I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Default Fallout 3 Question

Basically I am wondering what the quests are like on Fallout 3. Are they like Morrowind where I am given them and have many ways to complete them with different rewards depending on method? I just want to know if I need the strategy guide. In Morrowind I needed the strategy guide because the load/save times were so long I couldn't do a quest, reload the game and do the quest differently to see what the other reward was, I had to read ahead and see my options. Any help would be appreciated.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are quite a couple of quests where you can take different paths to complete them, including different rewards I guess.
    Wii: 8285 8147 1575 6278

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GenocYder

Yes, the many quests have a ton of ways to go about them. Bethesda really thought ahead with a lot of them, because even if you kill a key character sometimes another will take over command or certain quests will even give you different degrees you can achieve them. Like for instance you can lie about doing a quest and get a minor reward, do the quest and receive a better reward, or go the distance and do something extra for a bonus reward. I really have been impressed so far.
    -=-Proud owner of the Video Game Retirement Home-=-

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Forget a guide, you'll need a laptop sitting next to you while playing the game to get all of the best equipment and perks. For most quests, there are usually legitimate methods you can use to get all of the bonuses from certain quests.

If you want to know tricks like taking all of your weapons and armor out of the DLC anchorage simulation, you'll need online guides.

--Zero

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought the guide and I found it to be helpful, although a bit disorganized. It does cover everything in the game though and there wasn’t a question that I had that it didn’t answer. The problem for me with either the online or book guides is the sheer number of quests. It can make it confusing at times trying to determine what to do next, though it does make the game a lot more fun.

In response to your other question most quests have at least two ways that they can be solved, well others have many, many more. Some quest like about the synthetic man allows you to get all of the rewards if you play your cards right.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I beat the main story line, once through without a guide. The end snuck up on me, without having done a lot of side quests. I had no idea on how much I was missing out on, until my girlfriend started playing through and completing certain parts of the main quest in a different order. That and she was visiting places I had never been to. If you just want to beat it and thats it, I'd say don't get a guide. It may take some of the surprise out of the game. But, if you're anal about knowing all the alternate ways to complete the missions- pick one up. Of course I much prefer the internet to the guides because it's free.

Although, without knowing all the best weapons and armor the game could be quite challenging when wandering the wastelands. Another problem I had was that I constantly thought my character was underpowered compared to enemies. The Deathclaws are aptly named to say the least.
    Last edited by TheDomesticInstitution; 02-11-2009 at 07:10 PM.