Thread: Arcadia 2001 rarity (leisurevision)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Monkeyfracker

Default Arcadia 2001 rarity (leisurevision)

I have a Baseball cart from an Arcadia 2001 variant, the leisurevision. The rarity guide says nothing about the Leisure Dynamcs release, but the Emerson release was a 2. I have no idea if they are of the same rarity or what. Some of the other versions have 8 and 9 ratings, so I could be sitting on something pretty unique here.

Lucky me: the one game I have that might be of some value is also for a system with the most complex release history ever.

thanks in advance

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Arcadia stuff overseas is pretty nill on knowledge but most Arcadia stuff is at least uncommon to find at all so it's probably at least a 5/10 in rarity. Post a pic of the cart and we can eventually get it listed in the Rarity guide.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

The Arcadia et al. section is missing several titles (at least in the printed guide). Not because they're rare, but just because there are at least 5 different major 'families' for this console and some games just slipped through the cracks. The Leisurevision is basically the Canadian version of the Arcadia 2001 which is why you find them in the US a lot. Baseball is not a rare title, a 3/10 at best. The rare Leisurevision titles are games like Pleadies, Red Clash, Hobo, Spiders, and Route 16. Route 16 is probably the most desirable LV release since it was only released for the Leisurevision and one other clone (IIRC).

To make things even more confusing, there are several other consoles that have games which are compatible on a program level with the Arcadia/Leisurevision, but not on a cartridge level (MPT-03, Palladium, a Japanese console, etc.). So if you take the game code off one of those cartirdges and put it on an Arcadia style cartridge it will work. It's a really odd system, and unless you're into ports of really obscure and strange arcade games, really not worth bothering with. Still, there are some 'gems' in the library (and I use that term very loosely). I have a complete set of Arcadia style games (across several different families as all the games weren't released for any one console), but I'm missing several MPT-03 familiy games.

Tempest
    --- www.AtariProtos.com ---
    All Your Prototypes Are Belong To Us!