Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Schlimtor
    PSN
    Schlimtor

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
    I did. In fact, I have gotten all of the achievements for SFIV.
    Yeah, I KNOW you did. Your presence at the top of the digital press 360 leaderboards in SFIV pretty much proves that. Unbelievably impressive btw. I guess I should've said "anyone other than Cannon Spook".

The hardest ones were C. Viper, Gen, and Fuerte. It took me a bit to do that damn Fuerte Heavy Punch x3.

Which ones are you having trouble with?
    Oh... pretty much all of them.
    It's ok though. I went through some serious hell completing the Normal trials. I ain't about to kill myself trying to do the Hard ones. I've done maybe 7 or 8 (individual trials... not characters) and that's it for me. The others were just too insane for my feeble skills.
    "Red Warrior needs food badly."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

If it makes you feel any better, more than half of those trials are completely unpractical. It's a fraction of some of the bigger combos that you're more likely to use, as opposed to the whole thing. For example, a lot of those combos require a full Super meter and Ultra meter. Although there are occasions where that will happen, it's not likely that it will happen at a consistent basis.

I did all of the Hard Trials on a fightpad. o_O I look back on that and I'm just thinking about how I can barely even use a fightpad anymore. It's so much easier doing the technical combos with a stick.

Anyway, if anyone wants to do some nice casual matches where it's not our main vs. our main every match, just send me a request. But leave a message saying you're from here, otherwise I will decline, as I'm sure many of you would if you saw a random request ^_^

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Nirvana's right, especially when you're playing online and dealing with lag and latency. Link combos don't work very well when you have less than four bars.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mort View Post
    If you're talking about the 360, try the Hori Real Arcade Pro EX.

The stick itself is identical to the one on the TE stick, and the buttons are only a slight grade lower, otherwise the guts of the stick are the same as the TE, and it has a slight angle to the top surface which I prefer. I tried the TE stick, actually liked the HRAP EX better, but it's getting scarce to find also, but not as outrageously expensive as a TE stick. It's an excellent alternative.
    This is good advice, but there's one more thing to keep in mind. All of the HRAP sticks with game-specific artwork have soldered connections, while the plain ones have quick disconnects. I have no idea why they do this, but if you want a stick that is hassle-free to mod or repair, stick with the plain sticks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

That reminds me, I've been looking into getting custom artwork onto my TE stick. I see that this site has information on making it more convenient for me:

http://www.tek-innovations.com/artho...products&cat=1

I am just looking into how exactly to put the thing on once I get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

I've been working on getting better with Rufus, and my, that guy is a lot of fun to play. I especially like how not-link-heavy he is compared to some of the other people I play. I definitely need to start hitting up local tourneys again in that game.

Also, I have received word that the local SF4 machines have Akuma unlocked, so that's a plus. I'm also going to shill for the arcade, and point out they also have Tekken 6 and Tekken 6 BR :P
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Off the cuff question: how the Hell do you unlock the "Sunny Daze" trophy/achievement? I have 80 hours put into the PS3 version and 50 hours put into the PS3 version: I guarantee I've gotten at least 365 ultra/super finishes. Does it just count online wins? Or do local matches and arcade mode count too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    Off the cuff question: how the Hell do you unlock the "Sunny Daze" trophy/achievement? I have 80 hours put into the PS3 version and 50 hours put into the PS3 version: I guarantee I've gotten at least 365 ultra/super finishes. Does it just count online wins? Or do local matches and arcade mode count too?
    It counts everything. check how many medals you have. Although it counts arcade mode and versus, it'll give you a rough estimate.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I don't have the Sunny Daze Trophy either. I've gotten the other two a really long time ago, too. I'll check my medals though, never knew/thought about that.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

It counts everything. check how many medals you have. Although it counts arcade mode and versus, it'll give you a rough estimate.
    Actually, the stupid thing just unlocked on the PS3 . Thanks for the info, though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I wonder if Capcom is going to do anything during the sales of BlazBlue and KOF. I know for a fact there will be a ton of SFIV players jumping ship.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

I wonder if Capcom is going to do anything during the sales of BlazBlue and KOF. I know for a fact there will be a ton of SFIV players jumping ship.
    I don't think so. Street Fighter is the only 2D fighting game to ever go truly 'mainstream'... Some of the hardcore crowd will jump ship (or at least check out) Blazblue and KoFXII, but there are plenty of people who aren't into fighting games per se: they're into Street Fighter. SF4 sold two million copies or so... There's no way that BB or KoF get even close to that. Capcom doesn't have much to worry about as far as 2D competition goes.

On the other hand, Marvel vs Capcom 2 comes out the same week as Blazblue. It's possible that's intentional... But I doubt it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    I don't think so. Street Fighter is the only 2D fighting game to ever go truly 'mainstream'... Some of the hardcore crowd will jump ship (or at least check out) Blazblue and KoFXII, but there are plenty of people who aren't into fighting games per se: they're into Street Fighter. SF4 sold two million copies or so... There's no way that BB or KoF get even close to that. Capcom doesn't have much to worry about as far as 2D competition goes.

On the other hand, Marvel vs Capcom 2 comes out the same week as Blazblue. It's possible that's intentional... But I doubt it.
    Haha, forgetting Mortal Kombat? :P It was definitely more popular than SF during its 2D phase.

BB and KOF will get hardcore fighting game players like they always do, and probably draw in more new players that never gave Guilty Gear or older KOFs a shot. But I don't think there's much chance of them going mainstream like SF4 has.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Street Fighter was huge back in the SNES/Genesis days, but from PSX/N64/Saturn onward the Street Fighter series has really stopped selling in comparison to before. Street Fighter 4 is the first game in the series in a very long time to revitalize the series atleast when it comes to sales.

Anyways.

KoF12 is taking a similar look to SF4 in what is most likely an attempt to get more sales(just not as 3d.) I'll buy it if I hear that most people play as Mai.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 06-20-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    Haha, forgetting Mortal Kombat? :P It was definitely more popular than SF during its 2D phase.
    ... Oh yeah. I'm an idiot.

BB and KOF will get hardcore fighting game players like they always do, and probably draw in more new players that never gave Guilty Gear or older KOFs a shot. But I don't think there's much chance of them going mainstream like SF4 has.
    ...But yeah. I agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Street Fighter was huge back in the SNES/Genesis days, but from PSX/N64/Saturn onward the Street Fighter series has really stopped selling in comparison to before. Street Fighter 4 is the first game in the series in a very long time to revitalize the series atleast when it comes to sales.

Anyways.

KoF12 is taking a similar look to SF4 in what is most likely an attempt to get more sales(just not as 3d.) I'll buy it if I hear that most people play as Mai.
    Mai isn't playable in the new KoF12

Fighting games are my favorite genre, so I'll definitely be checking out both BlazBlue and KoF12.

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/offici...ter/index.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Thanks to Nirvana, possibly, I finished Sagat's hard trials. Also Ken's and Chun-Li's afterward to go along with Ryu being the only one I've finished the hard trials.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Honestly, you'll think they'll be impossible. But just keep going at it. Viper's trials were the ones that made me o_O the most, but they are not that bad once you just sit down and take your time.

I'm so mad I missed the Midwest Evolution event.

Insert Coin (Level 0) SurfKahuna's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    Actually, MK was never as popular as SF in the world domain. Sure, MK had more part-time players (especially in the US), but the true realm of fighting games has always been owned by other titles including SF. Fighting game tournaments around the world have centered on SF for years, including when MK was in its prime.

Speaking of tournaments, was anyone here at Devastation 2009 this past weekend in Phoenix?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by SurfKahuna View Post
    Actually, MK was never as popular as SF in the world domain. Sure, MK had more part-time players (especially in the US), but the true realm of fighting games has always been owned by other titles including SF. Fighting game tournaments around the world have centered on SF for years, including when MK was in its prime.

Speaking of tournaments, was anyone here at Devastation 2009 this past weekend in Phoenix?
    I would disagree. MK was a huge tournament game up through UMK (which still has hotspots throughout the US, South America, etc.) in arcade and MK Trilogy on console (which is still popular in oddball places like the Caribbean). In Detroit and elsewhere, SF2 peaked with Champion Edition and Hyper Fighting, with Super and ST never really taking off. The major arcades around here back then were wall to wall with MK machines, with a hell of a lot more players than SF was getting. Same with tourneys. It may be true that MK never was very popular in Asia, but do not discredit it.

Part-time players may get mocked, but they're the largest audience for fighters, and games in general.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    Infinite Lives