Thread: Looking For EGM Back Issues

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Looking For EGM Back Issues

About 8-9 months ago,I decided to start saving my issues of Electronic Gaming Monthly and I've recently decided to see how many back issues I can get. Today I received a package of 17 issues including all of 1998 and the first 5 issues of 1999 and I have assorted other issues. Thus, if anyone has any they would like to sell, let me know. I'm not sure how far back I'll be able to get but it'll be interesting. This is a project that could take awhile to complete.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I pretty much have every single issue of EGM and it's spinoffs x_x Except I might be missing one issue of EGP (Electronic Game Player). But it's just that I'm a magazine freak and always bought magazines when they came out.. and then never threw them away.

But yeah to answer your question, I'm not really in the market to sell (matter of fact I don't think I've ever sold a single thing in my life ). But I do see them come up on Ebay relatively often. So definitely check there

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I don't know what kind of condition your looking for, but I have ton of em. I won't have any in Mint condition, but I can tell you what I have and take pics for you. Give me a day or so to go thru them, and I will post what I got available. I'm pretty sure I have a duplicate in great condition of the 1994 biggest issue ever 496 pages or something. It has a review of AvP(jaguar) I think.

Are you just looking to buy or maybe trade some games or what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The big issue was #65 (Dec 1994) but no AvP review in this issue...oh well. I would buy them but am not beyond a trade, depending on what you're looking for, of course. I have nothing rare and don't have a list right now...well, I have a partial list at IGN. Let me know what you might want. I have just bid on 3 lots at eBay so we'll see how those turn out. The last of those auctions ends on the 25th. As far as quality, I'm not expecting mint but they should be at least holding together. I don't want a "loose-leaf" issue...

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok Rogmeister, I have no after work life, and I have just flipped thru my entire mag collection. I just wrote down the issue numbers, and general condition real quick, here is the list. They were in better overall condition than I expected!
    -Good condition, consider this average, but everything there, maybe a tear in the cover
    -Exc. This is pretty much an issue that was read once, with great corners, and no major problems at all.
    -Worn, this may have some torn pages, a loose binding and so on. Read many times.

The issues with Star Wars covers I consider worth more because they actually hold collector value in multiple markets. Even though I'm not looking for much for these period. There are some common 5200 games(loose) that I need, or I would take a good complete Jag game for the whole lot. Something like Syndicate or Theme Park. Depends on how many you need or want I guess. Anyway heres the list.
    ISSUE # Condition
    ---------------------
    28 Good
    62 Good
    65 Good
    89 Good
    96 Good
    97 Exc. (Star Wars cover)
    98 Good
    101 Good
    102 Good
    105 Good
    106 Good
    107 Good
    108 Exc.
    109 Exc.
    110 Good
    111 Worn
    112 Worn
    114 Good
    115 Exc.
    116 Exc.
    117 Exc.
    118 Exc. (Star Wars cover)
    119 Exc.
    120 Exc. (Sable WWF cover)
    122 Exc.
    137 Exc.
    139 Exc.
    142 Exc.
    143 Exc.
    145 Exc.
    146 Exc.
    147 Good
    149 Exc.
    150 Exc.
    151 Exc.
    152 Exc.
    153 Exc.
    154 Exc.
    155 Exc.
    159 Exc.
    160 Exc.
    163 Exc.
    164 Exc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Of the ones you listed, the issues I don't have yet are:

28, 62, 89, 96, 97, 98, 101, 119, 120, 122, 137, 139, 142, 143, 145, 147, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, and 159.

I don't have either of the two Jaguar games you mention...I have 22 counting two I have coming...maybe you could mention any others you'd want. I have a fair number of 5200 games...most are loose but I do have a few boxed ones. List what ones you're looking for and I'll let you know which of them I have.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You can view my Jaguar want list in this thread:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12750

I'm really into my Jag right now, so those are priority.
    As for 5200 games, I could use:

Robotron:2084
    Pitfall
    Pitfall II
    Megamania
    Kaboom
    Keystone Kapers
    Wizard of Wor
    Gorf
    Moon Patrol
    Vanguard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Of the Jaguar wants listed, I have the following:

Flashback
    Missile Command 3D
    Attack of the Mutant Penguins
    Ruiner Pinball
    Power Drive Rally
    NBA Jam
    Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure

All are boxed with instructions. Some of these I don't really want to let go that much but let me know which you'd take. The two I'd probably most want to keep would be the last two...I guess they're kind of listed in reverse preference...basically the order I'd most be willing to give them up. Since I should have something here you'd want, I didn't bother looking through my 5200 collection. I don't have any overlays for the keyboard in these packages and it's possible none of these games came with any.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rogmeister
    Of the Jaguar wants listed, I have the following:

Flashback
    Missile Command 3D
    Attack of the Mutant Penguins
    Ruiner Pinball
    Power Drive Rally
    NBA Jam
    Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure

All are boxed with instructions. Some of these I don't really want to let go that much but let me know which you'd take. The two I'd probably most want to keep would be the last two...I guess they're kind of listed in reverse preference...basically the order I'd most be willing to give them up. Since I should have something here you'd want, I didn't bother looking through my 5200 collection. I don't have any overlays for the keyboard in these packages and it's possible none of these games came with any.
    Aww heck man, like I said I'm not looking for much. I don't want to take games that you don't want to get rid of just for some magazines. But if you are willing to part with a Jag game, heck, I'll give you all the mags you want for Ruiner Pinball(the most common and cheapest of the bunch), and I'll pay shipping on the mags too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well,it's not like I have a death grip on most of those. I probably would have no problem letting any of the first 4 go. So you may take your choice of any of those. If y ou still want Ruiner, that would be fine. E-mail me your address and I'd get it out in the mail tomorrow.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If your trying to get a complete collection of EGM, you may want to find the special collectors posters that came with issues 98, 99, and 100. The three posters combined as one big one that contained thumbnails of the covers, of the first 100 issues of EGM. Complete, the posters ended up measuring about 5' x 2'. Each thumbnail included a mini paragraph depicting what was important about that particular issue of EGM. I had the thing, but threw it away when I moved out on my own, wish I would have kept it, it was really cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do recall those. I was cleaning out my closet and came across #100 but without that poster. It had their own list of the Top 100 Games of All Time...I also found the issue of Next-Generation with their similar list, done about a year before EGM's...good thing they decided not to wait until their 100th issue to do that...they never would've made it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just thought I'd post this final message to this thread to report that Gunstarhero and I have now completed our exchange and we're both very happy with the trade. Another DP success story!

Speaking of the Jaguar, though, I also have now received two more games for it so, while trading one off cut my collection from 20 to 19, this gets me back up to 21. The ones I just got are Cannon Fodder and Val d'Isere Skiing & Snowboarding.