Thread: Guilty Gear 2 Overture: Anyone played this? Need Suggestions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Guilty Gear 2 Overture: Anyone played this? Need Suggestions.

Has anyone played Guilty Gear 2 Overture for the 360. I was watching this game for awhile then heard nothing about it. Now I noticed yesterday, that it was released 2 months ago! I can't find it in any stores. Has it even really been released yet? I cant even find a seller on ebay selling the game with a real picture of the game.

If anyone can confirm if this game has been released, and tell me if it's good, it would be a big help.

Maybe it's just rare already. I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just saw this at Best Buy a few days ago. Had no idea a new Guilty Gear game was coming to the Xbox. I thought about buying it but I read some reviews when I got home and it didn't look too good. I don't think it's even a 1-on-1 fighter. Sounds more like a Dynasty Warriors hack and slash style game.

I'll probably pick it up when it hits $20. No way at $60 though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The official website says that you can't play it like Dynasy Warriors or you'll die. So I am guessing it is like Dynasty Warriors, but more strategy involved. I just found a few on ebay for $35.00 BIN. I am going to sleep on it. I have a feeling that the price isn't going to go down much further that that, if at all.

Strawberry (Level 2) emceelokey's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This game is out and I have played it through gamefly rental and I must say it's bad. Everything you loved about Guilty Gear is gone here. First off, it's not a fighting game anymore. I knew that before hand so I wasn't suprised by that but some might be but if you loved the classic 2d fighting game play about the GG series, that is now out of the window. If you loave the crisp 2d visuals of the GG series you will surely be dissapointed by the PS2 quality 3d that is now in place. The music is still good though. The gameplay is pretty much Dynasty Warriors but not good. I couldn't even get through the training mode because it was so horrible and there was actually one mission that where you just basically race to the finish line before the time runs out but the controls are so not good. I just remember crashing (you're on foot) into the walls so many times and there would be a message about not running into walls. It was horrible. Plus for the 8 misisons or so that I completed, there was probably about 30 minutes of crappy dialogue. Not worth it. Rent it if you're a fan and you want to check it out but I wouldn't recommend buying it for anything over $15. Wait another 3 months and it will be there.

Insert Coin (Level 0) We Are Ninja's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Wearen1nja
    PSN
    Weareninja

^ Truth. Guilty Gear Overture is nothing like it's predecessors. It's Dynasty Warriors with subtle hints of RTS gameplay. According to the developers, this is the game they wanted Guilty Gear to be in the first place, but do to limited money and resources, they had to settle for a 2D fighter... o.O

I'll be picking up Overture once it hits the bargain bins; it isn't selling well form what I hear.