Thread: How are those TG16 hucard labels on there?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How are those TG16 hucard labels on there?

For those that have some games you know what I mean. The "label" if that is even appropriate to call it... is kind of built into the platic card. It can't peel, and as far as I know now it can't be rubbed off. See, I got a few games in the mail today from an Ebay win and one of them had a "Gamedude" sticker on it. One of those "peel it and see VOID" type stickers. Well, I peeled it and then used mineral spirits to get the "void" sticker markings off the card. It took it off perfectly, and did nothing to the card's label at all. Needless to say I was pretty happy, and pretty impressed. I wish all the cartridge/card based games were made with labels like these!

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default Re: How are those TG16 hucard labels on there?

Quote Originally Posted by zektor
    For those that have some games you know what I mean. The "label" if that is even appropriate to call it... is kind of built into the platic card. It can't peel, and as far as I know now it can't be rubbed off. See, I got a few games in the mail today from an Ebay win and one of them had a "Gamedude" sticker on it. One of those "peel it and see VOID" type stickers. Well, I peeled it and then used mineral spirits to get the "void" sticker markings off the card. It took it off perfectly, and did nothing to the card's label at all. Needless to say I was pretty happy, and pretty impressed. I wish all the cartridge/card based games were made with labels like these!
    ((I wish all the cartridge/card based games were made with labels like these!))

Me too..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

He he he. TG16 huCards..quite possibly the most durable games out there! To my knowledge, the printing on the TG16 huCards is not printed ON them, but actually a part of the plastic, screened into the plastic itself when it was made, which is why you rarely see ruined huCards. You pretty much have to take a knife to them to ruin them, or try to bend them in half...that's about all that would do it. Definitely my favorite game cart style. I wish all games were that small!
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, the Hu cards were definitely one of the best designs in gaming. I mean what other game media can you carry 200 games in a lunchbox? They are small, durable, and super cool looking. I wish more systems had used them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Daimakaimura (SuperGrafx) has a pretty darn nice HuCard illustration (same as the cover, but the detail looks about the same). Hold it sideways and reflect the light off it. See the contours of the image?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SEGA Master system cards are the same way, and just as durable. It's a shame they never caught on. They must have been cheaper to manufacture too.

I'm guessing they had marketing issues (how can a big game fit on a small card) for the masses. Some people don't realize cart size has nothing to do with game technology.
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That's quite true...in Japan, your Nintendo Family Computer game cartridge was just big enough to hold the ROMs and board comfortably, which is why most are half the size of a US NES cart. Some were quite a bit smaller, like those silly special Bandai + adapter cartridges. Most NES ROM boards don't even fill half the cartridge case; Tengen Tetris only extends halfway into an otherwise empty case.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If they made a new system today with the hu-card technology, it would be awesome and fun to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hucards would make good memory cards for a system me thinks. You could keep it in your wallet and bring your saves with you anywhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zemmix
    Hucards would make good memory cards for a system me thinks. You could keep it in your wallet and bring your saves with you anywhere.
    The Neo Geo used cards for saving, and you can even use them on the Neo Geo arcade machines! Just be sure nobody stuck any gum or anything in the slot at the arcade before you insert your card!