Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I finally got a Wii!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Congrats!

And at the same time I have to say that judging from the list of your games so far, it seems like you are consciously avoiding the system's best games
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    There are some great games amongst all the shovelware.
    Unfortunately they are always either A, buried behind the shovelware or B, sold out.
    DERP

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Just visit your parents a few more times then.
    for real... I guess they wanted me to have some games of my own to play while I'm here, instead of just their games... they don't have much that really interests me... they have all 3 bowling games, cause they're both big bowling nuts, my dad has a hunting game, a fishing game, and a football game, and my mom has The Price Is Right... I played that with her today, it was pretty cool... alot more fun than I expected... I may have to get a copy of it for myself sometime, so I'll have a decent multiplayer game for parties, but I'm not paying $40 to buy a copy of it for myself... it was bad enough having to pay that much for it to get it for my mom for Christmas, but she loves it, so it's cool... and I sure can't complain about getting all the games I got as gifts!

Quote Originally Posted by poloplayr View Post
    Congrats!

And at the same time I have to say that judging from the list of your games so far, it seems like you are consciously avoiding the system's best games
    I thought I got quite a few of the best games... so what's supposed to be better than what I have so far? I'm really not a big Mario fan, so that leaves out most of those games, and I'm not really a big Zelda fan either... I might get the Metroid Prime games, but I'm waiting for the 1 & 2 compilation to come out before I get 3, cause if I get those I wanna play them all in order... price has been the biggest factor in my decisions though... otherwise, I'd have all the Sonic games already, and the rest of the best franchises also

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicwolf View Post
    Unfortunately they are always either A, buried behind the shovelware or B, sold out.
    tell me about it... I'd have alot more games and alot more badass games if driving all over town to find them produced better results... I wish my mom wasn't so adverse to shopping online... then I'd prolly have everything that I want, but she hates to use a credit card at all, and she won't do it online... she won't just give me a bunch of cash and let me deposit it in my bank so I can use my debit card either... so I've only been able to get what she could find for me and what I could find in a store... which should be any game I wanted, here in the 4th largest city in America, but nobody stocks every game available for the Wii... not even Fry's... all anyone has is mostly tons of the crap that only kids and casual gamers would care about... or they sold out of it and never restocked it cause they marked it down to practically nothing to get rid of it... I did get a couple good deals on markdowns, but most were sold out by the time I got to the store, even though their ads were still valid, and no rainchecks, so no luck... I still got most of what I wanted the worst though, so I think I did pretty good... and you can't beat FREE! now if I could just get that financial windfall that I was expecting before I leave, I could go buy alot more of the games I want too... I've found a ton of the more expensive games I want here, but my mom won't buy me a bunch of expensive games, so I have to wait till I have my own money for those... I'm lucky she got me the few expensive ones that she found on sale

Quote Originally Posted by BHvrd View Post
    Nice bro, I feel ya.

The Wii has some games I really want like Mario Kart and a few shooters, cause a friend of mine has one and the controls are interesting for sure, Mario Kart is heavenly with Nunchuk and Remote configuration.

Only reason I don't own a Wii yet is cause the hardware itself is lacking imo and a couple of key franchises I was looking forward to didn't quite hit the mark. I do like it plays Gamecube games though, that's a plus.

The system itself is worth owning for Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros. alone, unfortunately I haven't justified paying full price for one yet myself as i'm enjoy the PS3 quite well.
    I'm gonna be very busy checking out all my loot when I get back home... and shopping for more, when the money I've been expecting finally comes in... I hope I don't have as much trouble finding all the games I want in DFW, but it'll prolly be even worse trying to find them all there... so I'll prolly have to sacrifice a few of my wants to pay for shipping & handling on everything I'm gonna have to order from Amazon... but if I can get good deals on all the prices by buying from marketplace sellers, I may be able to get everything for about the same as what it would cost me if I could find it all in a store... I sure hope so... I'm anxious to get everything on my wishlist now, so I can just keep up with new releases as they come out... it looks like there's gonna be even more worth getting in 2009 than there was in 2008, so I wanna be prepared for any massive onslaughts of new Wii games that might occur... not that most of it would be worth getting, but it looks to me like Nintendo is going more for quality now, since they have quantity very well established
    Last edited by Iron Draggon; 03-11-2009 at 11:14 PM.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well my parents got me 2 more games while we were out shopping today, but I don't think they're gonna buy me anymore while I'm here now... we haven't been able to find any of the other cheap games on my wishlist, and I think they've already bought me all the expensive ones they're gonna buy me now

added the following:

Alien Syndrome
    Counter Force

next stop, Amazon!

hopefully that money I'm expecting will come in before I leave, or soon after I get back home to Fort Worth... if it does, I should be able to get all the rest of the games on my wishlist, or at least most of them... not too many that I haven't been able to find in stores left now... just a few of the older titles

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well I'm very pleasantly surprised... my parents got me 2 more games today:

Blast Works
    Geometry Wars

glad I finally got both of those... this way I save alot on shipping & handling!

Get BIT!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First off, shouldn't this whole thread be in the "Finds" forum?

Secondly, i'm not going to fault anyone if their parents buy them cool stuff, but creating a thread just to brag about the thousands of dollars in stuff they're buying you is a pretty dickish move.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    Secondly, i'm not going to fault anyone if their parents buy them cool stuff, but creating a thread just to brag about the thousands of dollars in stuff they're buying you is a pretty dickish move.
    I was going to post pretty much this same thing. I mean, I'm happy for you that you got a wii, but seriously dude wtf? What's with the parents getting you all this stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Me three. Does he have to say "my parents got me..." every time? I mean, from now on that's what we're all going to assume anyway.
    Last edited by RJ; 03-13-2009 at 05:33 PM.
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I guess you guys haven't dealt with him before, but as far as I can tell, he has some kind of mental retardation. I'm not joking or trying to be mean here, I'm actually serious. Spend some time reading his other posts and you'll understand.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I guess you guys haven't dealt with him before, but as far as I can tell, he has some kind of mental retardation. I'm not joking or trying to be mean here, I'm actually serious. Spend some time reading his other posts and you'll understand.

I hope you're happy, I just wasted a perfectly good sip of Schlitz.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Mad World. If you don't buy that, then go away...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    I was going to post pretty much this same thing. I mean, I'm happy for you that you got a wii, but seriously dude wtf? What's with the parents getting you all this stuff?
    Also he started a thread bitching about the price of DLC in Burnout Paradise while simultaneously starting crap threads like this where he brags about how much stuff his parents buy him.

Is there a way to ignore posts by a particular user? Honestly, ID is the first guy in the several years I've been coming to this forum that has prompted me to ask that.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Koch View Post
    Also he started a thread bitching about the price of DLC in Burnout Paradise while simultaneously starting crap threads like this where he brags about how much stuff his parents buy him.

Is there a way to ignore posts by a particular user? Honestly, ID is the first guy in the several years I've been coming to this forum that has prompted me to ask that.
    Go into the member's profile and click 'Add to Ignore List'.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

People, if his posts bother you, then don't click on the thread. It's that simple.

I've also moved this to What's It Worth, because thats more of a finds/bragging type forum that is much better suited for these i gotz moar games bumpz. Also the monthly finds threads work quite nicely as well for a huge majority of the forum members who do posat in there.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

His posts don't bug me, I didn't even recognize the username - I just think it's weird.

To op - how old are you? My parents stopped buying me fun stuff when I was about 13. I was old enough at that point to buy things myself (except necessities of course, they still bought those!). And of course I'd still get gifts for holidays, but nothing like that!

You don't want to know how many odd jobs I used to do to buy AD&D 2nd edition books. Lawn cutting, snow shovelling, garbage cleanup, painting stuff, whatever people living around me needed done. I think I appreciated the stuff I bought more because of it too.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    To op - how old are you? My parents stopped buying me fun stuff when I was about 13.
    His profile says 41.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well it sounds like a bunch of y'all are just jealous to me... so my parents bought me a Wii and a bunch of games to go with it, and that's supposed to make me retarded? if that's the case, there's a bunch of other retards on these boards... sorry, but it's not my fault that your parents don't love y'all enough to buy y'all a Wii and a bunch of games for it too, just because you wanted one and they wanted to get one for you... so don't blame me for it

FYI, I think my parents were gonna do all this for me for Christmas, but they weren't able to find any Wii's anywhere when they were ready to buy one... so this is all just a bunch of belated Christmas gifts... and if bragging about what I got for Christmas is taboo, then there's a bunch of other people on these boards who've made similar threads who shouldn't have done it either

as for my age, what does that have to do with it? do you think it makes you retarded just because your wife bought you a bunch of gaming stuff for Christmas? I've seen lots of threads like that posted here before, and I never thought the recipents of those gifts were retarded because of it... I just thought it was nice that they had someone who loved them enough to do that for them... but if you think otherwise, I feel sorry for you... because it's pretty obvious that you don't have anyone to do stuff like that for you

now, at the risk of sounding like a retard, I bought myself the following today:

GT Pro Series with steering wheel
    Wii Zapper with Link's Crossbow Training

oh yeah, and I used money that my parents gave me to do it... so sue me

maybe if you were nicer people to be around, people would feel like doing more for you... my parents just bought me a new 24" HP LCD HD monitor for my computer too... and they didn't do it cause I'm such a big jerk either

P.S.: if my posts here are supposed to be evidence of my alleged mental illness, I'm not the only one exposing himself here... I've seen lots of posts by some of you that make me question your mental health too... but I'm not so rude that I feel the need to make comments about it every time you post

it could be said that collecting video games is a mental illness in itself... especially if you collect sealed games without any intentions of ever opening them to play them... it's like collecting food without any intentions of ever cooking it and eating it... so be careful who you accuse of being mentally ill, and why you accuse them of it... someone could just as easily find something wrong with you and your collecting habits because of what you post too
    Last edited by Iron Draggon; 03-18-2009 at 09:46 PM.

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon View Post
    now, at the risk of sounding like a retard, I bought myself the following today:

GT Pro Series
    Wii Zapper with Link's Crossbow Training

oh yeah, and I used money that my parents gave me to do it... so sue me
    Oh Lord, this thread just keeps getting better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Maybe the next thing your parents can buy you is some humility. Oh wait, you have to learn that on your own.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

now I'm in shock... I can't believe my parents just got me a new $400 monitor, $400 worth of new Wii hardware, and $400 worth of new Wii games... that's $1200 worth of new stuff! and all this in addition to Christmas, which started with a new $400 bicycle on Labor Day... well, the bike was $100 off, but they also got me $100 worth of bike equipent to customize and maintain it, as well as a new helmet to compliment it too... why am I so blessed now? I've got 20 Wii games now, and that's over half of the ones on my wishlist... so I don't have too much more catching up to do to be current with new releases as they come out... and I already got almost all of the latest new releases that I wanted... it's all simply unbelievable!

got it working on the new monitor, but not in HD... need a different converter box for that... a more expensive one... but the one I got will do for now... it has a DVR and a capture card to record stills and video from any source... so maybe I can use it to take screenshots of all my games sometime... and it was only $36 shipped from Hong Kong... not bad compared to an HD box... I haven't found any with all those capabilities yet... if I do, then I'll upgrade... I was concerned about the Wii in widescreen, but it has a widescreen setting... COOL! hopefully the rest of my consoles won't look too bad on it... when I was setting up the Wii, the screen didn't look stretched very much until I changed the setting to widescreen... not much difference after either

now as for all the smart alecs in this thread, you just WISH you were in my position now, so SCREW YOU... you'd be telling me the same if you were me!

think about it... I know it's amazing that my parents spent $1600 on me in the last 6 months, as well as an equal amount on my sister, and themselves... but all I can tell you is what they told me... they decided they wanted to see me and my sister enjoying some of our inheritance before they were gone... and they're both in the 70's, so who are we to argue with that? if that's what they wanna do, bad economy or not, it's their perogative to do so

Get BIT!