Thread: Rez HD color issues on 360 when playing in HD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Rez HD color issues on 360 when playing in HD

When I try to play Rez HD in HD mode on xbox 360 the game only seems to work properly half the time. The colors are all brown, and occasionally some green. This never happens in standard mode. And this has happened on 2 different television sets. My large projection, which only supports 1080i, and my new Viewsonic LCD HD Widescreen monitor. This set supports up to 1080p and has a 2ms refresh rate. And I have the 360 hooked up with HDMI. It is specifically made for gaming. I don't think the issue is my monitor. Also, I already deleted the game, and redownloaded it. I really have no idea what the problem is. Any suggestions, or at least some people who have had the same issue would at least make me feel better.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There have been prolems with HDMI in the past, but i'm fairly certain they've all been fixed. Can you try hooking the console up via component and see if it still does the same thing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    There have been prolems with HDMI in the past, but i'm fairly certain they've all been fixed. Can you try hooking the console up via component and see if it still does the same thing?
    Well, I figures it out. That's usually how it goes when I mess with something for an hour, and then post a thread. I figure it out like 5 minutes later.

The game worked fine the other night, so I was wondering why it worked then and not now. Well, I just got this new xbox for my room, and have always played my roomates xbox downstairs on the projection. I noticed then that Rez was having color issues a while back in HD mode. I just assumed that the issue was from trying to play Rez in HD on a crappy 1080i projection tv. Well, my roomate at one point in time must have changed the video options in Rez to Sepia, then when I transferred the save game to a memory card, and downloaded it to the Hard Drive on my Xbox, I also downloaded those settings. Kind of a dumb solution, shoulda figured it out earlier.