Thread: LotR: Conquest (My review)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default LotR: Conquest (My review)

I first started out playing the Lord of the Rings: Conquest demo off of the playstation store. While I must admit I was expecting more and the game seemingly rang hollow, the game has grown on me.

The single player is in one word, short. This is the biggest gripe. The whole campaign both good and bad can be completed in about 3-5 hours and if you're playing co-op possibly less if you both know what you are doing.

Once beaten you can go back and play the game on Legendary which is....not very rewarding yet much more fun. The main grunts you fight are still weak, but the main class enemies are all bumped up and much more tough. It's still somewhat easy if you play co-op, though trying to tackle it on single player will get you the best gaming experience and is really fun! Unfortunately again..... there really is no reason to do this as there are no trophies for this difficulty and nothing to unlock, kinda a bummer.

When it all boils down to it single player is enjoyable, but could have been better with more tweaks and content, regardles the game is fun despite all the control issues people go on about rampantly, which really is no big deal if you have any type of resolve, which most gamers don't seem to have these days "yes that was a slam" .

As far as multiplayer goes, really, what can be said? It's Star Wars Battlefront with LotR characters and anyone who has played SWB knows that it is addicting as can be. You can play this online for hours and have matches that are "meh", but and this is a big BUTT. If you can find two teams that KNOW what they are doing there is no comparison to the insanity that ensues, it's one of the best online games out there atm and is just hella fun.

There is also splitscreen multiplayer, unfortunately it is only 2 player. It's nice they included it, but 4 player would have been much better!

So yeah, I spent $60 on this game and honestly.... i've played it more than most of my other new games, cause it's basically Star Wars Battlefront with an extra single player mode thrown in and new characters and moves.

It isn't all it could have been, but it's a step and considering that I love these types of games it's good enough for me.

Gameplay: 9
    Controls: 6
    Options: 6
    Sound: 8
    Graphics: 8

Overall: 7

Insert Coin (Level 0) krooper13's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played the first few levels of this and I must say I though it was poor, its halfway between Battlefront and Dynasty Warriors, but not half as fun as either, the AI is poor, the graphics are average at best and the gameplay is unispiring.
    I'm having a huge games clearout - aprox 500 items
    Please view what's on ebay right now: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/kroo...rsZ1QQ_fromZQQ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If Homer reviewed this game I think it would be similar to his food critic experience...

Homer: Marge, I'm sorry, but your cooking's only got two moves,
    Shake and Bake.

Homer: This pea soup is as weak as the acting and nowhere near as
    hammy.

Homer: Some come to the Legless Frog if you want to get sick and
    die and leave a big garlicky corpse. P.S. Parking was
    ample.
    With a humble heart, on bended knee...

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Quote Originally Posted by Mianrtcv View Post
    If Homer reviewed this game I think it would be similar to his food critic experience...

Homer: Marge, I'm sorry, but your cooking's only got two moves,
    Shake and Bake.

Homer: This pea soup is as weak as the acting and nowhere near as
    hammy.

Homer: Some come to the Legless Frog if you want to get sick and
    die and leave a big garlicky corpse. P.S. Parking was
    ample.
    You're going to kill this man with a pastry? I've seen him eat a bowl of change!

Sorry had to put that in there. Seems like what I gathered from the demo. I'll wait for the drop as one of my friends who doesn't game much but loves LotR wants to play it.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WGMeets
    PSN
    wgmeets
    Steam
    wgmeets

Awesome, thanks for the review. I played the demo on 360, and it didn't impress me much. Combat was slightly annoying. but I do like SW: B. I might give this another go.