Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gonna buy GH4 or RB2...wanna play the drums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

The irony is the Tool songs, whilst awesome, really got under my skin. Hitting the player with massive strobe lights whilst playing effectively a pattern-matching game? Yes, thanks for that...

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Xplosive18

Quote Originally Posted by Nebagram View Post
    The irony is the Tool songs, whilst awesome, really got under my skin. Hitting the player with massive strobe lights whilst playing effectively a pattern-matching game? Yes, thanks for that...
    Thats true, that damn eye that stares you down in the backround the entire time is pretty distracting as well. The worse is when you make a set list with a Tool song in it and you have to play the whole set list with the Tool backround. Although its kind of funny when you play a song that doesn't go with it what so ever like Steve Miller Band or something.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Azathoth1488
    PSN
    Azathoth_IKA
    3DS Friend
    4313-0753-9074

My apologies for bumping an old thread.

I've currently became interested in this series of games and will probably invest in a drum set soon. I've currently got a guitar and since both mics are wired I don't really see a big difference in them.

I already own GHWT (disk only) but will probably purchase RB2 in the near future. DLC is a moot point since I don't have DSL, but I still need some help on a purchase decision.

Since both drum sets are cross-compatible on the 360, exactly how does each respective game work in the opposite series drumset?

In other words, what happens whenever you play GHWT with the RB set (where it has an extra tom but no cymbals)?

How about RB where the GHWT set is missing a tom? Is it still possible to have a cohesive playing experience by playing a game with the opposite series' drums?

And please, no laughing, but has anyone tried using Rock Revolution's set on either game? I've read that the RR game itself is a whole lot different to RB or GH, but how does that odd looking set play?

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Az View Post
    My apologies for bumping an old thread.
    No apologies necessary, good sir. We live to serve.

I've currently became interested in this series of games and will probably invest in a drum set soon. I've currently got a guitar and since both mics are wired I don't really see a big difference in them.

I already own GHWT (disk only) but will probably purchase RB2 in the near future. DLC is a moot point since I don't have DSL, but I still need some help on a purchase decision.
    Since both drum sets are cross-compatible on the 360, exactly how does each respective game work in the opposite series drumset?

In other words, what happens whenever you play GHWT with the RB set (where it has an extra tom but no cymbals)?

How about RB where the GHWT set is missing a tom? Is it still possible to have a cohesive playing experience by playing a game with the opposite series' drums?
    The Rock Band 2 drum tracks play pretty much the same using the Guitar Hero drums. You just ignore the orange cymbal(the Guitar Hero drums aren't really 'missing a tom': they add an orange cymbal and move the yellow pad to another cymbal). Since Rock Band typically uses the yellow pad for hi-hat tracking anyway, and the Guitar Hero WT has the 'yellow' tracking assigned to a 'cymbal', your experience won't change significantly using Guitar Hero drums on Rock Band.

If you're using the Rock Band drums on Guitar Hero, my understanding is that Guitar Hero just drops the orange cymbal tracking and assigns it to the green pad, like in the Rock Band game itself.

And please, no laughing, but has anyone tried using Rock Revolution's set on either game? I've read that the RR game itself is a whole lot different to RB or GH, but how does that odd looking set play?
    I have no idea.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by Az View Post
    I've been meaning to give it a shot since I picked it up a couple weeks ago for $30. I'll have to get back with you once my RB2 ION set releases it's iron grip on my drumming space.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.