Thread: Gaming/emulators on your Windows CE smartphone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Gaming/emulators on your Windows CE smartphone

After having the exact same phone for 7 years, I finally decided to upgrade. A couple friends of mine have the iPhone and I really liked what it can do. There were a few problems though. Mainly, Sprint has no iPhones, iPhone service is expensive and lastly I heard it's difficult/costly to get copy protection uncontrolled ringtones/media on your phone.

So anyway, I decided to get an HTC Touch Pro which has just about everything the iPhone has and none of the aforementioned drawbacks. When it arrived I discovered that is is basically a Pocket PC in a phone and it runs Windows CE. Then it clicked in my head...EMULATORS!

So far I have been able to get the CEgg Game Gear/Master System and Pocket GBA emulators to work but have had real trouble otherwise. The ones I really want to get going are Genesis and SNES. It seems the main problem is the emulator interfacing with the touchscreen/slide-out keyboard. Most of the emulators were written in 2001/2002 and aren't fully compatible. Even Pocket GBA has a compatibility issue with the use of the back key as the down button but it is totally playable. CEgg appears to be 100% compatible so far due to it's use of the touchscreen only.

Does anyone else have experience getting other emulators to work on a similar phone or any ideas about how it could be done?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got a Playstation emulator for my AT&T Tilt. I'm lucky if it runs half speed, so I really only play RPGs on it. It's nifty to be able to play FF7 anywhere I want.