Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So let me get this straight? (MS transferring DRM)

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Half Japanese View Post
    At what point did you give up being anything but a troll?
    apparently when expressing conflicting unpopular opinions posted in similar ways and styles of the popular opinons expressed by others made me one

in other words, if I can be "flamed" or "baited" in the posts of others, then why can't others be "flamed" or "baited" in my posts? it works both ways

some people here don't understand why I "put up" with modern PC gaming, and yet they don't understand why I don't "put up" with modern console gaming either... but worse than that, DRM affects both just as horribly

however, none of the paid DLC that I own is tied to my hardware... I'm even allowed to burn it onto a disc, which can be copied multiple times... and as long as I never lose my access code, I can make all the working copies I want, without ever having to download it and pay for it all over again... so if this is the industry's idea of "preventing" piracy on PC, I'm glad that pirates are apparently far more of a problem on XBOX360... loot and plunder indeed!
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon View Post
    apparently when expressing conflicting unpopular opinions posted in similar ways and styles of the popular opinons expressed by others made me one

in other words, if I can be "flamed" or "baited" in the posts of others, then why can't others be "flamed" or "baited" in my posts? it works both ways

some people here don't understand why I "put up" with modern PC gaming, and yet they don't understand why I don't "put up" with modern console gaming either... but worse than that, DRM affects both just as horribly

however, none of the paid DLC that I own is tied to my hardware... I'm even allowed to burn it onto a disc, which can be copied multiple times... and as long as I never lose my access code, I can make all the working copies I want, without ever having to download it and pay for it all over again... so if this is the industry's idea of "preventing" piracy on PC, I'm glad that pirates are apparently far more of a problem on XBOX360... loot and plunder indeed!
    Though, as a PC enthusiast you must be aware that several high-profile titles have been victim of very stringent DRM in the past few years, and have been publicly criticized for it.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

ooooOOOOHHH RUSTY!!! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FxMercenary
    PSN
    Gronkus

PC Gaming is fun, but I will never touch a PC FPS ever again, thats why i bought a PS3 and a 360.

First person shooters get hacked up too much. Online Cheating has overrun the PC Gaming community, mainly because the programs are free.

Sure, there are rapid fire controllers out for the 360, but they cost a good chunk of money, and the people who cheat are usually 12 year olds with a superiority complex, and they dont have money.

For example Last Week, I decided to play some Counter-Strike. Every server I went to, there was some guy with 40 kills and 3 deaths, and was blasting everyone from across the map thru walls, or spawning at our spawn point on the opposite team.

So I said screw that, and went to go play some battlefield. Same thing there.

Then I got the itch to play some EQ, and it was overrun with gear/plat farmers from Korea. 10k plat for $1 usd!

Screw PC gaming, I used to love it, and thats why I have a windows 98 gaming machine offline in my retro room with all the greats, like Warcraft II.

Anything new gets chewed up and spit out by 12 year olds with their 1337 h4x.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Frankie, Castle Crashers does/did that too, the fix around that though is you start the game, its trial mode. Then while in the game log your profile out then log it back in via the blade and all your saved data should be intact.

I know it works/worked in Braid and CC. Dunno about V8 as I don't have it yet.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Skelix View Post
    Frankie, Castle Crashers does/did that too, the fix around that though is you start the game, its trial mode. Then while in the game log your profile out then log it back in via the blade and all your saved data should be intact.

I know it works/worked in Braid and CC. Dunno about V8 as I don't have it yet.
    Yeah, V8 is absolutely crippled by this current situation and I spent a few weeks trying out every combination of deleting/re-downloading/unlocking, etc. to find a similar back-door.

The guys at Isopod Labs weren't really aware that that was an issue when I spoke to them, they hadn't developed anything to combat the problem, and despite my thorough explanation of the problem - they didn't say that they were planning any patches to fix it. (they said that they were too hard at work on a PS3 title to go back to V8 for 360 ... must be a small dev team.)

Its unfortunate. I'll have to wait till around July to have any access to the license transfer tool again ... and even then, I don't have a unit with a Jasper board, so there's a strong possibility that I could RROD, in which case I'll absolutely send my unit in for a fast & dirty MS refurb send-back so I don't have to go through this again.
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 02-15-2009 at 05:03 PM.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon View Post
    And then there are those of us who don't care what you put up with and simply want you to stay out of decent threads.