Thread: Are Heroine Anthem 1 & 2 translated? and how to get Heroine anthem 2 to work..?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Are Heroine Anthem 1 & 2 translated? and how to get Heroine anthem 2 to work..?

i ran across these games on playasia and was wondering if they ever were translated into english? i also wondered the same about manga carta, i know it came out for the ps2,but wasnt sure about the pc version..

btw, i dont recall if it was mentioned before but Ys 6 pc version's english patch has finally been released!

edit:forgot to put a question mark after the title post.
    Last edited by dairugger; 01-20-2009 at 01:31 AM.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic
    Last edited by Daria; 01-17-2009 at 04:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heroine Anthem are good games, although short and too much cd's
    YS 6 pc patch out?
    OWNER: http://www.sealedvideogames.net
    My Rpg Collection
    Always looking for FACTORY SEALED snes and sega and psx RPG's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question.....why would anyone get the Ys 6 translation when it was already localized on the PS2 and PSP? I mean, other than not having those two systems....
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords View Post
    Question.....why would anyone get the Ys 6 translation when it was already localized on the PS2 and PSP? I mean, other than not having those two systems....
    It looks different?

http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/ys/ys5.htm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok, i got both heroine anthem 1 & 2 from a friend, but have some questions. i have part 2 installed on my netbook (acer aspire one) but how do you play part 2? theres so many icons that seem to go nowhere. and do i need to have one of the disks mounted with daemon? when i select "HA2_Rse" my system crashes with a hard dump of memory.

i also know part 2 has the dreaded "starforce protection", will this affect my system? is it okay to use the removal tool?

the last question i have is since the aspire one has no optical drive im converting part 1 into a image file, but so far its taking forever on disk 1, something about skipping sectors.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

you should totally change this topic's name. people will get their hopes up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

good idea, but im not sure how..

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

you should actually be able to double click this thread on the board list or edit your first post to change it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords View Post
    Because the PC version doesn't suck a caribou ass! Putting it nicely, Konami completely screwed up Ys 6.

It's not too often that we get an Ys game here in the US. But when Konami ported Ys 6 to the PS2 they changed the kick ass intro and cut scenes into some completely generic CG crap that didn't fit the feel of the game and had no life, soul, or creativity. Anime cutscenes have always been staple of the Ys series. What the Hell Konami!?

Also, one of the most important aspects of Ys is it's music. Some might say its more important than the game itself... I'm not one to argue. The music is HALF the Ys experience. So what did Konami do when it came to this sacred part of the game? Slapped a completely new and completely generic OST on the game. WTF? Are you serious?!

::Edit:: Hmmm, well according to Daria's Classicgaming link, the music was NOT changed, but I could have sworn that it was. That makes the PS2 version better than I remember, but it's still crap imo, because of the other needless changes.

This was also Ys first foray into 3D, but Falcom, being the bad ass studio they are, decided to make all the characters beautiful hand drawn sprites and what did Konami do? Changed them all to pre-rendered crap! OMFG Konami!?!?!? Seriously WTF are you doing!?!?

Needless to say the PS2 version was SHIT! Then there was word of the PSP version that was supposed to be a unmolested port. It was to right all the wrong that Konami had previously done. And for the most part, it did! Except one small problem... it was on the PSP and the load times killed it! Some of the areas took longer to load than it actually took you to cross. Honestly... the game spent more time loading than you actually playing... and thats just no good.

Falcom is a phenomenal and landmark studio. It would be nice if their games were released outside of Japan these days, and when they were, it would be even nicer if people could play them the way they were intended. Thus the fans took it upon themselves to translate the PC versions of Ys I and II, Ys 6, Ys Oath in Felghana and the translation for Ys Origin is underway and set to be released later this year. But, Ys 6 on anything other than the PC is NOT Ys 6!
    Last edited by Wraith Storm; 01-20-2009 at 07:06 AM.
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

I'd always heard that there was a password to switch to the original cutscenes, but I've never tried it.

And I found this at RPGFan backing up your impression of changed music:

And speaking of change, character models aren't the only things that have been changed for the American release. Due to licensing issues with Nihon Falcom, Konami could not obtain the rights to the original soundtrack and was forced to compose another soundtrack for the game. If you're a huge Sound Team JDK fan (the artists who did the original soundtrack), then you're probably upset. Considering the great soundtrack that the original Ark of Napishtim had, it's a hard act to follow. But if you haven't heard, Hiroyuki Namba has taken up the new soundtrack. Namba was a member of Sound Team JDK in the past and has composed arrangements like the Falcom Namba Collection (Ys and Sorcerian series arrangements) and one of the Genso Suikoden Music Collection albums. His music has that impeccable, distinct "rock" feel that has made JDK so popular. So far, from the trailers, one would assume that he is taking the orchestral route, but that could be completely wrong, as that isn't Namba's usual style. Namba could be packing some huge surprises in this soundtrack, because Konami has promised that the new soundtrack will contain arrangements of previous Ys themes. So don't think that it will automatically be bad because it's not Sound Team JDK.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok, i finally getting closer to installing heroine anthem 2, but when it launches starforce and asks me to enter the key on disk 4, well theres no key file on disk 4, when i selected the view hidden files i found a folder called windthunder, with a likewise named text doc inside, but its blank.

after looking online i found a key to use.. but i cant modify my image, or can i? is this the file starforce is looking for? HELP!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok, i couldnt find anything resembling a key on any of the 4 cd's, and a key i used that i found on the net wouldnt be accepted by starforce's program. and as i said starforce requires me to load my image of cd 4, which has no key one it, but on the first disk theres a setup file with this info in it when i viewed it with notepad:

[Startup]
    AppName=吤躓眳貉 II 濘譫毞妏
    ProductGUID=EA3D6A69-9550-4092-938F-E5777819C901
    CompanyName=控儔瑞濘
    CompanyURL=http://www.windthunder.com
    ErrorReportURL=http://www.installshield.com/isetup/ProErrorCentral.asp?ErrorCode=%d : 0x%x&ErrorInfo=%s
    MediaFormat=0
    LogMode=1
    Skin=setup.skin
    Resource=_Setup.dll
    SmallProgress=N
    SplashTime=5
    CheckMD5=Y
    CmdLine=
    ShowPasswordDialog=N
    [Languages]
    Default=0x0804
    count=1
    key0=0x0804
    RequireExactLangMatch=0x0804

but when i enter EA3D6A69-9550-4092-938F-E5777819C901 into starforce it says its invalid.. any help would be appreciated! what a beautiful game, whyd they make it so hard to play!

btw, this is the key i found on the net that doesnt work: BGRLVX-GJDEM7-473PNM-VSGYQN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Did you try entering "windthunder" as the key?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just did, but it says its still wrong..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by dairugger View Post
    just did, but it says its still wrong..
    It was worth a try. XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks for trying!

when i try one of the two codes it checks the disk then says "starforce was unable to match the entered key to the disc in the drive, please make sure you've entered a correct key"

but the funny thing is theres NO KEY ON DISK 4!, not even hidden.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i found some keys on a chinese torrent site, 3 to be exact tho one was a duplicate of the other. anyway, i tried them all to no avail, then i tried all 3 at the same time (copy and pasted) and it started the game. i wanted to know if i could duplicate it so i tried it again only to have the keys rejected.

at the time the first try worked i was uninstalling half life 2 to make more room, and i believe heroine anthem 3 started while the comp did a resolution change...

what happens if i delete starforce protection with the tools from their site, will the game cease to function? (not that i can get it to work in the first place)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The CD-key is printed on inside and back of the game manual