Thread: Anybody see the new Gp32X Wiz reconfiguration yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Clownzilla

Default Anybody see the new Gp32X Wiz reconfiguration yet?

I ordered one of these things last year before they announced the button change. I myself loved the 2 D-pad idea because a d-pad can easily be used for A,B,C, and D buttons yet be able to play other types of games with odd configurations. Anyway, I was upset when they changed the buttons around but I decided to keep my order. Since this is apparently coming out in February now, has anybody seen the new setup? It's kind of close to release to not have any info on this? Has this been delayed yet AGAIN?
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

I can't seem to find a picture at the moment, but the buttons still look like a D-Pad, except they're split up and work as separate buttons (Looks sort of like the D-Pad on a Dual Shock, except you can press left and right at the same time and such).

It's a nice looking system, but I already own a GP2X, and it's not a big enough leap for me... I'm going for a Pandora instead.

--Zero

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

I'm always surprised these devices aren't more popular around here. I would think the classic gaming community would be the perfect market for these machines, but I hardly ever see any talk about them.

I've been finding it more and more difficult to find space to set up my game consoles, and the GP2X (and hopefully the Pandora) makes it a lot easier for me to pack up some of the ones that I don't use as often, and for which quality emulators are available.

--Zero

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I'm a fan of the PSP more as a homebrew device. As a collector of PSX games I have a ton of titles that will work full speed on the PSP. Not to mention how many PSP games I own due to the system being the best for this gen, with the DS following close behind(I now own 38 games for the system, though I do dislike two of them.)

However, the GP2X does have some things the PSP doesn't have which make it just as good even though not as powerful. The accessories the GP2X has makes the system that much more better than it already is. The controller adapter that can use up to four controllers while playing the game on the TV make it that much more awesome. I don't own as many systems as alot of people here do and I honestly hate hooking them up and unhooking whenever I want to play a game of mine on there, so since I don't hook the systems up, the only way the games are playable for me is through my PSP and that means no multiplayer unless whoever also has a PSP.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm glad they ditched the second dpad, although it would have been great for emulating the few games that use twin sticks.

I think the reason these systems aren't getting more attention is because of the price.
    It's cheaper to get a PSP and put custom firmware on it.
    Even though Gamepark's machines are better for emulation in general, you can't beat the PSP for PS1 games, or PSP games for that matter.

The pandora looked cool a year ago, but by the time it hits the market, it'll be competing pricewise with netbooks and MIDs that are far more powerful.

It also doesn't help that neither pandora nor gamepark holdings can meet a deadline to save their lives.