Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post
    No, I don't even think you need the 3000 to utilize the tv/out and DS3 control options for it.

If you've wasted that much money on 5 PSP's, I've got 5 bucks here that says you'll be buying everyone they ever put out. lol
    Nah, I sold my PSP and bought a 3000 so I could play Resistance- I didn't have a PSP at the time.

I am fortunate enough that I didn't lose much selling the PSPs, the only one I took at hit on was the first one, but that was a stupid purchase in the first place.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post
    No, I don't even think you need the 3000 to utilize the tv/out and DS3 control options for it.

If you've wasted that much money on 5 PSP's, I've got 5 bucks here that says you'll be buying everyone they ever put out. lol
    I'll take that bet. Means he has to buy the Crisis Core PSP, Dissidia PSP, Gundam vs Gundam PSP, etc.

You can owe me.

I own three PSP systems. My original phat(UMD drive stopped working,) a mint green, and a white Vader. I'm glad I ended up picking up the slims because they're better in every way. The control on the phat for some reason you had to press hard down when doing down right, also the X button while didn't break, was lower than the other buttons and it felt like you weren't really pressing on it. After using the phat sometime afterward getting the slims, I don't know why I didn't get a slim sooner as the smaller size and still good design makes them far better(if the phat never died I never would have picked up either slim.)
    Last edited by kupomogli; 05-03-2009 at 10:23 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    bow to postulio
    PSN
    MofoicDisaster

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Here is a good substitute for UMDs.

Everyone knows how Sony loves their proprietary source of media and I think a UMD only holds 1.7GB. Well, Sony could still keep their proprietary source, we larger sizes for games, and load times would be cartridge like.

Memory Stick Pro Duo anyone?

From all the rumors, Sony is going to include a 16GB harddrive. There could also be the Memory Stick Pro Duo drive which could be a combo drive(such as DVD/DVD-R drives on PC's.) When inserting a PSP2 game, the system could recognize it as the game format, while inserting a normal Memory Stick Pro Duo, it recognizes it as a memory format. One slot for the games and one for the memory stick or even two slots that are combo would also be cool.

So what do you guys think. We still will actually get physical copies paired in addition to low load times. I think this is the way Sony should go if they remove UMD.
    honestly i couldnt understand half of that... are you proposing a dvd drive on the psp? either way you are missing the point. all optical media = bad for portable. moving parts = bad. there will be nothing of the sort in whatever sony puts out next. it is a drain on the battery, expensive to make and makes the thing much heavier and more fragile; all things you DO NOT want in a portable. also, it will not be a HARD DRIVE, but a Solid State Disk (similar to a flash drive).

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords View Post
    Here's a question. I run a PSP-1000 and I have around 25 or so UMD based games. If I get a PSP-4000 and it doesn't have a UMD drive...how the hell am I going to play all the games I have on it? Are they gonna offer a conversion thing where you DL the UMD games from PSP to PSP with a cable or something? Or are us physical media people just screwed?
    yes this is most likely what will happen, you will be able to rip your UMDs from a ps3 or pc through your current psp, officially. you can already do that unnoffically if you have a custom firmware psp. i dump any UMD i want to play to my memory card right on the psp (without even hooking it up to anything, rips the entire game to my 16gb mem card).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Not a prayer of that happening, you could just share games or rent PSP games and rip them. It doesn't make a shred of sense beyond being wishful thinking (Though I hope I'm wrong and usually am when I say such things ).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poofta! View Post
    yes this is most likely what will happen, you will be able to rip your UMDs from a ps3 or pc through your current psp, officially. you can already do that unnoffically if you have a custom firmware psp. i dump any UMD i want to play to my memory card right on the psp (without even hooking it up to anything, rips the entire game to my 16gb mem card).
    I really don't think that will happen. A PSP-USB cable would open up a huge can of worms and Sony will never allow for it.

Anyway, more possible evidence of a new digital content only PSP has arisen from a Joystiq article. Capcom have announced they will be releasing between 20 and 40 PSone/PSP titles on the PlayStation Network over the coming months. They'll even allow you to vote on what games you want to see over on Capcom Unity.

Capcom are obviously readying themselves for a massive PSP software presence on PSN. The company seems to have happily taken to Live/PSN for Xbox and PS3 games so it's understandable they're readying themselves to be at the forefront of downloadable content for the new PSP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poofta! View Post
    honestly i couldnt understand half of that... are you proposing a dvd drive on the psp? either way you are missing the point. all optical media = bad for portable. moving parts = bad. there will be nothing of the sort in whatever sony puts out next. it is a drain on the battery, expensive to make and makes the thing much heavier and more fragile; all things you DO NOT want in a portable. also, it will not be a HARD DRIVE, but a Solid State Disk (similar to a flash drive).
    No. I was saying turning the Sony proprietary cartridge type format, the Memory Stick Pro Duo, as the games media format. I was only saying that like a DVD/DVD-R combo player on a CD, the slot that uses the Memory Stick Pro Duo could load both the game format and it could also load as a form of memory, depending on which stick you put in. So having the ability to switch cards to play a game or use it as a multimedia device with mp3s, avi, mpeg, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the memory stick pro duo for games is an awesome idea. Unfortunately, I don't think it will happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Here's an example, though I did leave out the obvious and important things. Name of the game, logo(Square Enix,) and instead of Sony there'd be some sortof Playstation symbol. But what if they opted not to have the name of the game on the card because the box already has the name of the game and put a picture on each card that represents the game?

Another thing is that 2GB and 4GB cards can be bought for nothing now days, so developers could create the game and then if it won't fit on a specific size card, then move up to the next, or maybe they could say 4GB would be there limit and go for that goal.

Last edited by kupomogli; 05-04-2009 at 08:27 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For those of you who absolutely love the PSP and play it all the time, how many UMD games have you *bought* new at the standard pricing between $30 and $40?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

like 3 maybe. The rest I all got used or on sales.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I've bought four imports at the price of 60 each, more than the standard 30/40. Gundam Battle Royale, Gundam Battle Chronicles, Gundam Battle Universe, and Macross Ace Frontier.

Games I bought at release that were 39.99. Prinny Can I Really Be the Hero, Crisis Core, Midnight Club LA Remix, Tales of the World Radiant Mythology, Brave Story, Wild ARMs XF, Star Ocean First Departure, Star Ocean and Second Evolution.

Games I bought at release that were 29.99. Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, Dracula X Chronicles, Mega Man Powered Up, Wipeout Pulse, Jeanne D Arc, and Silent Hill Origins.

I may have picked up others at 29.99 or 39.99 but those are the ones I picked up at release. There were alot of games I didn't pick up because I wanted price to drop because I had others or because those were ones I didn't want to pay full price for. There were also others that I really didn't think of picking up at the time or that I didn't know were as good as they are.

Games like Driver 76, Gurumin, Riviera, Yggdra Union, God of War, Street Fighter Alpha 3, GTALCS, GTAVCS, Power Stone Collection, Valkyrie Profile and Field Commander are just a few of those that I picked up after release(though other than VP that was 39.99, and SFA3 for 9.99, not sure what everything else was.) If a friend of mine never told me about Gurumin I would have missed out on one of the best PSP(although PC port) titles out there. Same friend also told me about Field Command which is pretty awesome too(sure it's a ripoff of Advance Wars but it does it just as good.)
    Last edited by kupomogli; 05-04-2009 at 08:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

wtf? *disregard.* Somehow editing the post added a reply.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 05-04-2009 at 08:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if you count imports then probably like 6 for me. I bought the PC Engine Best collection games (3).

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In the interest of fairness, i own something like 25 PSP games, probably 15 of them were bought at full price.

The point i was trying to make was that people think games on the PSP are great until they see the $40 price tag, then they just pirate the hell out of them. Then go on message boards and complain when people bash the PSP...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I haven't really seen people who pirate PSP games try and defend the system. It always seems to me they bash Sony because the newest updated firmware will end up getting hacked by Dark Alex or team Noobz or "insert other random person here" and that they don't pay for their games.

Either that, or other people bashing the PSP because it doesn't have as many games as the DS. They end up using the excuse that they pirate the games only because it's a dead system. All the games coming out lately shows the system is anything but dead yet they'll probably use the same excuse.

I altogether own 42 or 43 PSP games though(ones that I bought at release were listed above.) I'm only at 30+ games for my DS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    For those of you who absolutely love the PSP and play it all the time, how many UMD games have you *bought* new at the standard pricing between $30 and $40?
    I'd say about 30 of the 40 or so I've bought were purchased at full retail price. I've kept about 25 of those 40 titles. I WILL buy more UMD based media at full retail. I will not however buy digital-only media at full retail...ever.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Patapon 2 released as a PSN exclusive for $19.99.

C'mon Sony, I really think that the cat has been let out of the bag. Just hurry up and announce this new PSP and show us some pictures of the new form factor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

I dont think, even with a psp2, that sony could easily dethrone the DS. It would have to be one hell of a special system for that to happen.
    DERP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

They have a pretty healthy chunk of the pie with 50 million PSP's sold, so I doubt they're interested in doing anything more than continuing to grow that number. Regardless of how many DS's there are, the PSP has been nothing but a success in terms of its install base. The closest anyone before this ever got to Nintendo before was about 10 million Game Gears, so I'm sure Sony views this as a success.

As for how much I've paid for PSP games, I've never spent more than $20 on one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The PSP Go looks like crap. Supposedly this was in the most recent Qore video.