Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Colecovision - No Video

So...after my adventures with the Intellivision, my next ebay bargain showed up this afternoon...a nice, dusty Colecovision. Of course, like all ebay auctions that say, "I don't know if it works because I don't have a game/the video cable..." what they really meant was, "I tried to hook it up, but it didn't work so I threw away the video cable and set up a second auction for the games....sold as-is"

Anyway, ebay venting aside, does anyone have any experience/advice on Colecovision trouble shooting? I checked the power adapter. It's supposed to be sending 12, 5, and -5 volts, and it appears to mostly be doing that. The 12-volt line is actually sitting around 11.5 or so, but I'm not sure what the tolerance is. I cleaned the power switch throughly, because the few articles about Coleco repair mentioned that the power switches were notorious. No love there, but I did verify that it's got the proper voltages when switched on...seems fine.

The system doesn't through any audio/video when it's powered up. I know the switchbox/cable is good, because it works with the 2600 and the Intellivision. The TV does go a bit whiter in the fuzz department when it's switched on, but not enough to even consider it corrupted graphics or anything.

There seems to be a total lack of repair information for this thing on the net, which kind of surprises me... Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!
    Last edited by abbub; 03-12-2009 at 08:20 AM.