Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I finally got a Wii!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My mom baked me an apple pie when she came to visit the wife and I last weekend. It was delicious!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkhades View Post
    My mom baked me an apple pie when she came to visit the wife and I last weekend. It was delicious!!!
    you bastard!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon View Post
    so my parents bought me a Wii and a bunch of games to go with it, and that's supposed to make me retarded?

I think that idea was determined from some of your past posts, it didnt have anyhthing to do w/ what your parents bought you, or even the fact they're buying you stuff.

& I'm not jealous, even if someone (or I myself) could spend $1600 on games I have nowhere near enough time to play them.

But yeah, people talking about how much stuff they got/have is generally frowned on. It's best to be discreet about all that.
    Last edited by RJ; 03-21-2009 at 06:30 PM.
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon View Post
    now I'm in shock... I can't believe my parents just got me a new $400 monitor, $400 worth of new Wii hardware, and $400 worth of new Wii games... that's $1200 worth of new stuff! and all this in addition to Christmas, which started with a new $400 bicycle on Labor Day... well, the bike was $100 off, but they also got me $100 worth of bike equipent to customize and maintain it, as well as a new helmet to compliment it too... why am I so blessed now? I've got 20 Wii games now, and that's over half of the ones on my wishlist... so I don't have too much more catching up to do to be current with new releases as they come out... and I already got almost all of the latest new releases that I wanted... it's all simply unbelievable!

got it working on the new monitor, but not in HD... need a different converter box for that... a more expensive one... but the one I got will do for now... it has a DVR and a capture card to record stills and video from any source... so maybe I can use it to take screenshots of all my games sometime... and it was only $36 shipped from Hong Kong... not bad compared to an HD box... I haven't found any with all those capabilities yet... if I do, then I'll upgrade... I was concerned about the Wii in widescreen, but it has a widescreen setting... COOL! hopefully the rest of my consoles won't look too bad on it... when I was setting up the Wii, the screen didn't look stretched very much until I changed the setting to widescreen... not much difference after either

now as for all the smart alecs in this thread, you just WISH you were in my position now, so SCREW YOU... you'd be telling me the same if you were me!

think about it... I know it's amazing that my parents spent $1600 on me in the last 6 months, as well as an equal amount on my sister, and themselves... but all I can tell you is what they told me... they decided they wanted to see me and my sister enjoying some of our inheritance before they were gone... and they're both in the 70's, so who are we to argue with that? if that's what they wanna do, bad economy or not, it's their perogative to do so
    I really would prefer to just let this thread die, but since you just have no ability to comprehend anything on an adult level, let me put this in terms you might be able to understand. Nobody here is jealous of you and I think a better analysis of the reaction a lot of us have for you is pity. You seem to have no ability to deal with issues or concepts that anyone over the age of about 18 should have no trouble dealing with. That really is unfortunate, especially if you really are 41 years old.

When people reach a certain age, there is an expectation that they have a good job, maybe own or rent a house, maybe have a family and most importantly, have the ability to break away from the pattern of being dependent on their parents for money and gifts. Do adults still give and receive gifts? Sure they do. But what adults don't do is brag and gloat about the fact that their elderly parents are buying them video games and electronics and more importantly, they don't keep posting the exact dollar amounts as if it matters.

A lot of us make a good living and spend a lot of money on video games and you know what, we don't run onto this board and post all about it every single time. It's not that big of a deal and frankly, nobody cares that your parents spent money on you. People just don't post those kinds of things here or anywhere for that matter. That's the kind of thing that second graders talk about, not grown adults. What they do post is finds in the wild that are really exciting or unique finds or things that aren't just brags about being handed expensive gifts. If you really want to post something interesting, why don't you post about all the nice things you are doing to thank your parents or about how you have told your parents that they don't have to buy you anything else since they have already been so generous. Better yet, why don't you show some class and sophistication and stop adding to this post and just take a break from posting on this board until you work through the issues with your therapist that are preventing you from being a productive adult. Maybe while you're at it, you could enroll in college and get an education so you can actually get a job that makes a few hundred dollars in video games and gifts not seem like that big of a deal.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I really would prefer to just let this thread die, but since you just have no ability to comprehend anything on an adult level, let me put this in terms you might be able to understand. Nobody here is jealous of you and I think a better analysis of the reaction a lot of us have for you is pity. You seem to have no ability to deal with issues or concepts that anyone over the age of about 18 should have no trouble dealing with. That really is unfortunate, especially if you really are 41 years old.

When people reach a certain age, there is an expectation that they have a good job, maybe own or rent a house, maybe have a family and most importantly, have the ability to break away from the pattern of being dependent on their parents for money and gifts. Do adults still give and receive gifts? Sure they do. But what adults don't do is brag and gloat about the fact that their elderly parents are buying them video games and electronics and more importantly, they don't keep posting the exact dollar amounts as if it matters.

A lot of us make a good living and spend a lot of money on video games and you know what, we don't run onto this board and post all about it every single time. It's not that big of a deal and frankly, nobody cares that your parents spent money on you. People just don't post those kinds of things here or anywhere for that matter. That's the kind of thing that second graders talk about, not grown adults. What they do post is finds in the wild that are really exciting or unique finds or things that aren't just brags about being handed expensive gifts. If you really want to post something interesting, why don't you post about all the nice things you are doing to thank your parents or about how you have told your parents that they don't have to buy you anything else since they have already been so generous. Better yet, why don't you show some class and sophistication and stop adding to this post and just take a break from posting on this board until you work through the issues with your therapist that are preventing you from being a productive adult. Maybe while you're at it, you could enroll in college and get an education so you can actually get a job that makes a few hundred dollars in video games and gifts not seem like that big of a deal.
    you know what, it's real easy to sit on your high horse and judge people on a message board based on what you think you know about them from whatever they post... I've seen tons of posts on these boards from most of you over the years, and you can't tell me that no one else here has ever excitedly posted about whatever games and/or systems they got, whether they were gifts or not... how many threads like this were posted when the Wii first came out? tons of 'em... but no one was pissing on anyone else's party then because the Wii was new to everybody... but now just because I'm a few years late to the party, some of you feel compelled to piss on my party and try to make me feel like there's something wrong with me for wanting to share my excitement over my latest new system and games... if that's what you call pity, you have a real fucked up way of empathizing with people... so maybe you should discuss that with YOUR therapist... if my posts bother so many of you so much, then why do you feel so compelled to keep on reading them and responding to them? so you can show all your buds what a big ass you are? sure, try and make me look like more of an ass than you are, go ahead... and then accuse me of being the one making an ass of myself... did it ever occur to you that maybe I just choose to ignore what I don't like, instead of following it around in every post it makes to stir it up some more?

it's been pointed out on these boards more than once that there's an "elite" group of trolls here who do exactly what some of you are doing in this thread and others that I've posted in... you go from Anthony1 to me to whoever else you choose to pick on and pick at because you think you're so much better than they are... and it's usually the guys who have more than you do... but it's not jealousy, no it's just a sick desire to piss on other people's parties, because you can't even throw a party of your own without someone else to piss on... see someone like me throwing a party for himself, and it's on

you wanna give me so much advice and analyze me so much, but you sure as hell don't wanna follow your own advice or be analyzed by someone else... lest you be exposed for the fraud you are, just an internet troll with no life and nothing better to do than troll around accusing others of being the troll... so why not take some time of from these boards yourself, or better yet take time off from every thread I post in and leave me the hell alone... I have better things to do that amuse myself with you amusing yourself over how much worse off you think I am than you are, just because I have more than you do or whatever... you want me to grow up so much, why don't you grow up and just walk away from anything and everything that I post here?

no, that wouldn't be any fun for you, would it? no party to piss on bores you, because your own life is so boring nothing excites you but pissing on other people's parties, trying to piss them off so you can point even more fingers at them and divert everyone else's attention from what an asshole YOU are

it wasn't enough to get my thread moved to another forum, supposedly so you wouldn't have to look at it anymore, no you had to follow it to where it went... because YOU just can't walk away and leave well enough alone... I wonder how many more times you'll all post just to say how much you're supposedly over me and all my posts, instead of doing what anyone who's REALLY over me and all my posts would do and simply not read or reply

now for anyone who really is interested in my posts and what my latest additions to my Wii collection are, read on... today I got myself the following:

Castelvania Judgement
    Soul Calibur Legends

eventually I'll post what I think about all the games that I got as I'm able to spend more time with them, but contrary to the apparent popular beliefs about me here, I do have a life and it's not what you think it is... the vast majority of my collection was purchased by me with my own money that I earned from my own job... so I'm not just the spoiled little rich brat some of you seem to think I am... far from it... I busted my ass to get all the games and systems that I have, so on the extremely rare occaisions that I get a bunch of cool new games and hardware as gifts, you're damn right I throw myself a party to celebrate it, and if that offends you, so much the better

I don't post to please you anymore than I post to offend you, but if you choose to think otherwise, that's your choice... I post to please myself and anyone else who finds what I have to say interesting or entertaining or whatever, just like everyone else on the net... so if that bothers you so damn much, perhaps you should consider retiring yourself from the net, not me... I don't have any sick needs to chase you down in every post you make, trying to get you banned so I don't have to chase you down anymore, just so I can point a bunch of fingers at you, because I'm not even half the troll that you are... if you really bother me, then I simply ignore you and your posts and let you irritate the fuck out of somebody else... I have a life off the net and off these boards, so I don't have to live here chasing you down in every post you make, just to bitch about how much your posts annoy me... I don't pity you and I don't envy you... you're as insignificant to me as a former rental with a disgusting unidentified residue on it that smells awful

as for everyone else, have a nice day... I hope you're enjoying whatever it is that you're playing and collecting as much as I'm enjoying all my new Wii stuff

now if you'll excuse me, I still have a ton of new Wii games to play with a bit more before I comment on them any further... I'm still enjoying my Christmas
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

today I got the following:

Chrysler Classic Racing
    Okami
    Star Trek: Conquest
    Twin Strike

26 Wii games in my collection now

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

I'm really confused.....Is this an EARLY x-mas or LATE x-mas gift???? Or is it some twisted form of the x-mas that just keeps giving?
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by s1lence View Post
    I'm really confused.....Is this an EARLY x-mas or LATE x-mas gift???? Or is it some twisted form of the x-mas that just keeps giving?
    Christmas in July ... err ... April?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let's not start this again...
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    walrusmonger
    PSN
    walrusmonger

I like his avatar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    Christmas in July ... err ... April?
    Sometimes Xmas comes more than once a year.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Sometimes Xmas comes more than once a year.
    Worst ending line in a Bond film ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Draggon, I got an idea, I'm serious about this...why dont you review some of these Wii games you got, that can help out the rest of us who arent so lucky & have to buy them ourselves.

You can post the reviews here, or even start your own review page or something...first you can start w/ a Wii game called Ocean Commander (if you have it) seems scarce in my area (was told by Gamestop no GS in my STATE has it), looks like an underwater shooter I'd like to know more about, the cheapest I can find it for is $20 new.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Hey Draggon, I got an idea, I'm serious about this...why dont you review some of these Wii games you got, that can help out the rest of us who arent so lucky & have to buy them ourselves.

You can post the reviews here, or even start your own review page or something...first you can start w/ a Wii game called Ocean Commander (if you have it) seems scarce in my area (was told by Gamestop no GS in my STATE has it), looks like an underwater shooter I'd like to know more about, the cheapest I can find it for is $20 new.
    Actually, I plan to do just that pretty soon. But not here in this thread! I can tell you that Ocean Commander is really cool, and easily found at most any Best Buy for $20. Ditto for Monkey King. I highly recommend both games to any SHMUP fan. Blast Works & Geometry Wars are both really cool ones too.

I can also tell you that I fail to see what's supposed to be so bad about any of the games I've got so far. I think alot of people are missing the point of many Wii games, because they're expecting it to look and act like another system. Yes, it's an XBOX/PS2/Gamecube with sci-fi controllers and no, it's not a 360/PS3! We get it already, so why the hell don't you? It's all for FUN!
    Last edited by Iron Draggon; 04-20-2009 at 08:53 AM.

Get BIT!

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Well my mom just gave me $5000 in books.

But then they're losing their house to bankruptcy and had to find a place to stash them. So I guess that's not much to brag about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    But then they're losing their house to bankruptcy and had to find a place to stash them. So I guess that's not much to brag about.
    Yowza. That's very illegal stuff. I don't think I'd be posting that on the internet. Seriously, bankruptcy offences are pretty serious and can have either severe cost or penal consequences. You might want to give those books back to her.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    Yowza. That's very illegal stuff. I don't think I'd be posting that on the internet. Seriously, bankruptcy offences are pretty serious and can have either severe cost or penal consequences. You might want to give those books back to her.
    Yeah... anyway they're my books. They were promised to me since I was little, just got them a little earlier than expected. I already had a small collection of my own editions, fantasy stuff like Lord of the Rings, The Belgariad, and Narnia. Time to find a bigger bookcase.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Congrats on all the books, Daria! I assume you must be a very avid reader, since you're so into RPG's. My sister would be jealous. She's very much a bookworm. Sorry the story behind why you got all the books isn't a better one.

As for my story, I just added the following to my collection:

Battle Rage
    Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed
    Emergency Heroes
    Hot Wheels: Beat That
    Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
    Rampage: Total Destruction

I know the two racers are more for kids than adults, but I wanted to get a couple more cheap racers, and I already have most of the ones worth getting. Actually I already have Beat That for the PC too, but I thought it would be cool to get it for the Wii as well, just for the motion controls.

I'm wondering what's up with Battle Rage though. Apparently it's only sold online! WalMart.com says it isn't sold in stores, and Best Buy doesn't even sell it online, which makes no sense at all to me. If it's only sold online, then why the heck isn't it a WiiWare game? Why bother making hard copies of a budget title, just to sell it online only? Is it supposed to be rare, or what?

I'm also wondering what's up with Mortal Kombat. Everyone who has it for sale now says it's rare and out of print. I lucked out and got it for cheap from a guy on ebay, but he said it was rare and out of print too. Is this true? I would expect it to be no more rare than any other MK game, and I sure as hell wouldn't expect it to be out of print already! It doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by Iron Draggon; 05-29-2009 at 10:29 PM.

Get BIT!