Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Killzone 2 out now...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sudo View Post
    It would be absolutely pointless to change the controls, because it'd then play just like every other FPS.
    As for the game not being innovative, I'll disagree there... It's not genre-redefining or anything, but it's better than the majority of FPS in recent memory.
    So if they were to make the controls better, it'd be just like every other FPS? And that's what makes it better then anything else out there? Glad you cleared that up...

I'm pretty bad at most FPS which is why I don't play many of them.
    Oh, now i get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

If they're going to change the controls, they should at least add an aiming feature. Similar to the Call of Duty's or Bad Company...where you "look down the sights" by pressing the LB (or L1 in the PS3's case) button.

The main issue I had (online and single player) was spraying bullets inaccurately whenever I came upon an enemy up close. An aiming feature would take care of that. Other than that...I don't understand what people could be complaining about.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    IT4CH1 UCH1HA
    PSN
    kaleidescope

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    If they're going to change the controls, they should at least add an aiming feature. Similar to the Call of Duty's or Bad Company...where you "look down the sights" by pressing the LB (or L1 in the PS3's case) button.
    under the options , there is an alternate 2 mode for controls which is exactly like you said L1 to look down the sites, that's what i'm using and i find it to make gameplay much easier

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    I Am Your Face
    PSN
    Solertia

I feel like I'm the only person with a PS3 who doesn't care about this game.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    So if they were to make the controls better, it'd be just like every other FPS? And that's what makes it better then anything else out there? Glad you cleared that up...

Oh, now i get it.
    Changing them to be like every other FPS wouldn't make them better. Good job misinterpreting what I was trying to say. As far as my "not playing many of them" comment goes, I do play most of the big games. I've played both Resistances, Bioshock, CoD 4, etc. What I meant is that I don't play the crappy B-level ones and I don't bother playing online since I'm not good enough. The point is that if I can manage to play Killzone 2 more efficiently than most FPS despite it being more difficult than them (and me not being very good at the genre), the controls can't be that bad. And with that I am done with this thread, since I'm not going to continue this pointless argument when it's obvious we're not going to agree on anything.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

So now that's done...

Is it safe to put this on the pile of "games that just don't quite meet the hype?"

Because except for one person...the consensus seems to be good, but not great.
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by scooterb23 View Post
    So now that's done...

Is it safe to put this on the pile of "games that just don't quite meet the hype?"

Because except for one person...the consensus seems to be good, but not great.
    I don't know...I'd say this one still qualifies as "great" (with a few issues).
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

91/100 great? That's what the metacritic score says, but you know how those things go...

I'm really just trying to figure out where this game lives in the PS3 hierarchy.
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

haha i was just talking about this awesome game on another board though it does seem to be really popular right now and lots of people cant wait to get there hands on it lol so the only problem is i wish i had more details

i need to do a little bit more research i guess

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played the demo of KZ2 the other day and wasn't underwhelmed, but wasn't really impressed either. Like most other big names out there at the moment, it just seems like another PC/FPS game that just doesn't feel quite at home on a console.

Furthermore, everything about the game just felt generic and uninspired. Personally, I found the FEAR 2 demo I tried far more enjoyable, and will probably be picking that up instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    lazyhoboguy

I finished single player now and have played several hours of multiplayer. The online controls are different than singleplayers and work great. So everyone bitching about the controls really should just shut up. The single player controls were weird but worked fine with the game. If they were the same in multiplayer then people would have a valid reason to complain, but they're not the same in multiplayer.

Also, I felt like single player was good graphically, but like others have said didnt really do too much new things overall. Like it was good but not revolutionary or anything. But the multiplayer is really really good so that makes up for it. I would give the single player like an 8 out of 10 and multiplayer like a 9.5.
    youtube= http://www.youtube.com/user/Lazyhoboguy
    blog= www.gamespot.com/users/lazyhoboguy/
    My Game Collection= http://lazyhoboguy.webs.com

PS2 Online and PS2 LAN Tunneling (Xlink Kai) game scheduling site:http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Just recently picked this game up and it kicks some pretty serious ass.

It really picks up in act 2 and the action gets pretty intense. I really like that the game is designed in a way that charging into battle is somewhat encouraged. I really like that as Halo 1 had the same opportunities to decide how to play, you don't feel limited. The graphics are great! Really polished and a GREAT pace!

This beats Resistance, Warhawk, Metal Gear Online, CoD and honestly any other shooter out there atm imo "though Battlefield is pretty good too ". It feels more next gen and pushes the envelope ever so slightly to raise above the heap yet stay true to the genre.

If I had to relate it to any other FPS's out there it would be like if you took Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Gears of War and threw in some Halo with a light sprinkle of CoD. It's a nice little experience, i'm very glad I picked it up. Actually should have tried to get it at launch.

Btw, start on hard difficulty!