Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much is a yellow Legend of Zelda test cartridge worth?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crom View Post
    i dont know about that, i can get clear green yellow red anything colors off vendors from the web...

http://www.retrousb.com

spray paint it yellow too...
    Ah, no. Those clear carts would look like absolute shit if you painted them, and they wouldn't fool a retarded kid. Also, you didn't address the sticker on the back either.

In order to have the correct color and proper looking back label, it take a lot more than spray painting some crappy cart. If you've ever seen one in person, you'd know it wouldn't be that easy to reproduce, nor would it be cost effective.

So are you asking because you're afraid of getting fooled by some POS spay painted cart? Are you hoping to reproduce one yourself? Or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing? Whatever the reason, I don't see the rationing behind it.

To answer initial question again: Yellow cart, sticker with no stamp.

*Edited a typo

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    CROM JR

i was only asking because i would like to own one, but am worried that it might be fake...

it be cool if it had some sort of etching or letter put into the cart itself...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crom View Post
    i was only asking because i would like to own one, but am worried that it might be fake...

it be cool if it had some sort of etching or letter put into the cart itself...
    I don't know how many times it could be said, but if the back has a sticker without a stamp, it is legit. So essentially, it has the exact opposite of what your are suggesting. Either way, it cannot be faked easily for that reason.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why would that be remotely hard to reproduce? I'm pretty sure anyone working in manufacturing could reproduce these en mass without any difficulty at all.

It's not like the ancient art of plastic molding and sticker printing have been lost to the ages...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    Why would that be remotely hard to reproduce? I'm pretty sure anyone working in manufacturing could reproduce these en mass without any difficulty at all.

It's not like the ancient art of plastic molding and sticker printing have been lost to the ages...
    With that mentality, all video game related items (boxes, manuals, carts, discs, etc.) would be easy to fake and reproduce. This whole hobby is a farce!

Anyway, realistically it would be tough to fake. I have one and I don't lose any sleep over whether it is legit or not, nor do I think anyone else should. It costs quite a bit of money to make up a mold to have new cart cases printed (Bunnyboy is the only person I know to pony up that kind of cash), wouldn't people be better off reproducing Stadium Events carts where they could just use a donor and a front label swap? It would pay out 5 to 1 compared to what you'd get for a LoZ test cart.