Thread: How many people have a complete licensed NES set?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How many people have a complete licensed NES set?

My wife asked me last night, and I told her I would post the question an see. Also do you consider having the Stack up pieces and the Piano part of the "set" or just accessories? Some consider just having the carts and others say you must have the pieces as well as the carts.
    YouTube: MasonSushi---- http://www.youtube.com/user/masonsushi
    NintendoAge: MasonSushi
    Licensed NES- Complete....32X Complete
    N64- Complete....Master System (CIB)- 8 left
    TG-16 Hu - Complete

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you mean a CIB complete licensed set, or just all the carts. The only 2 I know of with complete CIB licensed sets are Braveheart69 and Dreamtr, not many people have the $10k+ to spend on a CIB Stadium Events.

As far loose complete licensed sets, there are several. I'm hoping to add my name to the list this year as I'm only 24 carts away. To answer your accessory question, it depends who you ask. Again, if we're talking strictly loose carts, I don't see any reason why you would need those other pieces to consider it a complete set.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Linuxfox00's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

for now all i'm worried about would be owning losse carts and a system with a all nintendo 1st party controllers and accessories.

though i do all most have all boxed systems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would consider the piano, etc part of the collection, as the game is virtually unplayable without it. I also think the two that mrmark stated are the only two I know of as well with a CIB set. I am about a hundred or so away from the set myself (have to take an inventory). Anyways, that's my two cents.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shawnbo42 View Post
    I would consider the piano, etc part of the collection, as the game is virtually unplayable without it. I also think the two that mrmark stated are the only two I know of as well with a CIB set. I am about a hundred or so away from the set myself (have to take an inventory). Anyways, that's my two cents.

i am not that far ahead of you. I am about 90 or so away. I do have all of the "expensive" games. I need to post my want list. Most are common with a few uncommons thrown in for good measure.
    TG-16 Hu - Complete

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

There are well more than just Braveheart69 and DreamTR. I know that NGD, Portnoyd have full sets as well. I think JumpmanJr. also has a full set, but i'm far from being a big NES person.

I think this has been asked before but i've got to dig around some to see if I can find it.

A good place to look/ask would be Nintendo Age.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

I have a liscensed US set. About 70% of my collection is boxed complete. About 550 of my games are now boxed and complete. There is no way I will ever have them all CIB, but I collect for alot of other complete collections. I am 6 manuals away from a CIB US Genesis Set and 6 manuals away from a CIB N64 set as well.

If you post this on NintendoAge, you will probably hear from a couple other people.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

already posted there. I have gotten more responses here.
    TG-16 Hu - Complete

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm 1 game away.

Damn Pro Sport Hockey and my refusal to pay more then 10 bucks for it.
    3,582 games and counting! Pics of tons of stuff!
    Come visit and sign the guestbook:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v48/SimplyDave/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    There are well more than just Braveheart69 and DreamTR. I know that NGD, Portnoyd have full sets as well. I think JumpmanJr. also has a full set, but i'm far from being a big NES person.
    Very far, I was referring to people with a complete CIB ntsc collection, not a complete loose set.

NGD does not.
    Jumpman does not.
    Portnoyd definitely could, I can't remember.

As far as the only 2 people that I know have every single licensed cart, box, and manual, its just Dream and Braveheart. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Portnoyd did, but to say there are well more than just those two is horribly inaccurate.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I would rather have the all the PAL-only games than Stadium Events. The same goes for Repros vs S.E. I am about 50 games short of a full NES set(NOT BOXED), but I do not think I can force myself to buy them. The only game I need that is worth playing is Bonk's Adventure. The rest of them are crap. Instead of completing the full set, I have focused on getting unlisensed games that are fun to play like a few Sachen games(I personally think Sachen made almost a dozen fairly good games). I also would rather have games like Recca Pure than Stadium Events(game play wise).

I have bought crappy games like Chiller & Baby Boomer just because they are "Crap-tastic" & some-what collectable. But I would rather buy "Adv. Island 4" vs. ...lets say Moon Ranger.

Side note, I think games like Rodland or Mr. Gimmick should be worth more than a game like Stadium Events. I wonder if the production numbers are about the same for these three game? If so, I can see the price of these three games becoming closer to eacher other in the future.

Strawberry (Level 2) guitargary75's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm about a hundred away. Carts only though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm about 50 away from a complete set (cart only) but I plan on selling it all soon. Got pretty much all the rare stuff out of the way except for Bubble Bobble 2 and of course, Stadium Events. Toughest to find unlicensed cart I have left is the Myraid 6-in-1.

While it's a personal preference, I always considered cart-only to be fine for stuff like Stack-Up and Miracle Piano. I mean if you're counting licensed US games and you have both carts loose, why not count them?

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have about 460 or so carts, maybe 470, so I've got a ways to go. 90% are loose, at least half have instructions.

-Rob
    Last edited by rbudrick; 04-15-2009 at 02:36 PM.
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I don't have a complete CIB set, but I'm almost as close as I'll ever get. Just slowly (very slowly) picking up the last manuals that I need (none of being that hard to find, as I have all the rare games CIB).

I'm missing, and will always be missing the boxes for the Myriad and Stadium Events.

NGD sold a bunch of his stuff. I think all of his Panesians, and his CIB Myriad.

I could have a CIB set (minus just the Stadium Events box) if I stopped loosing my focus to start collecting other systems. The GameBoy consoles (GB, GBC, GBA, DS) have really caught me lately, and I've been spending much of my energy completing those sets.

Insert Coin (Level 0) chrissylas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah there are probably quite a few of us that are close (cart wise). I'm only about 65 games away from a complete US licensed cart collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpman Jr. View Post
    Yeah, I don't have a complete CIB set, but I'm almost as close as I'll ever get. Just slowly (very slowly) picking up the last manuals that I need (none of being that hard to find, as I have all the rare games CIB).

I'm missing, and will always be missing the boxes for the Myriad and Stadium Events.

NGD sold a bunch of his stuff. I think all of his Panesians, and his CIB Myriad.

I could have a CIB set (minus just the Stadium Events box) if I stopped loosing my focus to start collecting other systems. The GameBoy consoles (GB, GBC, GBA, DS) have really caught me lately, and I've been spending much of my energy completing those sets.
    I am right with ya. This is why I dont pursue a CIB set for the NES, I stated focusing on my Genesis Collection, SMS, and N64 sets. I probably could be very close if I just focused on one set, but being the everything collector I am, I chose to pursue other sets less traveled. I am just happy to have many of the oober rares complete, minus stadium of course.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Sorry, but does anyone have 2 of every game? Lol.....

Just to actually add to the thread I have about 350.
    I like the thread. It's kind like eavesdropping on an interesting conversation.
    In yo face!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, yes. For the NES I do buy 2 if I happen to find a CIB version. I only have maybe 12 CIB NES games though, the rest of my NES collection (around 500) is loose. The NES is one of the few systems where I don't care about the manual or box (I actually prefer loose...or cart/manual only for this one). I just want to own the entire library.

SNES is slowly becoming the same way. It's very loose friendly and again, I only care about having a complete library (and being able to say, "Oh yeah...X-Y-Z game that did that cool gameplay element...I have a copy right here!").

Genesis though...screw that...has to be boxed. Sorry...went off course a little bit.

Edit: sorry...you said 2 of every game...I thought you meant just does anyone buy 2
    -Sosage

WTF is a Dim-Mac?!?!?