Thread: are ps3 game rare comapred to x360

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default are ps3 game rare comapred to x360

I figure there are more xbox 360s out there then ps3 so the same must be true for games right? does msft continue its minimum game pressing for the original xbox? does sony have the same quote?
    another thing is the limited edition games how does one find out how many were made an example being fallout3 L.E bundle cant find out what are the numbers.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There really aren't any rare PS3 or 360 games yet I don't think.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The number of games manufactured usually isn't published, it's considered a trade secret.

I think it's safe to assume that multi-platform titles tend to have smaller print runs on the PS3 then the 360, but that's not always true.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what about limited edition games ? i rarely see a number attached so is it limited to how many people buy it?
    i have looking for the quantity for resident evil 5 limited edition i cant find hard numbers.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IcBlUsCrN View Post
    what about limited edition games ? i rarely see a number attached so is it limited to how many people buy it?
    i have looking for the quantity for resident evil 5 limited edition i cant find hard numbers.
    It's limited to how many copies they make. I've seen limited editions that have a higher print run then the regular edition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    It's limited to how many copies they make. I've seen limited editions that have a higher print run then the regular edition.
    Still looking for a non-Limited Edition Mechassault 2

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sudo View Post
    There really aren't any rare PS3 or 360 games yet I don't think.
    There's always the recalled version of LBP...

Insert Coin (Level 0) Letiumtide's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Letiumtide

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx View Post
    Still looking for a non-Limited Edition Mechassault 2
    Hint: It doesn't exist. I worked at EB when it was released and we were told that the regular editions would come AFTER the limited edition, never happened.

There are a few games out there that in fact are supposedly limited edition which are the only edition that were released and as others have stated there are MANY games in which the limited edition copies have a much greater print than a non-limited edition.

While I don't think any games out there are at a level of rarity, there are definitely some choice titles that you almost never see currently in the used market outside of EB (which counts, but their prices are so stupid that they shouldn't). I have never seen a used copy of Tales of Vesperia, nevermind a LE one (thankfully I bought mine at release), rarely do I ever see a copy of Dead Rising, and even then that was later a platinium release, both seem scarce. These things might just be within my area.

Point is, rarity won't really occur until the next generation, which by then we'll all be scouring for our forgotten PS2/GC/Xbox titles which by that time will have come and gone out of market saturation. Right now some are difficult to obtain but not impossible, about the only game that is nigh impossible to obtain is the LE version of Metal Gear Solid 3.

I think anyway, I guess previous markets are a hard judge since the last generation there was a large spike in interest in gaming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, that's just a localized issue. Dead Rising for example, I've seen several used copies of in the last couple months...I have two used ones I picked up in the last 2 months right here.

I have yet to have seen a Tales of Vesperia LE, but I keep running into titles like Electroplankton on a regular basis, and that's reputed to be FAR rarer. Even now, it's still hard to tell what some of the last generation's rarities are. I haven't seen squat for RE4 GC LEs anywhere, but they're cheap as dirt online last time I checked, and that's what I'm expecting to happen to the MGS3 LE in a couple more years.

Valkyria Chronicles for PS3 seems to be more difficult than most current titles to obtain right now...but who knows what that'll mean in 5 years for rarity.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hint: It doesn't exist. I worked at EB when it was released and we were told that the regular editions would come AFTER the limited edition, never happened.

The regular edition of Mech Assault 2 does exist. I've had several pass through our store several times. Non-foil cover, only one disc, etc.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

the only game thats worth much or considered rare is the Dead Space Limited for the xbox 360. There were only 1000 copies and has seemed to at least maintain its value since its come out. Other than that, with most of the games, it mainly depends on demand for that version.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Letiumtide's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Letiumtide

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post

The regular edition of Mech Assault 2 does exist. I've had several pass through our store several times. Non-foil cover, only one disc, etc.
    Maybe it's just Canada, because we had news of it's supposed release and then nothing. *shrug* thus I always assumed that it simply never existed. The more you know.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I've wondered about the PS3 game rarity thing myself. Not so much as them being actually rare, but rather would I have a harder time finding them someday in the future should I ever buy a PS3. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that the exclusives would have sold sufficient quantities that it won't be a problem. The multi-system titles I'm not too worried about because I haven't read anything so far that would make me believe the PS3 version is any better than the Xbox360 version. Because I hear the Xbox360 is easier to program for, my guess would be that it might have the better versions. Of course if they never manage to manufacture a reliable Xbox360, I'm going to feel pretty stupid for waiting to purchase most of the multi-system games for the 360. But maybe they'll have the bugs worked out by the time they roll out the Xbox720 and they will make it backwards compatible so people can actually play their games without feeling like the Sword of Damacles is hanging over their head.

Should be pretty easy to find the regular editon of MechAssault 2, by the way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Maybe this game in the future is rare
    Gears of War 1 Includes Bonus Disk with Multiplayer Maps, Themes and Gamer Pics and a Gears of War 2 Preview
    http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/Produ...oduct_id=71542