Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default NES Happy Camper CIB = Pre-Order

From over at NA.
    http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/mes...threadid=14729

Trying to start this year off with a bang! I know some of you have been asking about when the Happy Camper pre-order was going to take place and I can finally say I am ready to go. I didn't want to do the pre-order to early and tie up everyone's money for a long time. Right now the release of the game is slated for Feb 1, so long as all the print doesn't delay it any (shouldn't be long if it at all). BUT, I need everyone's help to make this game possible. I need to pre-order at LEAST 60 copies to make this game doable from a financial standpoint. It takes a lot of capital to release CIB games and I just can't afford to do it all on my own, so I am asking for everyone's help to band together to make this possible.

The game is going to be $55 shipped anywhere in the US via priority mail w/ DC# for tracking. Canada is $57 shipped, and the rest of the world is $62 shipped. Here is what you will be getting for your $$$$:

The previously unreleased Happy Camper cart
    A black dust sleeve
    The original artwork designed box (Tusky's best box to date IMO)
    A 16 page manual
    A stryo insert
    A packed in woodland creature (similar to Monster in my Pocket)
    A box protector
    Maybe a random insert or 2 and it will be all packaged together similarly to how Ditka was, so if you liked Ditka you will love this!

Plus as a little incentive to pre-order, there will be a special pre-order item that will be included ONLY in the pre-ordered copies. You won't be able to get this if you don't pre-order! Also as a bonus for pre-ordering, you get to pick the # you want.

The total print run for HC will be 250 max (the minimum for boxes and manuals) but I am just having 110 printed at first like I did with Ditka. If you pre-order you can pick from #11-110, the first 10 are the Special Edition versions for the people who helped make this possible. You can only pick your # once payment has been sent, and #'s will not be held.

I hope to send everything to print come Friday, so the plan is to end the pre-order Thrusday night (1-8-09). Glad to answer any questions or comments. If you are ready to pre-order please send PayPal payments to NationalGameDepot@gmail.com & include which # you want in your payment. If no # is picked, then I will just assign the first available # starting at 110 and working back towards 1. I will update the list as payments are received. Thanks a bunch
    ~~NGD

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please make sure to check the link above for picking your #. We are already in the mid 70's right now and that is the only list I am keeping up to date cause there is no way I can keep track of the list on more than one forum Thanks so much for the orders so far.
    ~~NGD

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When you say Ditka, are you refering to Mike Ditka football for the NES? What is so special about Mike Ditka for the NES?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It was also an unreleased game that was released on the NES earlier last year....
    ~~NGD

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nationgamesdepot View Post
    It was also an unreleased game that was released on the NES earlier last year....
    ~~NGD
    Is the Ditka football game any good? Does it play anything like the Genesis or PC versions? Thanks.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is why i stopped collecting for the nes.

It used to be a fun little hobby,collecting and playing old videogames.
    Walking on flea markets and buying them for a few bucks and when a unreleased game was discoverd it got dumped on the net for all nes fans to enjoy.

Today everybody sells on ebay and wants the highest price for there items,the flea markets are dead.
    And rare games are sold for hughe /not fun hobby prices.(thanks to some nintendo collector sites)

And today a new method of destroying the hobby is here.
    The limited numbered released unreleased nes game.

Im sorry,but why must this be limited?? Just make a lot of repro carts and sell to all nes fans that are interrested and dump the rom.

Glad i stopped collecting nes a long time ago.

If i was still collecting i wouldn't buy this anyway,a copy is going to be sold to a repro site so i would buy a repro later for $25 or play the rom on a powerpak.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pcc08 View Post
    Is the Ditka football game any good? Does it play anything like the Genesis or PC versions? Thanks.

It plays like the Famicom game Quarterback Scramble.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

That's the thing...if I want a particular number, like 101, I want to be guaranteed that I will have that number before sending payment. Otherwise some may be bothered if they want a particular number.

I would suggest that if a person wants a particular number, they have X limited time to send payment before it is available for someone else.

I personally would like 101, but I am not sure...
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!