Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleveland, OH. CCAG Sat. May 23, 2009

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Cleveland, OH. CCAG Sat. May 23, 2009

Here's the past 2 posts cut from ccagshow.com & videogameconnection.com, just one correction we are down to 6 remaining tables:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello everyone! Only 10 weeks until the Saturday May 23, 2009 CCAG Video Game Show. All but 9 tables are now spoken for. If you want tables let us know very soon.

We also have a correction to the January Video Game Trader TV on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNJqVVchb7A

The Correct cost for admission is 2.00 for adults and 1.00 for kids 12 and under. All paid admissions come with a FREE Special CCAG Edition Video Game Trader Guide, 3 FREE Chinese Auction Coupons to win some cool and valuable prizes, FREE Arcade and Tournament Play and so much more.

Be There! Mike : )

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CCAG 2009 Saturday May 23rd 2009 Tables, Advertising & M
    by VGC - Wednesday 28 January 15:47

Greetings fellow video game enthusiasts! We at the CCAG show headquarters wanted to share some exciting news and updates with you.

First off, table reservations for the upcoming May 23rd show are now officially being taken. Don’t hesitate! Tables tend to go fast! And you don’t want to miss out on being a part of this exciting CCAG event! Please go to the website WWW.CCAGSHOW.COM and reserve your tables right away!

Second, we are now working with Video Game Trader magazine in an effort to have an exclusive CCAG show themed edition of Video Game Trader. For more information on this magazine go to: WWW.VIDEOGAMETRADER.COM. In addition, we have also worked out with the publishers a special ad rate for CCAG show vendors that wish to have their name or business included in this special edition. This special rate is $19.95 for a quarter page ad. What a great deal! Contact Thomas Sansone at: VGTNJ at aol.com to place an ad. Please use CCAG 2009 VGT AD as your subject. Ads can be a graphic file or PDF 300dpi minimum. The Ad size is 5.25 wide by 2 inches tall. Ad space will be open to Vendors and Sponsors. Video Game Trader magazine is an awesome collecting tool and is always chock full of classic gaming goodness!

Third, although there are many cool events in process for this show we are pleased to present the first “Best Display” contest for all attending vendors at the show! We will be walking around judging your displays on how sparkly your systems and games are and the arrangement of your display. Whoever has the most impressive display will win a cool prize! So, make sure you shine up that old Atari 5200, pick the crust off that NES, and de-gunk that Sega Saturn and make your display as eye grabbing as possible! (Don’t worry, we wont deduct points for yellow tinted SNES systems.)

Well, that’s all for now but there is more to come so stay tuned! We are really looking forward to this next show and we hope you are too. We are racking our brains to make the best show possible! And we are looking forward to seeing you all there.
    Mike and Matt
    Last edited by vgc; 03-08-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    Video Game Connection
    ATARI 2600 to NINTENDO Wii
    Ebay User ID : vgc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Mike is there going to be some more Billy Mitchell Hot Sauce with the custom labels again? I didnt get one last time and want to get one for sure!
    www.worldofgamespublishing.com
    Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Will there be a second show again this year just like in 2008? Or is that going to depend on turnout in May?

I'm a regular attendee but I usually have to miss the spring ones due to a particular work committment that keeps me away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep, its now a twice a year event and runs for 8 hours instead of 4 now, so CCAG is now 4X the FUN! There will be Billy Mitchell Hot Sauce and Many other great prizes avaialbe. See my next post : )

Mike : )
    Video Game Connection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just One Month until the show. For just a mere $2.00 Adult Admission you get:

- A now FULL Size Edition of Video Game Trader ( first 300 Adult paid admissions ) Value 5.99
    - 3 Chinese Auction Coupons to win some fabulous prizes. ( some listed below ) Value $3.00
    - FREE Play in the Vintage Mini Arcade. YES!
    - FREE Tournament play in any Video Game Contest: Atari 2600 Superman Beat the Game Timed, NES Nintendo Campus Challenge ( win the 90.00 Cart! WoW REALLY!!!) and Sega Genesis Sonic 1 Complete first Level Timed. Yeeehaww!!!
    -Talk shop, Buy, Sell & Trade with all the Vendors and Collectors. Priceless!

Here's some of the prizes:

Video Game Connection is donating a $100.00 VGC Shopping Spree
    Chase the Chuckwagon is donating 3 1-Year Free Seller Memberships
    Good Deal Games is donating a Goody Bag
    AVC Online is donating a $25.00 Gift Certificate
    Super Fighter Team is donating a Beggar Prince Sega Genesis Game
    RetroZone/RetroUSB is donating a Nintendo Campus Challenge Cart
    We now have Steve Wiebe Autographed King of Kong Posters! Very Cool!
    We will also have Rickey's Hot Sauce and Twin Galaxies Posters as well!!

be there!

ccagshow.com
    Video Game Connection

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I ll be coming with some friends, i hope to find a few front loading neses and some fz1 3dos
    for a good price. 3 of each would be nice. also looking for a very cheap non working frontloading nes, need some parts.

And some dirt cheap psx and ps2 controllers or extentions. I dont care if they work.
    ill pay a buck or 2
    Last edited by acem77; 05-06-2009 at 03:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Clevelands CCAG Saturday May 23, 2009

Hello Fellow Video Game Junkies! Just 2 weeks until Clevelands Classic Console & Arcade Gaming Show. This will be the best show to date with an Awsome variety of Games, Systems, Accessories and More to Buy, Sell, Trade, Play & Win. We just got some great CCAG shirts that will be on sale at the show and on site afterwards. Pics will be on site soon. Be sure to Practice up on Atari 2600 Superman, NES Campus Challenge: SM3/Pinbot/Dr. Mario & Sega Genesis Sonic the Hedgehog for a better chance to win one of many Fantastic prizes in the Contest games. The Mini Arcade will have a variety of Sweet Classics to play or even try for a Twin Galaxies High Score. The Chinese Auction will have Plenty of Excellent Prizes to use your FREE Tickets to try and win. Additional Chinese Auction Tickets will be available for just 1.00 each or a Lucky 7 for 5.00. Food & Beverages,( Yes, BEER Too ) will be available in the Connected Tavern. Feel free to post the CCAG Forum with what you will be Bringing or Want. I will personally be Bringing Everything form Atari to Wii & some Brand NEW Case Fresh Vintage Vectrex and TG-CD Super CD Games, and I look to buy just about anything cool. Go to www.CCAGShow.com for more information on the show. Hope to see Everyone there. Mike : )
    Video Game Connection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As long as I get 58 hours at work this week, I will be there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Making the drive...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm planning to attend. The only other 'show' I have ever been to was the Cincy-Classic which was rather small. What do I expect? Should I plan on being there the full 8 hours? What if I suck at all the games that are being played? How much money do I need? How important is trading (I'm more of a buyer)?

Anyways...as long as there's a kitchen...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

I'll be there.

Tempest
    --- www.AtariProtos.com ---
    All Your Prototypes Are Belong To Us!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been to Cinciclassic, CGE, MGC, and a bunch of CCAGs. You have to take CCAG for what it is... a nice small size gaming show, flee market style. It used to be free for attendees but the price when from a buck to two this year. Most of the sellers are collectors so you probably won't find anything uber-rare but you will find some bargains. After about an hour or so you will probably get around to all the tables. The addition of the arcade room and tournaments last year was a nice touch. You can spend an hour or two in there. There's no gaming museum. It's located in a American Legion Hall so there is a bar and you can get food. You probably run into a few local war heroes drinkin' at the bar who will give you some shitty looks, but the beer is cheap and the food is pretty good. There's not much around the area (it's by the Hopkins airport) so I pretty much just stay at the venue.

Hope this helps.

ps. I'm looking for a PS1 arcade stick and a Beeshu Zipper NES controller.

pss. MGC 09 was the best classic gaming show I've ever been to.

(not me)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*( SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION ) - You could always stop by my store before the show or during the day. We will have the Prize times listed on the Chinese Auctions this time. I decided to keep my store open while I run the show this time:

Videogameconnection.com

Video Game Connection
    4824 Memphis Ave.
    Cleveland, Ohio 44144

216-741-7005
    M-F 12-8 Sat 11-8 Sun 12-6

This show will be the best to date with Lots of Great Chinese Auction Prizes. Matt and I learned a lot from the last show. Although the show has been going on for over a decade now, last show was out first time running it. We are Gearing it more to the Classic Console & Arcade Games than Classic Computers of past shows, but all is welcome.

All attendees get 3.00 worth of Chinese Auction Tickets with the 2.00 Entrance Fee ( which I happen to think is a Bargain ). The 1st 300 Paid Adult admissions also get a Full Video Game Trader Guide ( Usually $5.99 ). I will be Bringing some real nice stuff and have asked Vendors to have some nicer stuff this time and am even giving away a great prize for Best Display.
    BE THERE! / Please : ) ( Whichever way works for you )

CCAGShow.com

Mike : )
    Video Game Connection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would love nothing more than to drive up to Cleveland for the show this weekend, but sadly I have plans here in Cincy this saturday and there's no way to squeeze everything into one day... I'm hoping for and looking forward to an October show this year as the $2 Labatts at the VFW are worth the price of admission alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    her partially exposed butthole offends my christian sensibilities yet makes me want to play jet force gemini

<skaar> Let's triforce our dicks

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carey85 View Post
    I would love nothing more than to drive up to Cleveland for the show this weekend, but sadly I have plans here in Cincy this saturday and there's no way to squeeze everything into one day... I'm hoping for and looking forward to an October show this year as the $2 Labatts at the VFW are worth the price of admission alone.
    Not a plug...just of interest to the community

www.corgs-con.webs.com

If you can't make it to Cleveland on the 23rd there's this show on the 30th in Cleveland. I might try to make both...like I have anything else to do...I have never been, but those in the vicinity of CCAG might also be near enough to attend CORGS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks to all who came out to CCAG Yesterday. The show was a Great Success. Attendance was over double that of last show : ) I know my sales were up over double that of last show and hope all the vendors did well and Customers were happy with what we offered. I will be putting up pics and video within the next couple days on the CCAGShow.com website. A special thanks goes out to Ray and Scott for Bringing the Arcade Games, Ryan for running the Console Tournaments, Terry for providing the 2 fine helpers for the entrance ( you guys did a great job )!, All the Vendors for bringing the Gaming Goodness to fill the Hall and finally All the fine customers who attended the show buying up that Gaming Goodness. Feel free to post you comments, compliments, complaints, stories, suggestions and basically anything CCAG Here. Thanks and hope to see you next CCAG Show Saturday October 24, 2009. Mike : )
    Video Game Connection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

I had a blast. I walked away with so much boxed Atari 8-bit and Vic-20 stuff I couldn't believe it. I think I almost completed my boxed Lynx collection as well. Too bad Doubldown beat me to that TRS-80 Hard Drive for $4 (seriously, where do you see those anymore?)

Tempest
    --- www.AtariProtos.com ---
    All Your Prototypes Are Belong To Us!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default huh...

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
    I had a blast. I walked away with so much boxed Atari 8-bit and Vic-20 stuff I couldn't believe it. I think I almost completed my boxed Lynx collection as well. Too bad Doubldown beat me to that TRS-80 Hard Drive for $4 (seriously, where do you see those anymore?)

Tempest
    I was surprised to see so much Vic-20 stuff; I've never gotten into it but almost started to yesterday. I didn't spend too much but I have a better idea as to what I can expect to bring in cash next time. It was almost too crowded. You couldn't conveniently carry a list around and look at the tables...managed to find some stuff anyways....

It got very hot in there...

Did anyone else run into the little kid trying to sell a couple PS1 sports titles??? He asked me twice and my brother-in-law three times.

We had fun but couldn't stay too long...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah, yes that little kid trying to sell those crappy Playstation Games. He even came up to the Stage and tried to sell them to me : ) Yes, it did get hot in there very quickly. We now know to kick on the AC on Both sides right of the hall right at the Start of the show. I didnt expect so many bodies so quickly. It was actually Too cold later in the show when Both sides of the AC were running and the Crowd died down a bit. Only my second time running the show so I am still learning but I plan on making each show Better than the last. Thanks again to all who attended. Mike : )
    Video Game Connection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's a few YouTube Videos I just uploaded. Pics may take a couple days to get on the CCAG site so enjoy these for now. Sorry if its a bit blurry, its a new camera to me. Mike : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doAjWU7TsfY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQLWk6gSjxc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WV71m6HRjo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIDG_2xLiwM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NheHyNb-bQ
    Video Game Connection