0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WGMeets
    PSN
    wgmeets
    Steam
    wgmeets

Default Kinda gets me pissed (Wii, 360)

So something has pissed me off lately more than ever and wanted to see if it's a bigger problem out there.

I recently got a Xbox 360 for Xmas (Best wife ever!), and am getting into more deeper (story, genre) games. I am coming from a Nintendo lovers place (all my fav systems are Ninty), and am loving it. I'm playing things like Condemned, Forza, Assassin's Creed. Obviously I am checking out 360 games and news more now since I got the 360 fever (teamxbox for the win).

Then every time I turn to Nintendo Wii news, it's always some bullcrap like a Lumberjack game or some mini-game nonsense. This upsets me because I know they can pull of the same types of games (at least story or genre) on the Wii, and it's a great system. I am seeing more and more bull popping up on my favorite system, why won't they try more?! Yes it is selling like hotcakes, but you don't have to fill those cakes with dung.

Yes we are getting Mad World, Monster Hunter and all that awesome stuff, but this doesn't even fill half of the goodness 360 has. I don't know the PS3 stuff so I can't comment. I do know that system reminds me too much of PS2, and I barely played that system so no go for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Muramasa: the Demon Blade. 'Nuff said.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WGMeets
    PSN
    wgmeets
    Steam
    wgmeets

True that, the game looks sick as al hell! I just wish there was of that quality stuff on there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

More games total come out for the Wii than the 360. Good games and "minigame nonsense" are not mutually exclusive. The good Wii games are just as much there as the good 360 games; the only difference is that the good Wii games are accompanied by a larger amount of crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Strawberry (Level 2) Wolfrider31's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I felt the same way when I jumped onto the 360 (and later PS3) bandwagon. For a while there I started to just put up with the garbage on the Wii, but once I sat down with my 360 it was as if I'd finally caught up to what gaming was. The experiences are just so far ahead of anything the Wii can offer and whenever I hear people defending the quality of the Wii as a whole I often wonder if they didn't just "get used to" the sub-par shovelware that makes up most of the Wii's lineup.

That said, there are a few games coming out for the Wii that are peaking my interest. Madworld, Muramasa, Crystal Bearers, NMH 2, Little Kings Story.

Of course even then, that's what's got me excited for all of 2009. I buy more than that for my 360 and PS3 in a month.
    Order Pier Solar at www.piersolar.com

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WGMeets
    PSN
    wgmeets
    Steam
    wgmeets

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    More games total come out for the Wii than the 360. Good games and "minigame nonsense" are not mutually exclusive. The good Wii games are just as much there as the good 360 games; the only difference is that the good Wii games are accompanied by a larger amount of crap.
    Yeah I hear you. I do not think however that the same ratio of good games comes out for both systems. I have been pretty much following Nintendo since the 80's and the Wii since it came out, it was the only current gen system I had. There is just a disappointing factor for me, even with Nintendo games for a bit.
    I love non-game games (if that makes sense) like Endless Ocean, Animal Crossing, and all that good ol Nintendo stuff, but for a while it's been dry as hell on my Wii camp.

Wolfrider: That is extremely true. The whole achievements system, integration of friends, voice chat alone is amazing. Then to bring it all together online and keep it steady and in good connects is awesome. I wish that evil friend code crap N does goes away. I only have like 2 or 3 people I used to play smash with because of that.
    Last edited by demen999; 02-23-2009 at 03:49 PM.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wii gets much less quality third-party games because it's simply nowhere near as powerful as the PS3 and 360. Developers can't make the type of games they want for it, since Nintendo chose to use underpowered hardware compared to the competition. It's easier and makes more sense to make a spinoff of a popular franchise (Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles) or a mini-game compilation for less money and then use that to fund their big-budget PS3/360 projects than it would be to make a high-quality Wii exclusive game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm looking forward to both the Conduit and Punch Out on the Wii. As for it's lack of good games, thats starting to turn around alittle bit. EA is now going to bring ALL it's major games to the Wii because of how much money they lost last quarter. So ports of Dead Space(and perhaps Mirror's Edge) are forthcoming. And this trend may continue since the Wii has the largest install base.

I think most developers who havn't supported the Wii that much have made their decision based on specs alone. Since they can't make their games as graphically intense as they can on the 360 and PS3 they just decided to pass it by all together. But now more than ever they need to atleast try to support the Wii more if they want a chance at making more money. However, Nintendo games are usually the ones making money on the Wii so......
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 03-16-2009 at 08:21 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Here is Wii 2009:

http://gametz.com/forum/USER%253A946...21384.html#new

I've been one of those that has had a hard time finding something I want for Wii other than Nintendo releases. 10 of those games on that list make me excited again for Wii. I can't think of everything that's coming/out for 360/PS3 this year but of the ones I can, I want these:

Resident Evil 5
    Street Fighter IV
    Bionic Commando
    Bayonetta
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope
    Borderlands - maybe, I've never liked any FPS I've tried, but this one is an RPG. I put 100 hours into Fallout 3 and it was nice but shooting wasn't fun for me.
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    I think most developers who havn't supported the Wii that much have made their decision based on specs alone. Since they can't make their games as graphically intense as they can on the 360 and PS3 they just decided to pass it by all together. But now more than ever they need to atleast try to support the Wii more if they want a chance at making more money. However, Nintendo games are usually the ones making money on the Wii so......
    You've got it backwords. Because the Wii isn't as powerful as the 360/PS3, game developers can't re-use code from the other platforms, they generally have to build the game engine from scratch or just hire an outside developer to make their Wii games. Considering how crappy the attach rate is, publishers have decided that porting games to the Wii isn't profitable.

EA hasn't had to make quality games for almost 10 years now, they've always been the 900 lb gorilla in the industry. Now that they've lost that status, they're willing to try anything.

As an aside, the fact the renderware engine is garbage has hurt EA far more then they're willing to admit.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People have very short memories. I understand that as of late the Wii hasn't exactly had any first class games while the 360 and PS3 had a killer holiday season, but once you consider that the Wii is home to the likes of Galaxy Twilight Princess Mario Kart SSBB Prime 3 and Zack and Wiki to name a few, you, at least I remember, that the Wii has just as many quality games as the other systems.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    I'm loking forward to both the Conduit and Punch Out on the Wii. As for it's lack of good games, thats starting to turn around alittle bit. EA is now going to bring ALL it's major games to the Wii because of how much money they lost last quarter. So ports of Dead Space(and perhaps Mirror's Edge) are forthcoming. And this trend may continue since the Wii has the largest install base.

Dead Space Wii isn't a port, it's an on-rails shooter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IMO theres a lot of crap on all the systems, its just Wii gets the crappiest of the crap and the highest volume of crap.
    Bury me with my money......*dies*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by demen999 View Post
    Yeah I hear you. I do not think however that the same ratio of good games comes out for both systems. I have been pretty much following Nintendo since the 80's and the Wii since it came out, it was the only current gen system I had. There is just a disappointing factor for me, even with Nintendo games for a bit.
    I love non-game games (if that makes sense) like Endless Ocean, Animal Crossing, and all that good ol Nintendo stuff, but for a while it's been dry as hell on my Wii camp.
    I dunno about ratio, but there are more Wii games that interest me compared to the other two platforms. And I can't stand Animal Crossing or Endless Ocean. I'm not even that big of a Nintendo fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShawn
    Please highlight what a douche I am.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jackattack View Post
    People have very short memories. I understand that as of late the Wii hasn't exactly had any first class games while the 360 and PS3 had a killer holiday season, but once you consider that the Wii is home to the likes of Galaxy Twilight Princess Mario Kart SSBB Prime 3 and Zack and Wiki to name a few, you, at least I remember, that the Wii has just as many quality games as the other systems.
    Of course people have short memories. The way this industry works is that people buy new games on a regular basis once they have beaten them or become bored of them. The fact that Nintendo had some great games a year or two ago that they are still trying to sell at full price is a testament to the fact that they are continuing to play by their own rules and don't really care to create the kind of model that will allow third party publishers to actually have an incentive to develop for their system. I know it's profitable for Nintendo, but as a gamer who constantly needs new games to play and enjoy, I'm not interested in replaying old Wii games I already own and beat long ago.

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Wii has games with short length with replay value. 360 has games you could spend years trying to finish everything in (looking at you, DOAX2). I will be playing my 360 titles for ages and still not have them all totally done. Wii stuff I might get in the mood for once every couple months and run through again.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Of course people have short memories. The way this industry works is that people buy new games on a regular basis once they have beaten them or become bored of them. The fact that Nintendo had some great games a year or two ago that they are still trying to sell at full price is a testament to the fact that they are continuing to play by their own rules and don't really care to create the kind of model that will allow third party publishers to actually have an incentive to develop for their system. I know it's profitable for Nintendo, but as a gamer who constantly needs new games to play and enjoy, I'm not interested in replaying old Wii games I already own and beat long ago.
    I think you forgot your own argument here. You were saying that the Wii has fewer high quality games than it's competitors, not that you were pissed about them having a poor release schedule. My post was to show that the Wii matches what the 360 has to offer, the games just came out a year+ ago and 360 had its shining moment last holiday season... which is still fresh on gamers minds... Plus can you really blame Nintendo for wanting to sell their games at full price? They top the charts every month and the games are years old!

With games like Mad World, Sin and Punishment 2, and the conduit all relatively soon, and Pikmin 3, Zelda and most likely another Mario, probably Star Fox, and maybe even Kid Icarus, can you really complain about what you'll get to play on Nintendo's System or that it lacks in great games.

Nintendo has always been slow at releasing games, but when they do they are gems. As a Nintendo gamer you should be used to it by now

Really though, I completely understand your point, I haven't turned on my Wii since Mario Kart in May and that hurts. I wish someone would release something worth playing but no one has yet to do so. Mad World and the Conduit are changing that, but it sure took a long time. Off years are bad, (and used to be filled in by Rare) but that's the life of a Nintendo gamer... I console myself by remembering I get to play Zelda and Mario and they are worth it.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jackattack View Post
    I think you forgot your own argument here. You were saying that the Wii has fewer high quality games than it's competitors, not that you were pissed about them having a poor release schedule. My post was to show that the Wii matches what the 360 has to offer, the games just came out a year+ ago and 360 had its shining moment last holiday season... which is still fresh on gamers minds... Plus can you really blame Nintendo for wanting to sell their games at full price? They top the charts every month and the games are years old!

With games like Mad World, Sin and Punishment 2, and the conduit all relatively soon, and Pikmin 3, Zelda and most likely another Mario, probably Star Fox, and maybe even Kid Icarus, can you really complain about what you'll get to play on Nintendo's System or that it lacks in great games.

Nintendo has always been slow at releasing games, but when they do they are gems. As a Nintendo gamer you should be used to it by now

Really though, I completely understand your point, I haven't turned on my Wii since Mario Kart in May and that hurts. I wish someone would release something worth playing but no one has yet to do so. Mad World and the Conduit are changing that, but it sure took a long time. Off years are bad, (and used to be filled in by Rare) but that's the life of a Nintendo gamer... I console myself by remembering I get to play Zelda and Mario and they are worth it.
    Actually, I think I was consistent in my point. The 360 has had consistently good releases since launch. Yes, this past holiday season was a high point, but there is lots of stuff that came out in the last month and is scheduled to come out in the month or two ahead that is just as good (Halo Wars, SFIV, FEAR 2, Resident Evil 5). I hope Mad World and Conduit will be amazing games of this caliber, but they aren't out yet. I don't agree that the Wii has had the volume of great games that the 360 or PS3 have had. There have been some high points, but there have also been a lot of sequels and remakes that barely improved on the originals. Pikmin 3, a new Zelda, a new Mario, Star Fox and Kid Icarus may or may not be in development and they sure aren't scheduled to come out in the next few months. I'm not interested in passing the time I should be spending gaming by having happy thoughts about past games or what Nintendo may or may not deliver in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GenocYder

I've seen quite a few good Wii games, and a Nintendo console has been my favorite console every generation up until the Wii came out. Not that there aren't any good titles its just the 360 has really hit its stride...every Nintendo console that has come out has always been a leap beyond the last system's, and while I'm playing 1080p games on a 47'' tv, Wii is still stuck with 480p and it just looks "ok". I really don't have as big of a problem with the Wii as I sound, its just I know Nintendo can do better than what they have been doing..and I KNOW they will do better, its just there are too many crappy third-party wannabe titles coming out and clogging up store shelves. Just my two cents...
    -=-Proud owner of the Video Game Retirement Home-=-

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well to be honest im kind of disappointed mostly with the wii ... i mean trying to find quality games is hard seems like the games are getting dumber by the min i dont know to me seems like little kids games

i mean why cant they have some real hot action games like on the ps3