Thread: What "last gen" stuff do you see the most often at thrifts?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What "last gen" stuff do you see the most often at thrifts?

The PS2 is still going strong, but for the Gamecube, Xbox, and GBA, it's been over for a while, and it should come as no surprise to many of us that stuff for all of the above systems pop up at the thrifts more often. Here's what I tend to see the most:

-Xbox games: Half to 3/4ths are sports, but a decent selection of non-sports stuff as well. Most of the games are not backwards compatible with the 360. Much like with the Genesis, it's become rare when you don't see at least one thing for the Xbox in a thrift.
    -Gamecube systems: Some bundled with controllers, but most usually with only their hookups, or bare. The consoles I tend to see the most in thrifts are first-model PlayStations and model 2 Genesis units, and I have a feeling that the Gamecube won't be too far behind in a few years. I do see games every now and then, mostly sports.
    -PS2 games: Again, mostly sports (go ahead and spend the next few moments being "not surprised"), but non-sports stuff does pop up a little more often than I'd expect. Then there's the occasional stack of sealed sports games that nobody wanted to pay $10 for at Target, and nobody will pay $10 for them at Goodwill, either.
    -Strategy guides/codebooks/etc: A common sight after the PS1/N64 era came to a close, and still mainstays to this day.

So, what do you come across on a regular basis?
    Last edited by DigitalSpace; 01-10-2009 at 11:48 PM.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.