Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How has the economy affected game price?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

The dollar is actually stronger against the British Pound, the Euro, and Canadian and Australian dollars. Before I could get 59c to the Euro and 50c to the Pound. Now it's at 79c and 71c respectively. I've been buying much more from overseas that I have in a long time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro View Post
    I haven't seen too many "deals" in the area I'm looking at, although I haven't noticed any price increases either.
    Actually, I think I was wrong. I've found a couple things I was vaguely interested in at very nice prices. I haven't collected enough data to say it's a certain trend, but it seems it could be.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icbrkr View Post
    The dollar is actually stronger against the British Pound, the Euro, and Canadian and Australian dollars. Before I could get 59c to the Euro and 50c to the Pound. Now it's at 79c and 71c respectively. I've been buying much more from overseas that I have in a long time.
    Yeah my friend is buying records from the UK like crazy now.

As for games, I spend at least a few hundred a month on games up to almost $1,000 and I would say I've only noticed (if any) a small difference in prices.

Based on the news you'd think things would be going for pennies, but that's not the case. Plenty of people still have plenty of money for small things they don't need (games!). It's the big things that seem to be where the steals are (used cars perhaps, stocks, real estate).

Nate

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I personally haven't noticed any difference online, but Gamestop is still the biggest ripoff when it comes to buying games unless they're new. Economy hasn't affected prices on that note. Support gaming companies more, don't buy used unless you're getting a good price(good price is atleast half price.)
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I personally haven't noticed any difference online, but Gamestop is still the biggest ripoff when it comes to buying games unless they're new. Economy hasn't affected prices on that note. Support gaming companies more, don't buy used unless you're getting a good price(good price is atleast half price.)
    I don't have enough money to "support gaming companies". I'll save whatever money I can. Not that I have much in the way of current systems anyway(and I have an Acekard 2.1 for my DS, so no one gets a dime off that device).

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Games are a luxury.

Uh, except maybe to everyone on this site.
    "If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Flippy8490

I've noticed an influx of eBay stock, because like others have said before me, everyone is selling. But, I guarentee you that store game sales are awful, especially for the $60 Xbox and PS3 titles. I know I cant afford that, and I guarentee most others cannot either. I've only bought ONE game in the past half year at full price (fallout 3), and its because I had been tracking it since it was announced.