Thread: Is "Fun 'N Games" on the SNES really that rare?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Is "Fun 'N Games" on the SNES really that rare?

I know the game has an 8 in the rarity guide...but it just seems to be a lot more common to me than that. I got my copy of it at Game Crazy for $4.99 through that special order deal they were doing (it only took them a week to get it for me). There always seems to be at least 1 or 2 copies of it on Ebay going for around $20 or $30...and I even saw a loose copy of it at a local game store for $14.99 recently. Is this game really all that rare?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The thing is, Fun N' Games has very little demand since it's a pretty lackluster Mario Paint clone - the only people really hunting the game down are collectors.

I used to own it myself - I found it at a Software Etc. shortly before GameStop stopped taking in SNES stuff in 2004. Cost me $9.99 and was a former Hollywood Video rental. The only other time I've ever seen a copy locally was when another DP'er had one for sale at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo last year.

It's been speculated that the game could become the "Stadium Events" of the SNES - however, that has yet to happen, probably due to the fact that SNES collecting, while pretty popular, hasn't reached the status of NES collecting.

Here's an old post I remembered reading and figured was worth digging up and sharing here:

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    DNG has contacted former Tradewest employees regarding FNG - he did so because, before DP SNES was a thought, he was trying to find the fucking thing. One did not even know it was released for the SNES, and the other stated that 2,000 were produced. We have it, as a R8. Why? We think the game is rare, and one of the hardest games to find on the system, but not through the roof.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eh, not loose it isn't. Try grabbing a cheap CIB copy though and you'll begin to see how rare it really is. It's not even in the same league as a Stadium Events, something like Super Copa or something would be closer in rarity to SE than Fun N Games is.