Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Street Fighter IV thread

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    You need to play the right people in Street Fighter for one.
    I never said I was pro or good. I'm better than average, so that means I atleast don't suck at the game, which was what I was getting at.

I played against G-Boobie last night and he said I was good with Ryu and Ken, but obviously not very good with Guile who I also used to try and get better with. Even after playing I told him I'm not really good.

I'm not complaining because I suck or I'm good and etc. I'm just complaining that when everyone turtles it just pisses me off.

Anyways. Anyways, since G-Boobie did say that Ubersaurus and DreamTR are pro in a message last night, so why not play a game? I'd like to see how good you guys are. If you are then I doubt I'd win, just like to see how good I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    You just apparently aren't as patient.
    Actually, that's true. I'm pretty impatient in gaming. That's why I suck at and dislike the Metal Gear series(aside from storyline.)

Quote Originally Posted by carlcarlson View Post
    So they aren't playing how you want to play. Maybe you should try messaging them before the match next time and let them know exactly what you would like them to do.
    Good idea. I'll tell everyone to stand still. That'd be less fun than fighting a turtle though. I'd prefer someone to more attack oriented like I am over forcing me to play the waiting game to get a hit in. I can beat Hardest difficulty without dying because the computer plays that way, though Hardest isn't as difficult as it was on the earlier games.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 03-16-2009 at 05:18 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I'm definitely going to have to agree with that. Hardest difficulty in this game is nothing compared to Super Street Fighter II on 8 stars. Hell, I had no problem getting that Acheivement where you have to beat Gouken on the hardest difficulty setting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Anyways. There's one thing I did notice as a problem.

First time I beat the game with Ken it was on normal. So I was going for the high score and on Hardest you get more points(this was the other day.) So I chose Hardest and chose 7 rounds each match. Anyways. Only two of rounds I lost so I ended up losing the bonus you get after each of those(but I think I made up for it with the additional points I made each of those extra matches.) One against Abel and unfortunately two against Seth, but still no losses.

I then went to ranking just now and it still showed my 800,000 ranking that I originally got. The thing is. The Hardest mode score I ended up getting was in the 1,600,000 range so that should have put me in place 200-300. But no, I was still in the same place I was in with 800,000 points.

Now another thing I'm thinking is that the first time I played, it was where people could join in. Is it possible that because I was playing it that way that's the only way it posts rank?

*edit*

Just turned it on again and my second Medium score is there. Does seven rounds not allow your score to go in? But now I'm thinking. Why didn't my other match with Ryu on Hardest go in? That was only two rounds.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 03-16-2009 at 07:48 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure if it's the case in SF IV, but many games only log the leaderboards if you leave all of the settings to default.

Insert Coin (Level 0) boogiecat's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    boogiemeow

So far my friend bought a brand new Xbox 360 just for this game..
    .................................................. ......................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    I'm not sure if it's the case in SF IV, but many games only log the leaderboards if you leave all of the settings to default.
    It says play Medium or harder for your score to be placed in the rankings or something similar.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I never said I was pro or good. I'm better than average, so that means I atleast don't suck at the game, which was what I was getting at.

I played against G-Boobie last night and he said I was good with Ryu and Ken, but obviously not very good with Guile who I also used to try and get better with. Even after playing I told him I'm not really good.

I'm not complaining because I suck or I'm good and etc. I'm just complaining that when everyone turtles it just pisses me off.

Anyways. Anyways, since G-Boobie did say that Ubersaurus and DreamTR are pro in a message last night, so why not play a game? I'd like to see how good you guys are. If you are then I doubt I'd win, just like to see how good I would do.

Actually, that's true. I'm pretty impatient in gaming. That's why I suck at and dislike the Metal Gear series(aside from storyline.)

Good idea. I'll tell everyone to stand still. That'd be less fun than fighting a turtle though. I'd prefer someone to more attack oriented like I am over forcing me to play the waiting game to get a hit in. I can beat Hardest difficulty without dying because the computer plays that way, though Hardest isn't as difficult as it was on the earlier games.
    You have a good sense of how to do a proper shoto rush down, you're fairly handy with your mix up game and footsies, you're good with blocking cross up attempts, and you avoid the urge to SRK at all times... Unless I'm using Vega. Then, you SRK a bit too much. Yodelayheehoo and all that.

The reason, Kupo, that you've been treated so dismissively in this thread has to do with your attitude: something I'm sure you're already aware of considering that your quoted post is rational and sane. There are broken elements in many fighting games, but unless you're actively cheating, like using a lag switch or dropping like a cheap bitch, a win is a win. Period.

I'm not especially great(though I'll fuck you up in Brutal Paws of Fury), but I'm hip to how the game is thought of and treated at high levels. That is to say, 'throws are not cheap', 'turtling is not cheap', and most importantly, if you want to get better, you'd better learn to eat some humble pie every now and again. Or in my case, pretty often. When you're in a private room with a gentleman who's gamertag is ShinAkuma, you know you're probably going to get beat on. There's nothing wrong with that as long as you learn from it and accept that you can always improve.
    Last edited by G-Boobie; 03-17-2009 at 04:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

4900 points. Characters I'm seeing at this range:

Sagat
    Balrog
    Dhalsim
    E. Honda
    Blanka
    Ryu
    Abel
    Rufus

I faced a Gen in this point range, but I beat him to a pulp. It's amazing to see all the Kens disappear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
    4900 points. Characters I'm seeing at this range:

Sagat
    Balrog
    Dhalsim
    E. Honda
    Blanka
    Ryu
    Abel
    Rufus

I faced a Gen in this point range, but I beat him to a pulp. It's amazing to see all the Kens disappear.
    I'm amazed you're still in ranked. After my third drop in one night, I went player and never looked back.

I still get the occasional hate mail, but I collect them like Pokemon now. I figure getting pissed off that someone else is pissed off is pretty dumb.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nirvana: You should add me and play some games. Dream Theater is my gamertag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    I still get the occasional hate mail, but I collect them like Pokemon now.
    Hate mail for what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Probably the opposite of what I used to do. When I beat a turtle I talked a whole bunch of crap.

I now only send messages like "fuck you" to people who drop out of a game I'm clearly winning with no lag.

Also. Nirvana. Is there any way to get matches against people around your rank all the time. I'm only at 2600 because every match I get is either 1000 points below me or lower. I tried going to the one thing to play people ranked higher than me, but the range is only 1000-1500. It also forces me to keep hitting down after that, and a few of those I accidently went to player match and won a match instead because you have to go into ranking, then hit down. If you go to play arcade do you usually get decently ranked people(2000 or higher.)

*edit*

This is bullshit. I keep fighting turtles and I win around four matches each one, only to lose against a low ranking turtle and minus 200+ points. I swear I've only fought three people today since 5PM who weren't turtles(two hour period) and they had 2000+ points, the other 2000+ point person I fought turtled with Sagat(that bitch.) I was close to winning but every time I got up to him and attacked he'd end up countering with a high tiger knee which sent him behind me so I'd have to follow him to that side.

Fucking turtles piss me off. I've decided. I'm going to do nothing but use Sagat on online matches. If they decide they want to turtle then I'll go ahead and do it better. I'd use Akuma but he's too cheap.

*edit again*

Fuck it. I'm not even going to play Street Fighter 4 anymore. I'll get 100% and then quit. Even when I win I hate playing the piece of shit game as SF4 is made for fucking turtles. Atleast 90% of the players turtle and use no more than three attacks(specials included) when you make a mistake. Grabbing isn't even as effective because a grab won't work right off against a blocking ducking character as sometimes it grabs over their head, you have to grab a second time to enact the grab(even when they're ducking,) which some of the time I end up getting hit when they notice I miss the grab. The majority of them will knock you out of the unblockable with two weak hits. I mean they may be suck ass pussies but they're not stupid. Also, grabbing is much more effective as a turtle than it is for someone who is being aggressive.

The reason I'm ranting is because the first person I just played once using Sagat was a fucking turtle. I won. Someone around rank. I won. Wow, 60 points. And people 400 points lower getting 100+ points and lower than that you're fucked. I mean it's just pure bullshit playing online because everyone is a fucking bitch. The only reason I lose against most of them is because like Ubersaurus said, I do get impatient because turtling is the most bullshit thing in a fighting game and it's so much fucking harder getting them when they do so. If I was more patient I'd probably lose less. Hell. I played safely against those turtle bitches just so I could get 10 ranked wins in a row for the trophy(and ended up getting 16 in a row.)

So back where I was. SF4 sucks ass just because everyone turtles hard. Go ahead DreamTR or Ubersaurus. Bitch about OMG YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT TEH STREET FIGHTER 4. But yeah. I'm bitching about it even when I'm winning. Deal with it.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 03-17-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I usually just set the Custom Match search priority to "More Skilled" and I usually get guys around my rank.

Who did you use prior to Sagat?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I usually just set the Custom Match search priority to "More Skilled" and I usually get guys around my rank.

Who did you use prior to Sagat?
    I was also set at "More Skilled." If more skilled is people that have 100-500 points then I guess that's correct. Also Ryu or Ken. I'm good with all three characters. I mostly use Ken but I think I'm better with Ryu.

Anyways. Got myself up to 2900 points(that one last rant.) Currently working my way down to 0BP. I'm at 1200 right now. I'm actually fighting the first round, winning, and then just playing a PSP game for the next two rounds. This way I won't bother coming back to the piece of shit due to the fact that I'll have to actually work my way up again. It's not even that it'll be hard to work my way up. I got to 2000 my first day playing actually. It's just the fact that it'll take a little bit to get there so won't bother me on doing it. Oh yeah. And lowering my score to 0, so far I've gotten nothing but people 2000+ a couple 3000+ and only playing on quick match.

*edit*

Just got someone that's 4000. If I actually ended up getting people ranked that high, I might have actually kept playing, whatever now. If I want to play a Street Fighter I'll just play SFA3 on the hardest difficulty. That way it'll actually be a difficult match and... they won't turtle like bitches. Like 99% of the people who play SF4. That way it'll actually be a match and I won't be bored as shit fighting 99% turtles. :O Even if they did turtle on SFA3, the game actually allows you to counter turtling far better than SF4 does, so it's not as bad.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 03-17-2009 at 10:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Ah.

I'm at 5400 points right now. The only player I see that turtle are Balrog at this point. I use Cammy, and I'm pretty much full on attack. I guess you can consider the Sagats I am seeing as turtles, as they sit there, shoot low fireball, wait for me to jump so they can hit me with his -> FK. I'd say that Sagats that play like that and Ryu in general gives me a tough time. I seem to always get hit by Ryu's LP Shoryuken -> Ultra. o_O

DreamTR: Oops, forgot to send you a FR today. I'll send you one tomorrow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    Hate mail for what?
    For winning. If I use throws, focus attacks as a parry/counter, command grabs, or Blanka in any random match, I will sometimes get some smack talk from the guy I just played. It's more common than I'd hoped it was: HD Remix was a bit more civilized(though I collected a few there too).

It's the usual internet retard stuff. "You probably don't have a life", "You're a cheap bitch", etc. etc.

I don't know what they think it accomplishes. I just hit 'block' and carry on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

As Balrog, one of the 3000 rank people I fought did nothing but duck/raise and do the one head rush. He was actually the only one I didn't win the first match against, everyone else was a joke.

I think it's because all of the playing I've gotten alot better than I was originally, but it's still not fun playing against turtles. I hate it.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 03-17-2009 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    For winning. If I use throws, focus attacks as a parry/counter, command grabs, or Blanka in any random match, I will sometimes get some smack talk from the guy I just played. It's more common than I'd hoped it was: HD Remix was a bit more civilized(though I collected a few there too).

It's the usual internet retard stuff. "You probably don't have a life", "You're a cheap bitch", etc. etc.

I don't know what they think it accomplishes. I just hit 'block' and carry on.
    Same here. I'll be straight up; if I KNOW I can throw you 3 times in a row, I'll do it. There's a million counters to it, and it's overall a poor offensive strategy. When they let me do it to them, it's on them. One guy messaged me when he disconnected after I went Chris Benoit on his Dhalsim with the german suplexes and he was like "you fucking throw more than gief." i faced him again and minimized my throws, and still beat him. he actually said "i don't mind losing when I don't get thrown 7 or 8 times...gg" and I still thought it was lame because throwing is a part of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Same here. I'll be straight up; if I KNOW I can throw you 3 times in a row, I'll do it. There's a million counters to it, and it's overall a poor offensive strategy. When they let me do it to them, it's on them. One guy messaged me when he disconnected after I went Chris Benoit on his Dhalsim with the german suplexes and he was like "you fucking throw more than gief." i faced him again and minimized my throws, and still beat him. he actually said "i don't mind losing when I don't get thrown 7 or 8 times...gg" and I still thought it was lame because throwing is a part of the game.
    Yup. I'll never understand why people get pissed off when you use something specifically built into the game to win... Which is sort of the point of playing people on line.

My favorite message was from a guy who played a pretty scrubby Akuma. I've been maining Blanka and Vega, and throwing in some Honda too. I beat him with Blanka in the first match because all he did was throw air fireballs. All I had to do was jab roll to where he was landing and slide for the knock down, cross up jump mk --> cr. mk xx roll, over and over.

The next match I played Vega and just scarlet terrored him to death because he did the same thing he was doing in the previous match. He finally wised up for round two, but by then I had a full meter and just EX wall dived him for the win. He kicked me from the room and sent me the following:

"Fuck you, you fucking pussy. If they hadn't nerfed Gouki I'd kick your fucking ass every time"(corrected for spelling).

I've also gotten some shitty replies to friendly messages. I sent one guy who beat my Balrog with a very good Rufus a 'good game' and got a 'fuck you you suck scrub' in reply.

Bunch of savages.
    Last edited by G-Boobie; 03-18-2009 at 01:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't get mad about throws, but really if you are doing it 7 or 8 time a match that is just retarded. Where is the skill in that? I don't get mad, I get combo even!