Thread: MegaMan 2 Question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default MegaMan 2 Question

I started playing this game, and what seemed very simple, I gave up on simply because i honestly could not figure it out to the point of frusteration. How in the hell do I switch weapons?

I was able to pwn wood man on one life, then I went to bubble man (hey, if it is not the right order, i will learn the hard way), and i switched to the leaf shield, and for the life of me could not get rid of it.

Seriously, 4 buttons and it won't switch. Where the hell do I go to switch the weapons?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    I started playing this game, and what seemed very simple, I gave up on simply because i honestly could not figure it out to the point of frusteration. How in the hell do I switch weapons?

I was able to pwn wood man on one life, then I went to bubble man (hey, if it is not the right order, i will learn the hard way), and i switched to the leaf shield, and for the life of me could not get rid of it.

Seriously, 4 buttons and it won't switch. Where the hell do I go to switch the weapons?

Uhh...NES Version? Press Start.
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I was running it on an emu.

I pressed start and got brought to the pause menu where I can mess with the power (no clue why i have the option to look at it), weapon strength, and what appears to be a e (guessing energy), which was blank.

I tried just hitting select and nothing happened. It is wierd, because I was able to switch to the leaf shield, but could not get off of it.

Also, as for lives, do the lives get reset after every level, or do I only get my 2 or 3 for the entire game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You are aware that you have to beat the robot master associated with the weapon before you can use it yourself, right? Once you earn a weapon, it's right there in the Start menu.

Also, as for lives, do the lives get reset after every level, or do I only get my 2 or 3 for the entire game?
    Lives remain constant for the entire game, but free lives are very common and you have unlimited continues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, i beat the dude.

See, what happened was that i beat woodman and got his leaf shield.

I switched to his leaf shield and could not switch back.

I will end up playing this at home (slow day at the office), since I am guessing that since I am playing it in black and white (i found a java, browser based emu), that somehow it is an option that i can't see, because i described what i saw when i paused it, and i didn't see anything about any option to switch it. oh yeah, i did see an option to go to the next screen, but the screen was empty.

remember, i swtched to the leaf shield and had no clue how i did it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I pressed start and got brought to the pause menu where I can mess with the power (no clue why i have the option to look at it), weapon strength, and what appears to be a e (guessing energy), which was blank.

You have to select "P" with the D-pad and press start to get back to the normal weapon.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Anyways, Leaf Man won't help you beat Bubble Man any quicker. Infact, you'll beat Bubble Man with the regular cannon much easier(he's one of the easiest bosses in the game.) Bubble Man's weakness is the Metal Blades.

Special weapons in Mega Man 2 make the game a cakewalk. I honestly don't use them except for stages where you're forced to use them. One of the bosses at the end of the game you're forced to have full Crash Bombs or you know who can only be hurt by Bubble Lead.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 11-25-2008 at 09:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Anyways, Leaf Man won't help you beat Bubble Man any quicker. Infact, you'll beat Bubble Man with the regular cannon much easier(he's one of the easiest bosses in the game.) Bubble Man's weakness is the Metal Blades.
    Metal Blade drops a not insignificant number of baddies (and robot masters) in a heartbeat. The broken weapon we all know and love

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dude. I am on Wiley's Stages, and the metal weapon pwns all in this game. I hit a part where I finally had to read a strategy guide to know what to do, but that is because I had no idea that item-1 could be used to make steps.

I am doing this on an emu, but I feel I am doing it a decent way. Since I am too lazy to use passwords, I am saving through save states. I use it only at the boss select screen (except for when I got to wiley's castle).

I will only save when I am back to the boss selection (well, I cheated when I got to wiley's castle as well and saved once that stage started).

If this is any indication of the other megaman games (even if super easy), then I am about to get some megaman games. This game is too fun. I started out with one just to give the series a try. Either way, I am getting megaman 2 for sure. Whether I have the rom or not, I would rather have the cart for this game.

A buttload of me dying to understand what I am supposed to do in the stage, but I would rather die and just continue a buttload than to save state everything.

I don't mind twitch finger. Some of the guys just got obliterated with the metal weapon.

When I die at wiley's castle, do i not have the selection anymore to go to stage select (even though there is only one left, which is the castle)?

I also hope the rest of the games have the unlimited continue like this. I could care less if I am starting at the beginning of the stage.

I am now hooked on megaman (which is why it is 4 in the morning and I am typing this, I got lost in the blue bomber's goodness)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

Dude. I am on Wiley's Stages, and the metal weapon pwns all in this game. I hit a part where I finally had to read a strategy guide to know what to do, but that is because I had no idea that item-1 could be used to make steps.

I am doing this on an emu, but I feel I am doing it a decent way. Since I am too lazy to use passwords, I am saving through save states. I use it only at the boss select screen (except for when I got to wiley's castle).

I will only save when I am back to the boss selection (well, I cheated when I got to wiley's castle as well and saved once that stage started).

If this is any indication of the other megaman games (even if super easy), then I am about to get some megaman games. This game is too fun. I started out with one just to give the series a try. Either way, I am getting megaman 2 for sure. Whether I have the rom or not, I would rather have the cart for this game.

A buttload of me dying to understand what I am supposed to do in the stage, but I would rather die and just continue a buttload than to save state everything.

I don't mind twitch finger. Some of the guys just got obliterated with the metal weapon.

When I die at wiley's castle, do i not have the selection anymore to go to stage select (even though there is only one left, which is the castle)?

I also hope the rest of the games have the unlimited continue like this. I could care less if I am starting at the beginning of the stage.

I am now hooked on megaman (which is why it is 4 in the morning and I am typing this, I got lost in the blue bomber's goodness)
    You wanna see something hilarious? When you get to the next to last Wily stage (where you have to fight the robot masters again), fire a metal blade at Metal Man.

Oh, and just for you... A5, B2, B4, C1, C3, C5, D4, D5, E2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sabz5150 View Post
    You wanna see something hilarious? When you get to the next to last Wily stage (where you have to fight the robot masters again), fire a metal blade at Metal Man.

Oh, and just for you... A5, B2, B4, C1, C3, C5, D4, D5, E2
    Nice

Oh yeah, I am digging the wiley's castle music. pretty badass

Hmm, Stupid dragon. By the time i realized that he kills you with one hit while you run to the right, he took out my last life, hahaha.

I continue alot in this game, but at least I got to that dragon. don't spoil how to beat him though, I want to figure it out (I am not kidding when I say I read just enough to the strat guide to figure out that I had to use item-1 as steps). I am not pulling a braid with this game (for braid i read a strat guide that said how to do everything and kinda spoiled it for myself).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice

For sure. I love the music of Wily Castle stage 1.
    3,582 games and counting! Pics of tons of stuff!
    Come visit and sign the guestbook:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v48/SimplyDave/

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Sega Ages. If you haven't heard it, search up Metal of Oxenman/Okkusenman.

You'll find actual songs based off the music. Even in concert.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, here is a question:
    Wiley's castle, stage 4, the end boss where I need crash bombs, how do I avoid getting hit by those stupid things?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

Ok, here is a question:
    Wiley's castle, stage 4, the end boss where I need crash bombs, how do I avoid getting hit by those stupid things?
    If you are fast enough, you can jump when they fire. The eyes will blink when they are prepared to fire.

This boss can be beaten in a single run.

EDIT: Finding out how to do this is the trick Good luck, you're almost there!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sabz5150 View Post
    If you are fast enough, you can jump when they fire. The eyes will blink when they are prepared to fire.

This boss can be beaten in a single run. The trick is only to destroy two of the walls... the ones blocking the only access to two of the eyes. The others can be reached by using Items.
    hmm, i will have to try that, because those things sucked, plus I continued and lost all of my Energy things

That means I either need to play through to that point to get them back, or just tough it out without those. I did forget to save it on that stage, so either way, I am sorta forced to use a password.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

hmm, i will have to try that, because those things sucked, plus I continued and lost all of my Energy things

That means I either need to play through to that point to get them back, or just tough it out without those. I did forget to save it on that stage, so either way, I am sorta forced to use a password.
    You have to be quick. If you do this properly, you will have exactly enough Crash Bomb to defeat this boss if you enter with it fully powered. Just remember, if there is a way to get to an eye without destroying a wall, do it. Waste not, want not The annoying part will be working your magic with the items... that's what takes practice.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, here is a question:
    Press start just before they hit you. When you exit the pause menu, Megaman will do that stretchy animation and the bullets will pass through you. That is a tough boss, when I was a kid I used to beat him by taking out the walls and a couple guns, until my crash meter was empty. Then I'd get killed, refill my crash meter and take out the last couple guns; anything you destroyed previously will be gone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice

I have an iTunes playlist just for Wily Stage 1.. Glad you are enjoying this seminal classic. It's nice to see someone just discovering it.