Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: The Street Fighter IV thread

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I played some more on Championship yesterday and played a few battles in the second rank. The fourth and final match of the next rank was a pretty awesome fight. I uploaded it as my video, but then it didn't show on the rankings. I'll go back today and maybe it'll show.

I also won about six more times and it went back to the main screen saying I disconnected. Bullshit. Then there was one time I lost against the final match and it did it again. One time I played a match against someone and it did it, then he was the same person I just beat and that was only the second match it did it, he asked how I'm fighting him again so quick, told him because of the bullshit that is Crapcom.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I'm still trying to get used to the SFIV TE Arcade Stick. TK Cannon Strikes are so much easier to do now, causing more combo possibilities and confused. However, my muscle memory really needs to build using the stick. I've used a pad my entire life, and I'm finally ready to convert.

Seems like to be truly "pro" you have to master using a stick. Kinda like driving...

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want a TE stick, but I am not paying more than retail. All the goddamn scalpers on eBay buy out the online shops with multiple accounts and flip them at double the price.

Giganticus breathalizer Mr Mort's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you're talking about the 360, try the Hori Real Arcade Pro EX.

The stick itself is identical to the one on the TE stick, and the buttons are only a slight grade lower, otherwise the guts of the stick are the same as the TE, and it has a slight angle to the top surface which I prefer. I tried the TE stick, actually liked the HRAP EX better, but it's getting scarce to find also, but not as outrageously expensive as a TE stick. It's an excellent alternative.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

Quote Originally Posted by XYXZYZ View Post
    I want a TE stick, but I am not paying more than retail. All the goddamn scalpers on eBay buy out the online shops with multiple accounts and flip them at double the price.
    look around forums I've seen them go for retail or less-for instance I sold mine for less than retail to move it quickly when I sold my ps3. Now I'm debating getting one for 360 with SF4 or going hori cause I know I'm going to get SF4 again among other fighters and shmups for 360

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Wow. This is nice. I'm in G2-E and started playing again today. I just fought seven Sagats in a row, two of those were people I already played before. I guess double blind really doesn't make people stray from the pussy god tier character as Nirvana said. First time got past Sagat on first match, Sagat on second match, and then lost on Sagat on the third match. Second time was the same. Third time I lost against Sagat on the first match.

Infact, I've been playing for atleast an hour and I've fought only three Abels(same person,) a Ryu, two El Fuerte(same person) and the rest were Sagat.

Maybe Crapcom can add some balance to Street Fighter 5 by doing one thing. Putting Sagat as the only character since that's who most everyone is going to use anyways. Maybe put Blanka as a secret character for some variety since 99% of the time I'm only fighting those two(which oddly enough, I didn't fight one Blanka today.) It's just pretty bs how much more overpowered Sagat is on this specific version of Street Fighter than all other titles he's in. The reason I dropped him and then couldn't really come back to playing him is that everyone plays as him, it's like playing Sagat against Sagat every fucking match. Since he's a bit slower and literally everyone who uses him turtles, then it's hard to actually counter turtle them and battles take much longer(I'd rather not throw Tiger Shots all day long every match until there's an opening or until the other person messes up and gets hit with the one I threw or the other way around, because the way everyone plays on here, that's exactly how the matches would be.)
    Last edited by kupomogli; 05-06-2009 at 06:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Then I must be pretty lucky. Then again, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't even give a shit if I keep facing the same character. Only person I really can't stand seeing is other Cammy's, and that's because they don't even deserve to main her. All they do is spam Spiral Arrow/Cannon Spike, and are open to punishment everytime I block one or the other. Then they get amazed and send me a friend request asking if I can teach them combos, then I decline.

Anyway, I really want to start using El Fuerte. I love the wake up games he can play, but I'll have to get 100% used to using the TE stick. Not to mention, I can only land 2 of his Heavy Punches when doing his run-stop-fierce combo. I want to at least be able to land 3, if I do end up using him.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Yeah, El Fuerte is fun to play, though I have serious problems with the Blanka/Fuerte matchup, assuming the Fuerte knows what he's doing. My Blanka is all about weird cross up games on wake up, and a good Fuerte takes that right away from me. It's a problem.

Personally, I've been really enjoying the Championship mode. People play harder, and I've run across far fewer flowchart characters now that I've hit G2.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

I see a percentage of Sagats at the G2 level, but I've also been getting plenty of Blanka, Ryu, Cammy, Abel, Akuma and Bison. Then there's the occasional Ken, Gouken, Fei Long, Honda and Chun Li. Quite varied overall, by comparison to earlier...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Holy crap, it's been ages posting here. I intend to do so more after I'm done with finals in two days (and change my avatar), but I just wanted to mention two things:

A: The all-in-one costume pack is out on the XBLA, and I intend to pick it up soon.

B: Anyone with a 360 and SF4, I await your challenge! My gamertag for XBL is "ContraVania". G-Boobie can attest to my skill; while I'm not the best fighter out there, I intend to give you a good fight nonetheless.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

3500GP on Championship. The reason I keep going back to the game even though I dislike it is the mutiplayer. As for the game itself, I still haven't beaten it with all characters on Medium so I don't even have Akuma or Gouken and doubt I'll ever get them.

It's a miracle. Today I fought very few Sagats and Blankas so raised my rank up considerably. All the Sagats and Blankas that I did face except for one Sagat I beat. I lost quite a few battles because I had a full second lag between button press to when the game actually reacted to it. I think I'm going to run an ethernet cord from my modem instead. On SF4 it seems very noticable on slight occasions, but I can play a game like Unreal Tournament 3 and have absolutely no problem with the lag(why when on Unreal I'm usually playing atleast 10+ people and this is only 1 vs 1?)
    Last edited by kupomogli; 05-11-2009 at 04:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Something odd happened to my twice. I've been deducted GP somehow. It get this message that I stupidly skip because I am too busy pressing A, wanting to quickly get into another quick match. I got deducted about 700 GP o_O So I went back to G2-E, but now I'm at about 3600 GP. I did pretty well tonight; I beat a couple Balrogs and Guiles, which is pretty damn tough with Cammy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

To anyone living in the Metro Detroit area, the American Fun Center in Oakland Mall has just gotten in two sets of Street Fighter 4 cabinets. If you're looking to play competition in the arcade as god intended, here's your shot! We've got some pretty good players around here...one got 2nd in the big Midwest Championships yesterday!

They also have new versions of Drummania, Guitar Freaks, and Tekken 6 :P
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I actually started playing again yesterday. Last post was actually last time I touched the game since. I decided to start playing wired on online and I haven't got any lag except one person I played(who I had a good connection with yet it was lagging like hell so I think he was making it lag.)

At 4100GP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I'm at about 21XXX GP right now. Championship mode is a little flawed, as the rankings go by "who has the most time on their hands." With that being said, I understand that it is difficult to find an accurate measure of ranking the players online in this game.

Still using Cammy, and I don't care what the tier listing says. I honestly think I have a fair shot against anyone. E. Honda, Balrog, Sagat, you name it.

On an interesting note, I fought 0 Ryus or Kens today and I played for about an hour and a half. Isn't that interesting?

needs food badly. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Schlimtor
    PSN
    Schlimtor

Just outta curiosity, how many of you SFIV players have actually completed all the HARD trials? I've pretty much given up. My fingers just aren't that fast anymore.
    "Red Warrior needs food badly."

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Red Warrior View Post
    Just outta curiosity, how many of you SFIV players have actually completed all the HARD trials? I've pretty much given up. My fingers just aren't that fast anymore.
    I've gotten through Blanka's, Vega's, M.Bison's, and only need the last two for Honda. I haven't even tried most of the others: I'm a charge character kind of guy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Quote Originally Posted by Red Warrior View Post
    I did. In fact, I have gotten all of the achievements for SFIV.

The hardest ones were C. Viper, Gen, and Fuerte. It took me a bit to do that damn Fuerte Heavy Punch x3.

Which ones are you having trouble with?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I've done Ryu's, that's it. I honestly think the system has been changed in attempts to help noobs pretty much.

I mean seriously. Just frame attacks are fine, it shows skill. However. Street Fighter 4 also memorizes your last button presses on certain occasions. Take it if you're using a character like Ryu or Sagat, doesn't matter as they both have a fireball, and you use a jumping kick and then come back from that with a low punch. You can move the direction forward without hitting the attack button a second time to throw out the fireball(no second punch needed.) If you happen to motion a second time, it still remembers the previous motion still, and using the special if hitting an attack, it'll also use the special. Extremely noob friendly.

Why this is stupid is because all the hard trials consist of just frame attacks and almost every single one of them consists of a ducking attack. Because it captures your previous motion, you have to literally be godlike to release every button and then in a fraction of a second, still do that just frame attack with a Shoruken type attack(still using characters like Ryu and Sagat as examples) and EX cancel. Most of the time the game will still memorize your last buttons and still pull off an attack.

I hate Tekken, but Tekken does it good. You press the buttons in a row and all the attacks come out how you pressed them regardless if you pressed them far before the attack showed on screen or not. Or there are other games that do the just frame attacks but the only time the attack will appear on the screen is during the time you do your current attack. Street Fighter 4 has the shitty concept of including them both.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 06-14-2009 at 08:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DKTheArcadeRat

I could use some people to fight against so I can boost my Zangief skill against different types. GamerTag is DKTheArcadeRat for the Xbox Live crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    ebay is the only way to price things in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    i was like nice parenting, what are you my therapist, take a walk