Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAVA Gamer's Meeting, April 18th: "Wagons East!" (NOW WITH PHOTOS)

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Exclamation NAVA Gamer's Meeting, April 18th: "Wagons East!" (NOW WITH PHOTOS)

NAVA = North Atlantic Videogame Aficionados. It's FREE, and YOU are invited to attend.

Previously at NAVA...

- It was the "Rare & Collectible" edition of NAVA, which literally showcased members' prized possessions as we emptied out one of our display cases and let everyone show off their especially cool stuff.
    - Our first ever SHMUPS tournament found 16 players compete on four Saturn and PC Engine imports. The blistering competition left, well... blisters.
    - If you weren't playing Saturn or PC Engine imports, you were probably playing Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on Dreamcast.
    - Have you ever seen Katamari Damacy cakes? If you attended in March, you might have even eaten one.
    - The store added a Virtual Boy kiosk to its line-up of monthly playables, though it was half-working. Should be in full working order for April's event.
    - Many games and systems traded hands between attendees.
    - Pictures and video tell it best:

http://www.digitpress.com/images/store/

April's event has moved up a week from its normal "last weekend in Saturday" time slot to accommodate our special guest, Sean Kelly. Sean is an old friend of Digital Press from the early 90's. To get a better idea of just how long ago that really is, Sean and Joe exchanged hand-written letters for several years. The internet was still a few years away from accessible. Years after Sean had joined the Digital Press writing staff and organized with Joe (and John Hardie) on Classic Gaming Expo, Sean opened a videogame store in the Chicago area. Four years after THAT, Joe used Sean's template to bring the Digital Press store to life.

So there's the history. The bottom line is that Sean is an important part of the Digital Press family and will be traveling east to NJ for the weekend, NAVA gets bumped up a week to join his visit.

Matt will be running a MEGA MAN JEOPARDY game show at 6pm. Think you know your Mega Man history? Matt's game includes visuals and sound, so bone up and let's see who's REALLY the expert in these parts! There are no other tournaments planned, just uninterrupted gaming and of course this means impromptu mini-tourneys could erupt at any time... so don't blink!

Take a deep breath. You've got less than 2 weeks to prepare.

When: Saturday, April 18th, noon to midnight.
    Where: Digital Press Videogames: http://tinyurl.com/yscakm
    What happens: Gaming, trading, tournaments, big prizes! Attendance is FREE. Half price for kids!
    What can I bring?: Snacks, soda and beer are always appreciated. Cakes have been very popular as well.

Strawberry (Level 2) Hitman Tyler's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SILENT_CQC

Raises Hand (Attendance)....
    MY 100th POST:
    SUNDAY, AUGUST 31, 2008.... @ 9:41 A.M.

Mount Snakemoore

Insert Coin (Level 0) PK ButtMan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PK ButtMan

I'll be there....still looking for Marvel vs Capcom. =P

Also, anyone have a Sega CD or 32X on sale?

Strawberry (Level 2) Dastardly Dylan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    D2ME
    PSN
    D2ME

Can't make this one. My birthday is close around that week (April 21st) and I have other plans that weekend as well. (like getting mah license!).

See everyone next month!

Wii: 7782-6113-4774-2333
    Teh Pwn Shop! - YouTube - Twitter

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The Fates must be in my corner. This works out surprisingly well for me since I have a party to go to on April 25.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by PK ButtMan View Post
    I'll be there....still looking for Marvel vs Capcom. =P
    Please don't say PS1. We just had one traded in (and sold within a few hours). Haven't seen a Dreamcast version in about a month.

Either way, let someone at the store know so we can at least attempt to notify you next time it comes in.

Also, anyone have a Sega CD or 32X on sale?
    We had the whole kit 'n kaboodle traded in on Saturday, though the guy didn't have the 32X crossover cable so I was unable to test that part of it. The Genny and SCD worked great though. Call the store tomorrow so we can put it aside for you if you can pick it up in the next day or two!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cataractula
    PSN
    CTRCT

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly Dylan View Post
    Can't make this one. My birthday is close around that week (April 21st) and I have other plans that weekend as well. (like getting mah license!).

See everyone next month!
    Haha, we share a birthday! Awesome!

Oh, I'm looking for a New Geo Pocket Color and games for it, if anyone has one to sell.

Strawberry (Level 2) Dastardly Dylan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    D2ME
    PSN
    D2ME

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Haha, we share a birthday! Awesome!

Wii: 7782-6113-4774-2333
    Teh Pwn Shop! - YouTube - Twitter

Insert Coin (Level 0) PK ButtMan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PK ButtMan

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
    Either way, let someone at the store know so we can at least attempt to notify you next time it comes in.

We had the whole kit 'n kaboodle traded in on Saturday, though the guy didn't have the 32X crossover cable so I was unable to test that part of it. The Genny and SCD worked great though. Call the store tomorrow so we can put it aside for you if you can pick it up in the next day or two!

It's the Dreamcast version I'm looking for...also looking for Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Regardless, how much is a SC? I'm running on a budget this month. =X

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I will be there early with some highly sought after NES, SNES pieces. Some so rare that they aren't in the guide! Serious collectors with Cash Monies only.
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

I'm looking to pick up a monitor (with composite & chroma/luma inputs) to use with an Atari 8-bit, Commodore 64 and potentially other classic computers. As usual, I'm not looking to spend too much. Also, My hunt continues for any US/Canadian 2600 games I don't have. I probably won't be able to resist any other Atari 8-bit stuff, too.

What are we going to play? There was no A8 setup last time, so we could go back to that routine. I don't think there has been a 2600 set up in a while either. I'm up for anything. Since there is no official tournament, having a 2600 ready would be good for impromptu tournaments.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0 View Post
    What are we going to play? There was no A8 setup last time, so we could go back to that routine. I don't think there has been a 2600 set up in a while either. I'm up for anything. Since there is no official tournament, having a 2600 ready would be good for impromptu tournaments.
    I left everything ready-to-go for an 8-bit or C64 set up downstairs, I just ran out of time doing the set-up as I was a little busy getting the cabinet cleared out and the museum card stuff ready last month.

That said, there's no reason not to have the 2600 set up upstairs. Since you asked, that's one of two settled!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I left everything ready-to-go for an 8-bit or C64 set up downstairs, I just ran out of time doing the set-up as I was a little busy getting the cabinet cleared out and the museum card stuff ready last month.

That said, there's no reason not to have the 2600 set up upstairs. Since you asked, that's one of two settled!
    How about a MASTER SYSTEM as the other? I haven't been to many NAVA's recently, but I don't recall ever seeing a Master System hooked up in any of the pictures.
    #vbender

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

PingvinBlueJeans was talking about bringing a Japanese M.S. or Mark-III I think last month, but couldn't make it. Maybe he'll come this time? Or could have a 5200 with a Multi-cart in honor of Sean Kelly.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAmChandler View Post
    How about a MASTER SYSTEM as the other? I haven't been to many NAVA's recently, but I don't recall ever seeing a Master System hooked up in any of the pictures.
    Sure, why not?

To all: the only TV I have in the store that can manage RF output is the tiny one on the workbench downstairs. This isn't an issue for 2600 (AV modded) or Master System but keep this in mind if anyone is planning to bring something "old".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    PingvinBlueJeans was talking about bringing a Japanese M.S. or Mark-III I think last month, but couldn't make it. Maybe he'll come this time? Or could have a 5200 with a Multi-cart in honor of Sean Kelly.
    Last month I brought my 5200 with my gen-you-wine-Sean-Kelly-Multicart and had some fun with Miner 2049er.

I have to admit though, I 've never played with an SMS before, so if the running machines are to be a 2600 and an SMS, I'm OK with that.
    "A 'Radical Centrist' ??? Isn't that like being a Take-No-Prisoners Pussy? " - Stephen Colbert
    My Resume
    My Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SILENT_CQC

HI Again.....
    I am looking to buy the following, in MINT or Near Mint : (note) prices next to item states how much maximum I am willing to spend:
    Offical Sony 32MB Memory Card (PSP) $4.00
    PSP 1001 Manual & Quick Guide $5.00
    PSP Offical White Wristband $3.00
    PSP Offical 1001 Battery $ 14.00

If you have anything I would like PLEASE; PM me with the items and price. Also might take if in any other condition just PM me with details.
    Thanks Again,
    Hitman Tyler
    MY 100th POST:

Mount Snakemoore

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    I should be able to make it this month, and I can certainly still bring it.

I will bring ColecoVision Pac-Man Collection as well.
    Last edited by PingvinBlueJeans; 04-13-2009 at 07:59 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please don't say PS1. We just had one traded in (and sold within a few hours). Haven't seen a Dreamcast version in about a month.

Yeah sorry about that. I didn't even realize I was missing the cable. I look around my place more and see if I can scrounge it up. On the other hand, I am loving New Horizons! (Even though it came out on VC two days later).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SILENT_CQC

SOB... Doesn't look I am coming to this one either. I have to help my brother move some stuff, and go about looking for a car....
    Have Fun Everyone.
    MY 100th POST:

Mount Snakemoore