Thread: Aptos Adventures DX

Insert Coin (Level 0) NickmasterX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Aptos Adventures DX

This probably isn't the correct board to post this but it has to do with classic gaming since it is a 2d oldschool rpg. This is my game Aptos Adventures DX.

History: I started working on this game way, way back in 2001. I had a bunch of projects and wanted to actually finish one. Since then I have worked on it on and off when I had time. In 2003 I switched to Rpg maker 2003. in 2006 I finished it, but there were bugs and the sidequests weren't finished.
    Now it's 2008 and I can't believe I've been working on this thing so long. I don't think it's the best game ever made (that's AA2 :naughty but if you like games that don't take themselves too seriously then I think you'll like it. There aren't too many funny games out there anymore so I wanted to make a game that could be funny but still have good gameplay.

Story: The story is somewhat based on my life. Most of the characters were my friends from high school and it takes place in a fictionalized Aptos, California located in the greater Santa Cruz Archipelago. The year is 20XX, (okay, like 2003 if we're going by which of my classes are in the game :gwa
    Nick is an ordinary high school student about to start his first day of a new semester. Meanwhile his family is kidnapped by a vengeful teacher. What begins as a quest to rescue them unfolds into an EPIC BATTLE TO SAVE THE WORLD. Yeah, it's cliche, but what do you expect, I was like 16 when I started making this.
    Aptos Adventures 2 will have a way better story, instead it's an EPIC BATTLE TO SAVE THE UNIVERSE.

Characters:
    Playable
    --------------
    Nick- My alter ego and main character. Weapon: Giant Pencil. special: pencil attacks
    Cooper- Nick's twin brother. He's 10 minutes older than Nick. Does that mean in 10 Minutes Nick will gain his knowledge? Nick and Coop can team up for specials
    Brett- Friend of Nick and Coop. Searching for his lost brother riley.
    Ethan-Friend of Nick and Coop. Searching for the lost kingdom of Jewjinia. (I'm being anti-antisemitic, not antisemitic, there's a difference)
    Riley- Brett's long lost brother. Last scene in the Snowfalls region....
    Tobin-A mysterious alien whose world has been enslaved by Welshbon and Goobindos. Not much is known about him other than he's a good guy
    Satchel- Nick and Cooper's family dog. (Hidden character)

Non-playable
    ---------------
    Good
    ----------
    Crazy Nerd- Offers advice and items. Seems to know it's only a game...
    Alex- Nerdy kid that sells items since there aren't too many towns. Think Toad in Mario RPG
    Question Mark Guys- A mysterious race who speak like yoda. They wear black bodysuits to hide their true form. Friends of Tobin.
    ------
    Evil
    -----
    Cody- A slovenly creature, Cody's dungeon is not a place you want to enter...
    Goobindos- Not much is known about Goobindos or his race. They seem to snort alot and like pink. Enslaved Tobin's world
    Welshbon-Cooper's 10th grade physics teacher. Lives only to make his students fail. He takes revenge on cooper and captures him and his family

Game Features:
    -Voice acting for cutscenes. Optional as it takes up alot of MB
    -Action Battles, action minigames where you have to take down a boss or solve a puzzle
    -8 chapters, the game is about 10 hours long, short but sweet. I hate games that have filler
    -Newgame+

Features in DX Edition:
    -bug-free (is that a feature? :shh
    -More voice acting
    -more cutscenes
    -more story
    -fleshed out sidequests
    -alternate ending to unlock from newgame+
    -Ultimate weapons to be found
    -attacks for Tobin, Satchel, and Riley since they didn't have them before
    -Better graphics in some places, I replaced the horribly drawn Brett Puppet with the better one from AA2
    -and MUCH more!

Screenshots:

Can you reach this screen???? It's a secret!

Estimated Completion: 100%

DOWNLOAD:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?xvpmfyttz4x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I assume it's a GBA title?

Good work, will def take a look!
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI