Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

It concerns modern gaming much more than classic gaming, hence the move here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Monkeyfracker

Quote Originally Posted by boatofcar View Post
    You must have some serious ADD if a computer logo keeps you from enjoying a cutscene.
    Macs are designed to stand out. Am I supposed to be immune to marketing campaigns? I mean I try, but its hard to combat your own psychology.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nintendoeats View Post
    4.The fact that Nintendo hasn't made a new franchise worth talking about in years.
    Wii Sports, Nintendogs, and Pikmin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Monkeyfracker

Ok, they have a few, but aside from pikmin are any of those nearly as good as mario, zelda or metroid? I know that if I ever have to play Wii Tennis with a non-gamer again I will stab the nearest monkey-related organism.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nintendoeats View Post
    Ok, they have a few, but aside from pikmin are any of those nearly as good as mario, zelda or metroid? I know that if I ever have to play Wii Tennis with a non-gamer again I will stab the nearest monkey-related organism.
    Play Wii Sports bowling, golf, or baseball instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Monkeyfracker

I can'\t. all they want to play is tennis. I thought it was really cool when we got a Wii at school. "yay, SSBB tournamentS! I haven't had anyone to play that with in a year!" but no, it had to be tennis all the time. I distracted them with mario kart for a bit, but then it was back to tennis. screw non-gamers. We don't need them. argh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Monkeyfracker

If my list had an 11 it would be everyone wanting to play Wii Tennis all the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

1. DRM and the dancing of everyone that doesn't think DRM is an issue.

2. Gamestop and all the fucking stickers and reseals and opening copies and putting them on the shelves. God damn it I like ripping off the plastic, NOT the fucking stickers you cake all over the cases.

3. Fanboys/Fan Haters. Yes I like the 360 everyone knows it, but I'm not going to think you are a retard for playing and enjoying other systems. Well, unless your GrandamChandler

4. Talking of what system is #1. Who gives a shit!?!?! Since when did that matter.

5. Shovelware, though I don't see any fix for this as its always been in gaming. (Friday the 13th on the NES as example)

6. Region Protection. I hate having to buy multiple systems just so I can play different games, something VERY cool about the PS3/DS/PSP.

7. Not enough 2d games. Games like Braid, Pac-Man CE, Galaga Legions, Raiden IV prove that 2d is still fun and can look awesome on the modern system.

8. Shooters, We need more of them.......period. And I'm not talking about FPS, I'm refering to side scrollers.

9. Used Nintendo 1st party titles cost. I'm looking at you Super Mario Galaxy that is available every where but you still have a used price of 40 bucks. This could also go with the "rare" games issue where the game isn't RARE!!! (Final Fantasy VII)

10. The ESRB and other ratings system. I'm so sick of the fact that a kid can watch a movie where a guy gets his head blown off, but the second a video game has a nipple on the screen or a sex act its the end of the fucking world. I have kids, stop trying to protect them from games when the problem is MUCH greater.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cheap deaths. Rampant back in the day (green ooze from the coffin in Shadowgate, Dragon's Lair's level memorization, etc.). I don't mind getting killed in games, but AT LEAST give me a hint before I die! Fortunately it's not as common anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    Cheap deaths. Rampant back in the day (green ooze from the coffin in Shadowgate, Dragon's Lair's level memorization, etc.). I don't mind getting killed in games, but AT LEAST give me a hint before I die! Fortunately it's not as common anymore.
    Wow, that relates to me playing through MM2 alot. I get a power bar, but if my thumb grazes a spiked ball, I am dead. I can see dying to the death pit, but stupid spiky ball. And why is it that one touch from the mechanical dragon and I am dead? All other bosses can slowly tick my life away, but this dragon can magically kill me if I touch it.

Giganticus breathalizer Mr Mort's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think most, if not all of these have been mentioned already, but here it is, in no particular order. (These all pertain to consoles)

-Having to patch/install/update my games before I can play them, or having to do it constantly. Get back to game testing, away from patching. I should put the game in the console, turn it on, and it should work, that simple.

-Paying for content already in the game: I have no problem paying for and downloading additional maps (for most games) that did not ship with the game. Paying for content that's already on the disk however, is pure bullshit. As far as I'm concerned, when you buy a game, you buy the right to access ALL the content on the disc.

-Gamestop's "open but still new price" bullshit. How the hell are you going to open a brand-new game and gut the box's contents, then tell me it's still new and charge me full retail price? Go to hell.

-Games that won't let you customize your controls; pure blasphemy. A prime example: Mega Man anniversary collection for the Gamecube. After decades of the left button being the action/shoot button, and the right being the jump, you now want to force me to reverse what has been hard-wired in my brain for over 2 decades... Yeah, right.

-Limited edtion/collector's edtion crap. It's bad enough games cost $60 these days, another ten or twenty for nicer box art and behind the scenes crap does not interest me. You're making enough off me already.

-EA: Go ahead, give me all the flak you can muster, but I hate them with a vengeance. They're the locusts of the gaming industry, buying developers and franchises, then sucking the life out of them. Putting out the same sports game(s) year after year with minimal updates, and charging $60 every time. I hate that people actually buy their shit. I hate that they shun any new ideas or IP's and just pump out yearly sequels. I will give them some credit tho, they have been trying to do some new things only recently, and Dead Space was an excellent new IP and game, but they have a long way to go, especially with their sports franchises.

-The demise of 2D gaming; as already stated, it's sad that 2D games are confined to handhelds these days. I'm not a big fan of handhelds, I want some more 2D console games, games that take advantage of HD resolutions, and have awesome special effects and animation.

-Gamestop's pricing on used games. Let's say Gears of War 2 just came out last week. It's $59.99 new, but they have a used copy for $54.99. Why the hell would I buy the used one? I'd rather spend the extra $5 and get a new one (that is if it's not one of their gutted "new" ones like mentioned earlier). Make the pricing of used games a bit more competitive. I understand the game is in high demand, but a measly $5 savings is not worth it to me. Make it at most $49.99 then I would seriously consider buying it. They'd still be making huge profits since they only paid about $25-$30 for it...

-Lack of originality and yearly sequels. Like my bitching about EA, but they're far from the only ones guilty of this. Do we really need a new Tony Hawk game every year? Not only that, no one is willing to take a risk and do something new and creative, it's depressing.

-Gamefaqs. It's a great resource for gaming help, but it's infested with juveniles who are obsessed with all things Final Fantasy and Nintendo. I don't know why, but it creeps me out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

"and 13-year-old boys of all ages"

*blinks*
    The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "save us!"......and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. Company loyalist preacher , I know its alright that you enjoy something to a certain extent. But when I get to the point I am having a discussion with you and your just blathering on and on about your favorite product , then your telling me why my product sucks just shut up. People don't need to hear why you think your way is superior , just cause your so emotionally invested in something.

2.Valve's resistance to other platforms other than pc. Some people would love to play their copies of the Orange Box and Left 4 dead and not have to wait so long for Valve to release the new content on the consoles. Whenever Gabe Newall opens his trap these days I can't help but facepalm my face by his small mindedness. If you check the video game headlines he is usually always complaining and really expresses his disdain for other platforms openly.The games Valves develops are brilliant , but Gabe Newall is hilarious cause he holds childish and meaningless grudges against petty things.

3. The feel and need to censorship on Xbox live. To be honest I don't like the idea of censorship when I am on Xbox live ,even it means the alternative is having my ears bleed by the immature user base. You have to put it in context that your on Xbox live and playing a video game where people are always going to act this way , you cant stop people from acting like themselves especially on the internet.

4.Being badgered by a store employee when I want to buy playstation 3 game , typically there is always that one employee that is trying to preach about why Xbox 360 is superior.Personally I like to be spontaneous and maybe pick up a Playstation 3 version of a game despite owning both a Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.However I don't need the lecture every time I desire to make a purchase I don't need to be ''enlightened''.

5. Gabe Newall

6. Forum users who make topics about fanboys getting along with each other. We aren't talking global diversity here , we are talking about video games and video game consoles.Video games = serious business.

7. Quintet hasn't made a game in years , We miss you Quintet!

8. When people misinterpret a game or criticize its style. Its rather Ironic when someone buys a Metal Gear Solid game and then complains about the cutscenes. A game is supposed to be criticized when its clear no effort was put into it or it was poorly made. Not when I don't enjoy the games style hating it on the basis of personal taste .So I wouldn't criticize Metal Gear Solid as inferior because Call of duty 4 is superior .Im not going to make comparisons when it comes to different styles , that would be like me complaining why The novel War of the Worlds isn't like The graphic novel The Watchmen. Two completely different things in a different style there's no real comparison.
    Last edited by Richter Belmount; 12-06-2008 at 07:09 PM.
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let's see:

-Sequels that never live up to the original

-Region locking

-Demise of Arcades

-Nintendo's E3 Conference

-Mother 1+3 not getting released in the U.S. Earthbound not getting a VC release.

-Japanese games never making it to the States

-Overabundance of Dragonball Z and Naruto games. A few are alright, but this is too much.

-Unskippable cutscenes

-Bad voice acting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just wanted to add checkpoints at the lack of them in certain games.

I would think nowadays it would be common sense to place checkpoints somewhere in a level or allow the user to save whenever wherever. I can't stand playing all the way through a level or the seventy ninth form of a boss, only to loose and be kicked all the way back to the beginning of the level or boss. This is only amplified if the boos or level is cheap as hell.

Two games that brought this up for me are Ninety-Nine-Nights and Bullet Witch. N3 does not have save points at all throughout the level. Bullet-Witch has an overly long and annoying end boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Ahh, things that are retarded about the hobby we all love...where to begin. In no particular order(I will keep the list well rounded). I will try to speard the love to each console and express what pisses me off

Crappy shovelware titles(not the good budget titles)....crap games that are usually only bought by either people who dont know its a crap title or the fact that it advertises something that its not...either way, they usually suck and head for the clearance bin faster than a hollywood star running to a rehab center. These are the games that little bobby gets for xmas only to be not playing momments later.

360 hardware issues...After three years, the system still is having serious problems...Cmon guys do a proper redesign

PS3 and its lack of a price drop/backwards compatibility taken completely out....Ill be nice and put this as one thing....one thing that is gonna really, really hurt is holdiay sales. Seriously the powers that market the system dont know what the hell they are doing.

Nintendo's Wii holiday lineup...third christmas and the linup was pretty weak...hopefully 2009 witll be a little better with some more A+ titles

PSP having only 4 new games for the holidays...cmon that is a weaksauce lineup

PSP 3000 hardware issues....way to screw up any remote chance of making a nice holdiay comeback

Nintendo's Casual game overload....I dont mind playing some casual games...but does every dam game need to be one in the library?

360's $50 a year to play online...after four years of paying, this is getting old. I know that it is the best service, but enough is enough.

Real Time Strategy on consoles...without a keyboard and mouse support....I can think of like 5 on the 360...they are average at best....can someone...send they developers a memo that this genre is not made for limited button layout on a console?
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    2.) Sega Haters. Show me one crappy Sega game after Genesis and I will show you 10 good ones! I could start a rant, but even thinking about Sega Haters gets me all riled up. I need to calm down for a second.
    1.) Shotty hardware
    MAO.... #1 is reason why sega sucks. and has sucked, and will suck.

and oh yeah, their games suck too.

my 10

10) licensing (nfl -> ea)
    9) DRM on pc
    8) proprietary everything (umd, xbox360's mem card)
    7) downloadable content (ie: nickel and diming us to death instead of releasing it initially or full blown expansion packs)
    6) dreamcast fanboys (for fucks sake it died 8 years ago and started dying a week before release, worse console for a company whos been going downhill for 8 years prior to its release!)
    5) supporting cast of sonic (as well as the degradation of sonic games past sonic & knuckles, although the sonic advance titles are freaking amazing)
    4) mega gaming companies buying up all they can see, death of indie developers (ea/bioware, activision/blizzard)
    3) games based on movies and vice versa
    2) hype
    1) (ties in to #2): how popular and mainstream gaming has become. take me to the late 80s/mid90s anyday.
    Last edited by Poofta!; 12-07-2008 at 02:03 AM.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Problems #1, 2, 3...through 10:

I really wish game companies, Sony (for Blu-Ray), cable providers (for HD stuff) etc. would stop treating me like a criminal. When I boot up my Xbox, my 40+ XBLA games should work, regardless of whether I'm signed into Live/signed up for their DRM switchamaroo thingy. When I jack my PS3 into my TV via component, I shouldn't be fucked and have to watch Blu-Ray in 720p or whatever it displays in. I shouldn't have to use HDMI 1.3a/b compliant, as their official name goes cables to carry my signals for HD copy protected content instead of "unprotected" DVI cables. My cable box has a shit ton of outputs, let me get creative and use a DVI --> HDMI cable (since it has no HDMI output) to broadcast my HD content, not shut me down with a blue screen notice that "the content cannot be displayed over the medium." That's horseshit.

I pay for all this shit, and it's honestly way better to just pirate it. When I buy a show off Amazon Video On Demand (a fairly often occurrence), I can play it on my computer and some other shit (Tivo? Don't have one. Not that helpful, guys). When I download it off mininova, I can play it wherever the fuck I want. Well guess what, assholes? That makes me want to torrent it, since I can actually DO WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT with the goddamn content.

Stop DRMing me out the ass and I'll be fine. There are other things that bother me, but this shit just needs to stop. And it will, especially when they drive legit consumers towards downloading and pirating products just so they can actually USE them instead of being restrained.

Also, give me SD slots on the 360, on every PS3 and allow me to use them to store Wii downloads and be able to play them off the card. And let me use my goddamn computer hard drives via USB on all these systems for game saves. $140 for 120 GB? Suck it, Microsoft.
    Last edited by unwinddesign; 12-08-2008 at 09:39 PM.