Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Club Nintendo Update! Good News!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    What's up with the creepy looking mutated kangaroo?
    I can't actually tell if you're being serious.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I never saw it until a brief glimpse of it during the Nintendo Direct the other day, so no, I'm being serious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That's Mewtwo – basically the final challenge in the first generation of Pokemon games, the principal antagonist of the first Pokemon movie, and available as a fighter starting in Smash Bros. Melee. For some reason he is DLC in the latest version of Smash.
    Last edited by Jorpho; 04-05-2015 at 09:16 AM.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

There is onl one reason. Addams Family Gomez said it best -- GREED!

Nintendo swore they wouldnt get in on the whole exploitation cash in aspect of DLC, and that didnt last long.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Talking Quite the Bounty

I've added them all up, and here is what I got from Club Nintendo over the years 2010 - 2015. (Note that listings with just "(Club Nintendo)" at the end are ones I redeemed in exchange for club coins.)

Super Mario Bros. NES Retro T-shirt (X-Large) (Club Nintendo)
    Kid Icarus AR card pack (Club Nintendo)
    Nintendo 3DS Game Case 18 (Animal Crossing) (Club Nintendo)
    Star Fox 64 (Club Nintendo)
    Super Mario Bros. 2 (JP) (A.K.A. The Lost Levels) (Club Nintendo)
    Grill-Off with Ultra Hand (Club Nintendo)
    Art Style: PiCTOBiTS (Club Nintendo)
    Trajectile (Missle Reflect) (Club Nintendo)
    Mario's Picross (Club Nintendo)
    HarmoKnight (Club Nintendo)
    Flipnote Studio 3D (early access) (Club Nintendo)
    Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U official soundtrack (Club Nintendo)
    Legend of Zelda, The: Ocarina of Time 3D official soundtrack (Club Nintendo)

Nintendo 2012/2013 desktop calendar (2012 Gold Elite Status reward) (Club Nintendo)
    Super Smash Bros. (2013 Gold Elite Status reward) (Club Nintendo)
    Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move (2014 Platinum Elite Status reward) (Club Nintendo)
    Mysterious Murasame Castle, The (2015 Gold Elite Status reward) (Club Nintendo)

Mewtwo Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U character DLCs
    Super Mario Bros. bonus postcards (included as nice freebies with the physical mailings, one per mailing - I believe I got the Luigi and Peach postcards.)
    Advanced access demos with unlimited plays of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
    Advanced access demos with unlimited plays of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for Nintendo 3DS

That feels like quite the bounty of things when you see them all in one place!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I never went much into the downloads. I wanted real stuff. From memory I got(still have) the Ball Game & Watch, did have both DS G&W game packages, the red/gray reverseable mario pouch, the limited luigis mansion 2 statue, and then there were the elite prizes every year (hat, cards, buttons, mario crew trophy (which I also kept.)) Then there were this/last years elite digital download junk, then I got an added download to clean out remaining coins with punchout nes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    I think that's supposed to mean "will be available starting between April 1 and April 30, 2015". Because it definitely says May 15, to be clear.

Whoops, the date has now changed to April 30. Geez.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Why would they delay releasing a simple character model of a mutated kangaroo with breasts, for?

Is Club Nintendo still being hammered and they want to let that die down before making this award available?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I mean the "Redeem Elite Status Gift" date has changed to April 30. There's no official date at this time for Mewtwo, though they did release a trailer recently.

Why would they delay releasing a simple character model of a mutated kangaroo with breasts, for?
    To be clear, the developers apparently put a lot of effort into making sure all the characters are relatively balanced.

And you seem to lack familiarity with Pokemon designs. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

See also The 25 Worst Pokemon of All Time.
    Last edited by Jorpho; 04-14-2015 at 09:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That last description was more to just have some fun with you, since you seemed so surprised at how I first described it.

I'm afraid that other than 5 minutes once back in 2000 or so with Pokemon Snap, I have zero familiarity with this franchise. I know that it's huge and pretty much single handily revived the ailing Game Boy nearly 20 years ago, and that it has been behind much of their handheld success since then while also spawning a popular Japanese cartoon series.

But that pretty much sums up everything I know about it. Other than that yellow one that seems to be the star of the whole deal, you couldn't of shown me another one (Is it correct to call each individual character from this franchise, a pokemon? Or is that just the franchise name?) and expect me to tell you that it's one of these things, until our purple kangaroo showed up and I asked about it. Don't think I'll be forgetting about that one...

So balancing issues seem to be the hold up? I don't know much more about the fighting game genre, but I know enough to know that's a key detail.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 04-15-2015 at 12:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Is it correct to call each individual character from this franchise, a pokemon?
    I'm pretty sure that's correct, yes.

So balancing issues seem to be the hold up? I don't know much more about the fighting game genre, but I know enough to know that's a key detail.
    I would think all the details of the character were finished a while ago, but I have no doubt there are several dozen competing theories flying wildly about regarding the particular reasoning behind this release schedule. To be clear, they're giving the DLC away to anyone who registered both the 3DS and the Wii U versions of Smash Bros on the same account (and letting other people pay to download it a little later); maybe they were just waiting to see how many people would take the bait.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Surprised to see activity in this thread and then see that it isn't about the Plat/Gold rewards announced. Well, they are:

Gold Status (Earned 300 Coins):

Wii U Games

Advance Wars (Wii U - VC)
    Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (Wii U - VC)
    Metroid Fusion (Wii U - VC)
    Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (Wii U – VC)
    Super Mario Kart (Wii U – VC)
    The Legend of Zelda (Wii U – VC)
    WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames! (Wii U – VC)
    Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 (Wii U – VC)

Nintendo 3DS Games

Crashmo (Nintendo 3DS – Digital Download)
    Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive! (Nintendo 3DS – Digital Download)
    Pushmo (Nintendo 3DS – Digital Download)
    Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo 3DS – VC)
    Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (Nintendo 3DS – VC)
    The Mysterious Murasame Castle (Nintendo 3DS – VC)
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (Nintendo 3DS – VC)
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Nintendo 3DS – VC)

Platinum Status (Earned 600 Coins):

Wii U Games

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U – Digital Download)
    NES Remix 2 (Wii U – Digital Download)
    Punch-Out!! (Wii U – VC)
    Pushmo World (Wii U – Digital Download)
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii U – VC)

Nintendo 3DS Games

Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo 3DS – Digital Download)
    Mario Golf World Tour (Nintendo 3DS – Digital Download)
    Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo 3DS – Digital Download)
    Mario Party: Island Tour (Nintendo 3DS – Digital Download)
    New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo 3DS – Digital Download)
    Ultimate NES Remix (Nintendo 3DS – Digital Download)
    Yoshi's New Island (Nintendo 3DS – Digital Download)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I suspect I speak for most of us, that we've already redeemed for our reward.

I took the Yoshi's Island GBA reward for the Wii U Virtual Console.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I suspect I speak for most of us, that we've already redeemed for our reward.

I took the Yoshi's Island GBA reward for the Wii U Virtual Console.
    Holy crap. Am I ever behind the times. I thought that it was just announced today. I guess we were out of town on spring break when they were announced, and I totally missed it. Erm... sorry bout that.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Cornelius, thanks for contributing, but back on Page 24 I already listed the final coin rewards and the final elite status rewards. I guess you are behind the times.

What are your picks for your final Club Nintendo rewards?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Holy crap. Am I ever behind the times. I thought that it was just announced today. I guess we were out of town on spring break when they were announced, and I totally missed it.
    For some reason Nintendo only decided to E-mail everyone about it yesterday, which is how I became aware of this date switch.

I thought about trying to sell my Platinum rewards off (as I have access to two), but that's more trouble than it's worth. I'll go for Animal Crossing and Yoshi's New Island. I've never been particularly interested in Animal Crossing, but a lot of people seem to like it; unfortunately, no one seems at all fond of Yoshi's New Island. I hear Mario Party is pretty terrible even if you have friends to play with.

The Posters have now completely disappeared from the rewards. Time to spring for a case and a messenger bag.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I went for Mario shirt and desktop calendar.
    I feel like everyone will have the bag plus at 1140 coins it got the most spent. I was considering the 3ds case but I imagine it'll be pretty cheap on ebay or the sort once they ship so i'll grab a cheap one.

I was hoping they would have done something like the hanafuda cards or a soundtrack again. those are, hands down, the coolest and most valuable (personally and monetarily) club Nintendo things I have ever gotten.

almost forgot, got SMB2(J) for wii u as gold reward. I was considering buying it for both FDS and Wii but I couldn't justify the cost while on a virtual console so I was thankful for that. I only got gold, was 20 away from plat and it wouldn't let me add one of my codes before the while thing stopped. was peeved
    Last edited by Niku-Sama; 04-15-2015 at 03:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

According to IGN, the purple kangaroo codes are now being emailed out.

Sadly for some, Nintendo doesn't want Club Nintendo to be hammered again, so they're staggering out these emails over the course of the next 24 hours.

Just out of curiosity since I've obviously never given this franchise any thought nor am I fighting game fan, is this actually exclusive to Club Nintendo users that registered both copies of Super Smash Brothers? Or will there be an avenue for others to purchase it down the road?
    Last edited by Leo_A; 04-15-2015 at 06:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Acht, silly me! The case is 400 and not 300. Guess I won't be getting that after all. I'm not a big fan of cases anyway; they're a good way to lose all your games at once. Plus I have a cheap one already that I picked up from dx.com.

Seems to me there are much better unofficial T-shirt designs out there.

What shall I do with 300 coins?

Just out of curiosity since I've obviously never given this franchise any thought nor am I fighting game fan, is this actually exclusive to Club Nintendo users that registered both copies of Super Smash Brothers? Or will there be an avenue for others to purchase it down the road?
    It will be purchasable. Looks like they've got a date out after all, and it won't even be very long from now:
    http://www.smashbros.com/us/dlc/

Some older thoughts on DLC here:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...per-smash-bros
    Last edited by Jorpho; 04-15-2015 at 07:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nz17 View Post
    Cornelius, thanks for contributing, but back on Page 24 I already listed the final coin rewards and the final elite status rewards. I guess you are behind the times.

What are your picks for your final Club Nintendo rewards?
    I selected the 3ds pouch Feb 3rd, still hasn't shipped. Then because of a Target sale on some great 3ds games I got enough more coins to get the messenger bag on March 31 and got it a few days ago. I ordered it just before I saw pictures of the real thing, what a disappointment. Oh well. I had gotten the game case some time ago.

As for Gold/Plat reward, I think I've narrowed it down to DKC:TF, one of the NES remixes, or Mario Golf. Golf seems the least likely for me to buy physically, so maybe I should go with it, but I'm hesitant because the best part of the golf games I've played in the past is multi-player with friends. I'll be thinking on it.