Thread: ChaseTheChuckwagon.com Acquires GameGavel.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ChaseTheChuckwagon.com Acquires GameGavel.com

Hello GameGavel.com & ChaseTheChuckwagon.com Community,

I have the privilege of informing everyone that despite GameGavel.com's closing; it is not going away completely. Hours after announcing the closing of GameGavel.com Mike Kennedy, owner of ChaseTheChuckwagon.com, contacted me about the acquisition of GameGavel.com by ChaseTheChuckwagon.com to broaden the appeal of his site. A fellow video game auction site, but structured slightly different than GameGavel.com, ChaseTheChuckwagon.com offers a great alternative to eBay for Video Game Auctions. Here are a few words from Mike:

As Jasen has made you all aware, GameGavel.com, the website is being shut down. I am the owner of a competing gaming auction site, ChaseTheChuckwagon.com. Some of you may have heard of it, some may have not but Jasen and I wanted to alert you all as soon as possible that ChaseTheChuckwagon.com will assume the domain name GameGavel.com and will soon be redirecting it to ChaseTheChuckwagon.com. It is my intention to keep the GameGavel.com name and market it in conjunction with ChaseTheChuckwagon. I have been told by a few of my members having a name that is more universal, (unlike my Atari game named ChaseTheChuckwagon.com) may be something I need to really continue to grow my auction site and brand among a more diverse crowd.

That being said I will continue to use both names together to bring people to our video gaming community. To bring some of you up to speed on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com, we launched in March 2008 and have now grown to over 2,200 members, we’ve hosted over 100,000 auctions and sold over $80,000 in merchandise. Like GameGavel.com we have no listing fees but do have some minimal selling/final value fees and listing enhancement fees – believe me they don’t amount to much 3% of sales for under $100, 2% $100-$1000 and 1% over $1000. Fees help an auction site evolve and most importantly market to bring in more buyers for your auctions, which more than offset the small fees. They are needed for a business to run and grow.

In addition we offer a thriving member forum community, free seller branded storefronts/homepages, free auction promotional tools, monthly listing contests for $, multiple item bulk upload capability as well as an automatic feed of all our auctions into classified sites oodle.com and Google Base – triples the exposure of your auctions. So like GameGavel.com we have a tremendous amount to offer you over Ebay. In addition your registration on Chuckwagon/GameGavel also gets you registered in my other auction site Vendazzle.com. It is an auction site for everything other than video games. It was born out of the demand of my members for a site to sell other things. It recently launched in January but is now starting to gain a head of steam. One registration gets you entry into both sites.

Many of you may know Jasen and I have had similar goals of creating and growing a thriving, less expensive auction alternative for our fellow gamers. I hope you will take the time to familiarize yourself with the new ChaseTheChuckwagon.com/GameGavel.com auction site and I hope you will consider joining if you are not already a member of ChaseTheChuckwagon.com.

Our community is one of the best and is turning into a great group of older and younger gamers alike all looking to buy and sell games in a venue that is passionate about its content. I am sure Jasen will add to this message, but our goal was and is still the same and we both stand by that.

Mike Kennedy, Founder
    http://www.ChaseTheChuckwagon.com

Thank you for the support over the past 15 months. GameGavel.com was a challenging and rewarding endevour for me and my family. Your support for Grass Roots efforts is greatly appreciated and I hope you show the same support to ChaseTheChuckwagon.com.

For the last time,"Let the Gavel Fall!"

Jasen Hicks, Founder and Former owner of GameGavel.com & Mike Kennedy, Founder ChaseTheChuckwagon.com

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I figured these two would merge at some point.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Y halo thar monopoly. ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

In the minority here but I was one of those who preferred Game Gavel.

However, I bought stuff from both places and since the two sites opened over a year ago, I have bought only one video game on Ebay (Garfield for Sega Genesis). That was on account of neither "alternative" site having it at the time.

Either way, Game Gavel's founder Jasen is a great guy and I've emailed him back and forth a few times. Nice fellow and I hope he sticks around the alternative auction scene in some capacity, even as a seller or active forum poster.

Never communicated with Mike from CTCW directly but he does a super job of keeping users of his site abreast on current events. Plus I've always enjoyed using the site.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    In the minority here but I was one of those who preferred Game Gavel.

However, I bought stuff from both places and since the two sites opened over a year ago, I have bought only one video game on Ebay (Garfield for Sega Genesis). That was on account of neither "alternative" site having it at the time.

Either way, Game Gavel's founder Jasen is a great guy and I've emailed him back and forth a few times. Nice fellow and I hope he sticks around the alternative auction scene in some capacity, even as a seller or active forum poster.

Never communicated with Mike from CTCW directly but he does a super job of keeping users of his site abreast on current events. Plus I've always enjoyed using the site.
    Ya, Jasen and I ended it on good terms He was going to shut it down either way and I thought salvaging his name would be a good thing -- and I really liked his name and will be using both. So pick one you like and go with it

The transfer is done and site redirect should be happening in the next 24-hours. Also very soon our header will reflect this change.

Obviously, Jasen is a charter member on the site and can use it for free whenever he wants Hopefully he will still be around but sounds like for now he is going to be very busy over seas.

Here is an impromptu Auction Talk if you want to give a listen explaining things a bit more:

http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/AuctionTalk.mp3