Thread: Cheating on Mario Kart Wii Online?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Cheating on Mario Kart Wii Online?

Is it possible to cheat on Mario Kart Wii online?

Sounds like a crap question, but I don't know how to phrase it better. The reason I ask is not that I want to cheat, but I think others are. I know of some of the tricks like getting a boost off the starting line, drifting, drafting another player, and even snaking (although I haven't gotten the hang of that. I am also aware of some of the shortcuts, and take as many as I possibly can.

But, it just seems like some people will take off from the starting line, and just go, I never see them again in the race. If I don't hit the starting line boost properly, every one of the other racers will drive by me, leaving me in last place, never to see some of these people again.

So I wonder if these people are using some kind of online cheat, or if I am really just picking a bad character/kart.

If I am picking back characters and karts what would people recommend as a good fast kart/character combo to get me in the race, rather than at the end?
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    GameOverRG

It might be lag cheating but im no expert , I cant even get any of them to friggin jump. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't even bother anymore. From what I've seen, either these guys that are so freaking fast that they never even come in contact with another player are using a cheat or I'm just so fucking pathetic I need to blow my head off.

I was absolutely convinced that a cheat was in play when my nephew was playing a couple of days back, Player #1 finished in something like a minute flat, when player two finished a full minute later. No amount of skill could pull that off.

What fun do you get knowing that you're going to win EVERY time using a hack? What fun do you get knowing that you'll never even SEE another player while you're racing? How fat, lonely and sadistic are you that you have to cheat at fucking MARIO KART?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocade View Post
    I don't even bother anymore. From what I've seen, either these guys that are so freaking fast that they never even come in contact with another player are using a cheat or I'm just so fucking pathetic I need to blow my head off.

I was absolutely convinced that a cheat was in play when my nephew was playing a couple of days back, Player #1 finished in something like a minute flat, when player two finished a full minute later. No amount of skill could pull that off.

What fun do you get knowing that you're going to win EVERY time using a hack? What fun do you get knowing that you'll never even SEE another player while you're racing? How fat, lonely and sadistic are you that you have to cheat at fucking MARIO KART?
    There are actually two tracks that have a glitch where you can start the race and loop around a mountain or a volcano and it counts as a lap -thus allowing you to finish the race in a minute or two I have not noticed anyone doing that either, but I have seen the video on YouTube.

I think one of the levels where you can do this is mushroom gorge, and the other is obviously one of the Bowser levels involving a volcano.

Any ideas on a good kart/character combination to use for quick acceleration and high speed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rpepper9 View Post
    But, it just seems like some people will take off from the starting line, and just go, I never see them again in the race. If I don't hit the starting line boost properly, every one of the other racers will drive by me, leaving me in last place, never to see some of these people again.
    I use to wonder the same thing when I played Burnout 3 on the Xbox online. When you first start playing online you have no idea how to do the boast start and all the good players will take off. Unless they crash you really won't see them for the whole race. That wasn't cheating though. It was an advantage they had and they learned it from playing online.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well if your wii has got the homebrew channel you can use gecko os & action replay codes for wii games, it's most likely they are cheating.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I don't know about Mario Kart Wii, but on Mario Kart DS, everyone snaked online. This is what had me sell the game.

Now. If you could see my record on Mario Kart DS. You'd be like, , and probably ask how I have such a great record when I say everyone snakes. Well. In order to win online since literally every person snakes, you have to also do it and you have to do it better. It's also better if you pick the correct racer/car to determine how much of a boost you get and how good the sliding for that character is.

So yeah. I ended up selling Mario Kart DS. Just like Mario Kart DS every other DS Wifi game I've owned has some terrible flaws.

Metroid Prime Hunters. One weapon is specific for each character. One character has a laser that homes in on the enemy and drains life. Possibly the best character. The second best is the one that gets the sortof spread bomb(can't remember the character names.) Anyways. Due to the flaws in that game, not being as good as any real FPS, I ended up selling that as well.

And people wonder why I hate first party Nintendo games. They're "decent" at best and flawed all to hell. Except Jump Ultimate Stars(great game, unless you play against Son1cWildfire after he got as good as he is at it.)
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    theCHUDscame

Quote Originally Posted by rpepper9 View Post
    There are actually two tracks that have a glitch where you can start the race and loop around a mountain or a volcano and it counts as a lap -thus allowing you to finish the race in a minute or two I have not noticed anyone doing that either, but I have seen the video on YouTube.

I think one of the levels where you can do this is mushroom gorge, and the other is obviously one of the Bowser levels involving a volcano.

Any ideas on a good kart/character combination to use for quick acceleration and high speed?
    The two are Grumble Volcano and Mushroom Gorge - if you go to the WFC menu and check Regional Rankings, you can download the ghosts of various people, including the fastest person. If you download the fastest for those two levels you can get a better feel for how it's done - the one guy finishes Mushroom Gorge in 45 seconds and the other guy finishes Grumble Volcano in ~20 seconds.

And from what I've seen from a lot of the fast ghosts, people use Funky Kong on one of the bikes (I can't remember right now, I think it's the Wario one) and pull off some amazing times legitimately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ive given up on mk onlinem the amount of tards that drive in reverse with a star knocking people off is unreal.
    zomg I have a sig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emuaust View Post
    Ive given up on mk onlinem the amount of tards that drive in reverse with a star knocking people off is unreal.
    Wow! I have never seen any one driving backwards with the star. I guess I wouldn't mind so much due to the fact that it is one less racer in the race. I tend to play early in the morning before work (in Minnesota). At that time the only other people online all seem to be in Japan and Europe, and they tend to be pretty serious.

Maybe I just answered my own original question, maybe the people I am playing against are very serious and very good at the game. I should try playing at different times of day.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Yeah I've seen a couple of people do that with the star in reverse. I've also seen a couple of people I have to believe are cheating online because they do seem to going just a bit too fast. For the most part, you almost need to use the fastest characters with the best bikes to maintain a high ranking. Mind you I use my Mii with the bog standard kart and I do very well sitting in the mid 8000s. Skill does help a lot and knowing the tracks inside out with the much reduced ability to snake compared to the DS version...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    packers17

i dont play online much cause it seems it takes forever. never lost like the 3 matches i have played. peach on her dirt bike ftw!
    42 is the answer to everything
    BOYCOTT SHAMPOO
    DEMAND REAL POO
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126987--trade/sale thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Has Nintendo done anything to stop people from exploiting these glitches? I don't use my Wii online so I'm curious.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Oh yeah. Another flaw for Mario Kart DS I forgot about.

There are some people I did lose to online when I first started playing, even when snaking. A few stages have glitches to where if you fall off a certain spot, you'll actually advance half the stage.

One of those stages is the cloud stage in Mario Kart DS. On one part, you can take a left and make a jump and you'll cover half the stage right where the end of the finish line is. It'll take you that far which is bs. I used this after I found it out, only because why should I not use it and then everyone else uses the flaw and wins?

Another is in Delfino Square where you fall off one part on purpose which takes you across the buildings, though how some people actually save time this way I have no idea(some people will literally own you in that stage by doing that though.)
    Last edited by kupomogli; 01-31-2009 at 08:00 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I dont even bother with MK Wii. I dont know if people are cheating or are just much, much, much better than me, but theyre lapping me like its going out of style.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, they've found ways to hack the Wii version already. There was a blog a while back of a guy who managed to do it, but Google's not helping me out. I don't know if he ever publicly released the code, but there was some guy called 'hack@you' online who kept getting stars and finishing races in mere seconds.

I haven't played the game in at least four months so I'm not sure of any recent progress.

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Has Nintendo done anything to stop people from exploiting these glitches? I don't use my Wii online so I'm curious.
    There's the Wii updates that fixes hack exploits, but as for MK in general I honestly don't know. On a similar note, they banned Hitler Miis from appearing online last year, but there's probably been ways around that already.
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocade View Post
    How fat, lonely and sadistic are you that you have to cheat at fucking MARIO KART?
    I may be sadistic but I am NOT fat and lonely Just kidding, haven't even played MK in a while and I didn't cheat at it when I did play. For the record, cheaters suck...
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!"

My feedback thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93213

Strawberry (Level 2) Dastardly Dylan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    D2ME
    PSN
    D2ME

I do know that they took out snaking as in Mario Kart DS, which was a major help. Other than that I don't know any other tips.

Wii: 7782-6113-4774-2333
    Teh Pwn Shop! - YouTube - Twitter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

I had problems the first time I played the DS one online. I fired it up and got smoked by some japanese guy. Never played online again