Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice needed: dumb eBay buyer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    You don't know the situation and the e-mails curing at you and threatening you.
    There is no plausible situation where a seller should keep the money AND the item from an ebay transaction. If you're so thin-skinned you can't handle a bad customer on ebay (he was SWEARING....??? OH NO) without flipping out and stealing his money, perhaps you should follow my advice above and never sell anything to anyone ever.

Enjoy your ill-gotten $400 I guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    There is no plausible situation where a seller should keep the money AND the item from an ebay transaction. If you're so thin-skinned you can't handle a bad customer on ebay (he was SWEARING....??? OH NO) without flipping out and stealing his money, perhaps you should follow my advice above and never sell anything to anyone ever.

Enjoy your ill-gotten $400 I guess.
    It was years ago, nothing to enjoy. You don't know the situation, or you don't like anti-heroes. I wouldn't do it to you or the next guy. Threatening me is a no no. Like I said, his negative feedback also pointed out he always did this sort of thing. Hopefully, he learned his lesson.

For all I know, he got the money back anyway with an insurance claim at the PO, since he asked for the insurance slip and I mailed it to him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

It's easy to win an Item Not Received dispute. Just enter in the tracking/delivery confirmation code that proves the item was delivered (assuming the courier did their job). I haven't had any problems with those recently, aside from a few rogue Canadian idiots. Like I said above, Not As Described disputes are a whole 'nother story.
    At least from the last few transactions I had to file a dispute for, the seller may not always win if its a INR dispute w/ Delivery Confirmation.

In all the cases I've had regarding INR, there were two or more items in question. For example, last transaction was for 5 SMS games from the UK. The seller sent only three of the five games. She said that they were sent separately and that I should get them soon. Never did (even to this day, around 4 months ago). I formed a claim, but I did state that the package was received but that items were missing. I won the case.

In another similar situation (two FDD drives for my Thinkpah 760E), only one was received. The seller was adamant that he sent both FDD's. Ebay asked him to prove his claim. He lost, I won. I used the money to get it from another seller.

I'm guessing it's about quantity in order to win a INR.

heh, reminds me of the time i sold a factory sealed legend of zelda to a guy for a ton, but i mailed him an apple core in a padded envelope with delivery confirmation. because it showed up as delivered, i got to keep the money AND the game

pretty cool, eh guys?
    You are giving me...ideas.

Nah, I tried to do that, but my conscious got to me. I coildn't complete the scam (the item was a $4 IBM PCI bracket, so nothing big anyway). Still, I just couldn't con the seller, even if he was a total prick.

Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    Don't compare the two. In that case you would be preying on the innocent. I hit the scammer hard. I wouldn't do it to anyone who didn't deserve it.
    Dunno why, but this reminds me of a 419 scam.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!