Thread: two parter: NES pirate multi + SNES copier help

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default two parter: NES pirate multi + SNES copier help

I got a couple of things in trades and while it each appears to be ok, I seem to have problems...

1) Power Joy 008 cart

A nice multi-game famicom pirate... I actually had one a while back which would play on my famicom. This is the same cart, and while it appears to be workable everything is garbled graphically. It's pretty universal across all things however the cart works without issue - I was able to play some seriously garbled Gradius but it was still gradius.

I've tried rubbing alcohol, erasers... are the contacts possibly not to blame? Could the rom chips themselves be damaged?

2) Super UFO SNES copier

This works, I've had it load up games that were on the disks I got along with the thing. I *know* it works. however:

a) when I tried to backup Tetris Attack onto disk.... I actually got a copy protection error screen. Zuh?

b) I can't seem to get the right UCON settings in order to turn a rom (say, translated FFV) onto disk for it to use.

Anyone have experience with one or both of these and could help?
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AB Positive View Post
    I got a couple of things in trades and while it each appears to be ok, I seem to have problems...

1) Power Joy 008 cart

A nice multi-game famicom pirate... I actually had one a while back which would play on my famicom. This is the same cart, and while it appears to be workable everything is garbled graphically. It's pretty universal across all things however the cart works without issue - I was able to play some seriously garbled Gradius but it was still gradius.

I've tried rubbing alcohol, erasers... are the contacts possibly not to blame? Could the rom chips themselves be damaged?

2) Super UFO SNES copier

This works, I've had it load up games that were on the disks I got along with the thing. I *know* it works. however:

a) when I tried to backup Tetris Attack onto disk.... I actually got a copy protection error screen. Zuh?

b) I can't seem to get the right UCON settings in order to turn a rom (say, translated FFV) onto disk for it to use.

Anyone have experience with one or both of these and could help?

most copiers could use other rom formats, try a few different copier formats on it. as for the copy protection you need to crack the rom in ucon64, some games had protection that made them not run on some copiers without a crack
    meow :3

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

well the tetris attack cart is my own which I was backing up... like you're supposed to. not a dloaded rom. That's what threw me... how do you do that when literally backing up a cartridge?
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.