Insert Coin (Level 0) boogiecat's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    boogiemeow

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
    Ryu's Ultra is pretty amazing. I see a lot of people online do something like LP Shoryuken -> Ultra. Pretty easy to do and really damn effective.
    Yeah that's true!! Man if only i could do that!!
    .................................................. ......................

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

K, I'll add you when I get home from work.

I've been running into a lot of disconnecters lately, it's really been pissing me off. Take the loss like a man, you know?
    Like I said before, my friend: to Hell with ranked matches.

'Battle points' have pretty much proven to be worthless. Player matches are where it's at. And, should you desire something tangible in-game to base your self-appraisal on, there's always the 'win percentage'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't played any games online yet (still unlocking all the characters and learning the moves first), but Capcom doesn't give the loss to the person that drops the connection??? They do it in HD Remix, so why not in SFIV?

The only thing that pisses me off more than the disconnect losses are game designers who ignore the problem and do nothing to fix it.

Insert Coin (Level 0) SurfKahuna's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default AZ players

Anyone here from AZ or CA? If so, we should have a good connection. I live in Phoenix. Here, add me on XBL: SurfKahuna. BTW, bring your A game .

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If the game doesn't penalize you for disconnecting before you loose, why wouldn't you? Obviously Capcom is aware that people disconnect when they're about to loose, they decided not to do anything about it.

Sounds like a legitimate strategy to me. I don't really see why someone would sit there and take a loss if they don't have to. Capcom left disconnects up to the honor system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    Does anyone know... are there any plans to change the VS system so that it will allow spectators? That way you can watch others or could play loser out. That would be a decent DLC offering.
    Supposedly a 'Champion Update' is set for June or so, and will allow lobbies, spectator modes, etc. I don't know much else about it though.
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Me too. I've had atleast 10 altogether today. Which I message promptly. "Fuck you fucking quitting faggot."

*loooooong rant*
    You've proven yourself to be a person of real quality in this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    If the game doesn't penalize you for disconnecting before you loose, why wouldn't you? Obviously Capcom is aware that people disconnect when they're about to loose, they decided not to do anything about it.
    Honestly, I think Capcom decided against penalizing disconnects due to accidental (and therefore legitimate) drops. I don't care about rank or battle points myself, but some people take them very seriously (for some reason).

Which leads us to the next subject...

Sounds like a legitimate strategy to me. I don't really see why someone would sit there and take a loss if they don't have to. Capcom left disconnects up to the honor system.
    You know, you're right. That being said, it's pretty dumb to cheat in order to get battle points, since cheating immediately robs them of any value. If battle points are supposed to represent and reflect skill in a game, and you 'knock over the chess board' whenever you think you might lose, the entire system becomes suspect.

So again: player matches are where it's at. Not dealing with E-penis enhancement currency and the irrational behavior it produces makes any game better, in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post

1. It's inconvenient as hell. To disconnect you have to go back to the dashboard unplug your cable or turnoff your 360. Disconnectors usually really fucking suck, so are they seriously willing to start the game back up after every single match? It's pathetic that they actually are willing to do this, as I always see people back online that have disconnected.

2. I'm pretty sure in HD Remix you got the win if the other person disconnected. This might be wrong, but as far as I remember that's how it was. They should award you with the appropriate amount of BP and deduct the same amount from the disconnector, as if it was a win and loss. They should be able to do this if they did it for HD Remix.

Some people, like myself, enjoy having SOME sort of ranking system. The win/loss ratio would be sweet if it didn't count ranked matches. My friend and I mess around a lot when we play each other online. Kinda sucks it affects my ratio.

I know I'm not a certified programmer, but hell, that's just my two cents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

2. I'm pretty sure in HD Remix you got the win if the other person disconnected.
    It was, but was glitchy and didn't work all of the time. In the recent patch the disconnect win system works a lot better, for me anyways on the 360.
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Quote Originally Posted by Famidrive-16 View Post
    It was, but was glitchy and didn't work all of the time. In the recent patch the disconnect win system works a lot better, for me anyways on the 360.
    What is it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

What is it?
    It's the way it was originally intended: dropper gets a loss, winner gets a win, and ranking is persistent and doesn't randomly reset itself.

The system in HD Remix before the patch would occasionally give YOU a loss when the other dude dropped. I ended up with a 500 win, 300 loss percentage on PS3, and at least 50 of those losses were drops.

HD Remix is far less glitchy post-patch, but Vega still causes desynching sometimes, which sucks.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

1. It's inconvenient as hell. To disconnect you have to go back to the dashboard unplug your cable or turnoff your 360. Disconnectors usually really fucking suck, so are they seriously willing to start the game back up after every single match? It's pathetic that they actually are willing to do this, as I always see people back online that have disconnected.
    Not sure about that. I had my second quitter yesterday, disconnected while losing the second round (I won the first) and had a small amount of energy left. When I got back into the search screen and pulled up a list of new people to play, he was already back in the lobby system looking for someone to join and play him according to the results. Lag on the search perhaps?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Not sure about that. I had my second quitter yesterday, disconnected while losing the second round (I won the first) and had a small amount of energy left. When I got back into the search screen and pulled up a list of new people to play, he was already back in the lobby system looking for someone to join and play him according to the results. Lag on the search perhaps?
    I don't have an explanation for that. Generally, I'd say it'd be inconvenient though.

I really hope a lot of you guys aren't backing these disconnectors. Legitimate strategy my ass.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Indeed. Given it took all of 20-25 seconds for me to pull up another search, to see him immediately back there was a bit of a surprise. Now usually I go find battles and don't host as I prefer being on the right hand side; could being host allow you to do something? And no, I don't condone the disconnects, if I lose, I take it. Sometimes really frustrating against stupid opposition who get lucky or spam a move set over and over again.

Still I have made it over 1,600BP so making progress here, slowly but surely...

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I'd assume since he was back there, he didn't quit the game or turn off the system. The disconnector most likely had a router and just pulled the cord and plugged it right back up. Pulling out a modem cord the modem does take a little time, but the connection to a router that's broken will pull up in about five seconds. So yeah. Broken connection between the PS3 and it still probably disconnects.

My friend was over the other day, doesn't own Street Fighter 4. First match I showed him online and it was a disconnector. No one else disconnected, but it's still bullshit. The other thing is that some of these disconnectors are pretty good. I mean. If they win, obviously they won't disconnect, but when they almost lose you know they're going to. So someone could play good, but still be just as much a pussy as the other cheaters. It also makes you think if all the close matches the people aren't disconnectors as well. I just message the people and lie to them, saying that I took a picture and will email Capcom their disconnection. It usually gets me more than one reply back about how they don't care, which usually the second time when you don't answer whining about "If you want to play another match you can add me and we'll play." Scared that they'll get their PSN's banned. A simple lie probably stops them from disconnecting from anyone else.

*edit*

Three out of five games I won people disconnected from. Thankfully the only person I lost to was ranked 5000+ and I only lost 4 points, but this is bullshit.

--

Got my first Double KO. It was Ryu against Ryu. 3900 rank against my 3400. I ended up gaining 29 of his points, probably because I'm lower rank. I hate trophies and gamerscore, but too bad there is no Double KO trophy.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 03-25-2009 at 07:29 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

On a side note, I finished a couple people's Hard trials. Here's who I've done:

Cammy
    Sakura
    Ryu
    Ken
    Akuma
    Dan
    Guile
    Sagat
    Zangief
    Seth

Some of em ain't bad, but others are just awful o_O Cammy's second was pretty difficult, but her trials were the first ones I finished.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

4250BP. 1700 in the rankings. Would be a higher rank if didn't get disconnects. Fewer than before though.

*edit*

It's 9:00PM CST. The only asshole I get in a game with stays there and disconnects me from his game every time(without starting it.) I haven't got a single match since 8:20. I've been pressing the X button the entire time and "could not play" repeatedly except this stupid ass fucker who is a pussy and won't play a match. I've been watching a movie while waiting for a match in my difficulty. 40 fucking minutes. Crapcom also needs to fix actually getting in a game. I understand "unable to play someone else joined before you," but stop that "unable to play" bullshit that I get 99% of the time.

Might as well beat noobs and get 1BP per match. Yay.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 03-28-2009 at 09:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

These Hard Trials honestly ain't that bad. Has anyone done them all? I finished the entire first column (the original 8 characters). I'm working on Balrog right now.

As for BP, I'm at 7506 right now. I realized that I can't enter ranked matches unless I've used Cammy for at least a half hours worth of gameplay so I'll be spot on with all my combos and stuff. Lately I've also been doing Player Matches. Gouken is my secondary main He's fun as hell to use. Plus, he's the closest thing to Karin with all of his counters. If only she was in the game...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

What was bullshit I was playing arcade mode with my search priority as ranking and "more skilled." Ended up only giving one person that actually gave me 30 points. Everyone else I got 1BP from and then after about 15-20 matches of winning, I fought another turtling Sagat who had no HP twice on both the second and third rounds, but he had about 3000 BP and I still lost 100 points. Just Because Crapcom's shitty matchmaking system that when you're in arcade even when looking for more skilled opponents you get people ranking from 0-3000.

What's more bullshit is that during that Sagat fight, I went from Shoryuken to the Ultra on the third round to kill him(which is actually really easy like you guys said,) but since it was lagging during that match, it didn't catch the motion which he stayed back doing fireballs and then caught me with a Tiger uppercut LP/MP/HP when I jumped forward over one of them. If that lag wasn't there he wouldn't have won. I would have probably gained 30BP. Yay for shitty match making systems. You both can't get in a battle usually and then you get fucked by a low ranked turtle even though you're searching for more skilled. Way to go Crapcom.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 03-29-2009 at 06:32 AM.