Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3DO Collection - What do I offer?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicwolf View Post
    lol. Cant be as bad as Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt for 15 bucks. lol.
    Oddly enough one of my Goodwills was selling that for $8.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

A thrift store near my place has 7 of them in a basket for 2 bucks a piece. lol.
    DERP

Banana (Level 7) SamuraiSmurfette's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Wait, is this the ad you responded to?
    http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ113423041

I'm just asking because if it is, I sold several games to him in the past. None 3DO but still several games. He's a reseller, and prices stuff very high.
    Yeah, that's the guy.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSmurfette View Post
    Yeah, that's the guy.
    I'll write a bit about him as I've dealt with him before. Plenty of times he was planning on buying huge lots of games, and asked me to chip in half the cost for half the games(usually there weren't many good games in the lot or they were all really beat up so I refused to chip in). He actually suggested that we become "business partners" for some reason, I'm just looking to sell off my extras not make a business out of it. He even suggested that while still insisting on testing the games first(at his house) before buying them from me, he didn't trust me even though he already bought stuff from me in the past and I promised to give a refund if they were defective. I told him if he didn't trust me then don't buy from me, I'll just sell it to other people instead(he then agreed to meet with me like I wanted, I didn't deliver to his house again).

I've met with him in person a few times(he lives somewhat close to me). He bought several games off me to resell. The thing is, he arranged to meet and sell games to other people first, then asked to buy the games off me so he could sell them to the other person. He was upset one time when I told him a game he wanted from me already sold, as he promised it to someone else already(even though he didn't have it in his possession). He even asked for discounts since he "was sending me so many customers". He didn't send me any, he bought stuff off me to resell to other people(I actually let people know about his ads in the past, as people asked for games that I didn't have). He actually uses two different emails under different names.

He isn't that great to deal with, he said he'd help fix some broken stuff I had since I helped him out before(several times), only he never got back to me about it. He only contacted me when he needed something from me, and even though he's an electrician(from what he told me), he asked me if I could help him find info to diagnose and repair systems(I thought he should already know this). I had to rush to meet him so he could get the games when he needed them, often several times every few days.

I really hope he never finds out about DP, please don't tell him(this goes for anyone reading this). The first time I sold stuff to him, he asked for $5 off so it would be $40 total(I agreed to this), when I delivered the games to his house he hands me $35 and hopes I don't count it. I tell him he's short so he then says that it's only worth $35 so it should be ok. I agree to this as I'd still be breaking even with the games and I just wanted to get rid of them, but I never do him any favours anymore. After that I was very firm when dealing with him, otherwise he'd try to take advantage of me(either insisting that I deliver the games to him, reducing the total, or accepting other games as trade).

Check out his other ad for Genesis stuff;
    http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ113422835

I believe I sold him the copies of Stormlord and Thunder Force II for $3 each, they both had badly damaged labels. It's possible that he has other copies of the game as it was awhile ago, but it could be the loose games that I sold him. He doesn't really mention the condition of the stuff he sells, as long as it works that's all he mentions.

Sorry for the massive wall of text, that guy just really gets to me. You're lucky you avoided this guy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry for the massive wall of text, that guy just really gets to me. You're lucky you avoided this guy.
    I'm glad that be balked at OP's offer. He sounds like a real prick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

The thing is, he arranged to meet and sell games to other people first, then asked to buy the games off me so he could sell them to the other person. He was upset one time when I told him a game he wanted from me already sold, as he promised it to someone else already(even though he didn't have it in his possession). He even asked for discounts since he "was sending me so many customers". He didn't send me any, he bought stuff off me to resell to other people(I actually let people know about his ads in the past, as people asked for games that I didn't have). He actually uses two different emails under different names.
    What a jackass. Seriously, who tells people that they have games for sale when they are relying on someone else and dont actually have the games in personal possesion?
    DERP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bet he still has the 3DO lot because no one was going to offer him more than $100 for them. And Gameguy--stop doing business with that dumb ass.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicwolf View Post
    What a jackass. Seriously, who tells people that they have games for sale when they are relying on someone else and dont actually have the games in personal possesion?
    "I need to get those games from you tonight, I'm supposed to meet with someone tomorrow!!"

He's not the worst guy I've dealt with(or at least there's others I've attempted to deal with). I honestly don't think he realises that anything he's doing isn't right, or at least comes across as rude. I've come across other people that know what's right, but simply don't care. Several other people told me BS to try and manipulate me in some way, either to go way out of my way for delivery(like agreeing to meet with me, but not showing up, then phoning my cell phone to deliver the games to them somewhere far away) or trying to get a lower price than what was agreed on(agreeing to a price, but then changing their mind in person even after confirming to still meet with me on my cell phone moments earlier). They were seriously worse than him, and just wasted my time and effort. Other people don't care if something works or not when selling, they'll scam you without guilt(even some game store owners don't care if something is stolen or not, one store near me is like this). I can go into more detail about others if needed, there's seriously a lot of people way worse.

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    I bet he still has the 3DO lot because no one was going to offer him more than $100 for them. And Gameguy--stop doing business with that dumb ass.
    It was months ago that I last heard from him, and originally he happened to reply to one of my ads which is why I sold games to him(he does collect games for himself too). I only found out it was the same guy after he offered me games for trade, as he copied and pasted the games from his ads. He just asked if I had any more games so I emailed him lists of what I had, and he mostly bought common games off me that I was glad to get rid of(like loose Genesis commons, including some sports games). He's willing to travel around to sell stuff which might be why he finds more people to buy from him, I honestly don't care as long as I can sell off these games(few people want them). He sometimes replied back with a different email address which is how I know he has at least two of them(I might have replied to one of his ads in the past before I dealt with him, but I found the games were too expensive so nothing happened).

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I always sell from my house/nearby, I never go to anyone, so that cuts out the whole rigamarole of people trying to get me to go far away. I just tell em, sorry, no, I'm on the bus and I'm not about to go running around for a couple bucks.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com