're nice for some games, but a game as involved as NnB well, it's hard for me to get lost in a demo for more than a few minutes.

Maybe the demo just had a poor level choice, because by the time you do get to those missions in the real game, you have much better parts and it's easier to create a vehicle for each situation (more power, better tires, the ability to fly for example).

I guess you could say that the game eases you in (with the whole vehicle aspect/easier missions) rather than being thrown into the demo without a clue in the world.

Strawberry (Level 2) Dastardly Dylan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    D2ME
    PSN
    D2ME

Isn't Banjo Kazooie supposed to be a full download on the XBL Arcade today? If so, I went to thier arcade page and it's still not available. What the hell?

Wii: 7782-6113-4774-2333
    Teh Pwn Shop! - YouTube - Twitter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think I saw the other day that its been pushed back into December.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly Dylan View Post
    Isn't Banjo Kazooie supposed to be a full download on the XBL Arcade today? If so, I went to thier arcade page and it's still not available. What the hell?
    they pushed it to december 3rd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've had that game for over a week. I got it free when I pre-ordered the nuts & bolt game. On my gamer card it says I played it last on the 16th of November.