Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you find nes prototypes

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by mr obscure View Post
    Back in the day knowing a prototype excisted was enough for collectors.
    sim city and police academy are also in hands of private collectors and undumped.
    For the record, Sim City was last seen at Nintendo HQ, and the only known copy of Police Academy is owned by its programmer. Neither of these constitute as "collectors."

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorman0 View Post
    Locking as per OP's request.
    Worst. Lock. Ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedEye View Post
    I don't want to jump to any assumptions here, and I don't know this guy personally, but before anyone gets disappointed that we may not see any screenshots of the game, consider that this might have been a really strange ploy for attention.
    That is indeed the only way this makes sense. Sour grapes over getting money offers for a prototype?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dutch how did I get pulled into this? You just still bitter cause you were banned over at NA for being nothing but a trouble maker. But I guess your right. Releasing unreleased game and making repros for them means I have a small penis, you finally caught on to my master plan. Man your a real piece of work. I am amazed you haven't been banned from DP yet.

Lets see if you hold true to your word and release the game for free to eveyone like you wanted all of use to do.
    ~~NGD

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm being pulled into this because dutch (mr obscure) reneged on a deal with me.

If all I cared about was money, I'd be SELLING everything I own. How ignorant can someone be?

It's not our fault you tried to rip off people and never did anything on your deals.

You complain about NGD needing attention...you make threads everytime you find protos, so I think you are the one that likes attention and wishes he was on NA still.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People like dream tr and bunnyboy are even worse $$$$$$ thats what they care about,people like that don't give 1 bit about the nes,its all fake.
    I don't give 1 bit about the nes, I give 8 bits! (ok that was terrible...)

If these were real it would be a great opportunity to back up all the previous talk with real action. Just release Cop Slapper for free to everyone and make those who profit look bad. Unfortunately its almost certainly a scam to get attention (as you said, small penis syndrome) or money and there will be a lame excuse why it won't be released. Doesn't no dump and no screenshots fit in with most people's definition of hoarding?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

mr obscure, I don't know the history of your antics, but I would like to voice my opinion as an owner of an unreleased game. I completely understand you hate all the requests you have recieved about dumping/selling the game, but I really hope you read this. Not dumping a one of a kind prototype is like burning valuable books. I am not telling you to dump it and release it to everyone for no charge, I am saying you should back this thing up (even if you never share it with the public). It is only a matter of time before those EPROMs die, and who knows if there is another copy still floating around.

hmm
    Back in the day knowing a prototype excisted was enough for collectors.
    It is very nice to know that this game exists (even though I don't have much interest in the NES), but it is very scary to know that this game could be lost forever in a few years. Please don't take my comments the wrong way, I just don't want to see unreleased games lost forever.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I know I'm probably wasting my time, but I did want to address a few more things in mr obscure's post.

IS the flintstones different then the released version?
    I don't know? I don't have another copy.
    But..ho cares.. duck tales and mcdonaldland where different from released version but not many people cared. ( i don't even know if these are dumped)
    They are dumped. I forget by who made it happen, I think it was one of my friends at Lost Levels. People do care, as the differences are significant. Duck Tales has an alternate cut of the Moon theme song; a very big deal considering it's one of the best tunes ever programmed on the NES. M.C. Kids is also very interesting, as it's in a pretty early state of development, and is made more significant by the fact that its designer has gone on to become a significant name in the industry (see: LocoRoco on the PSP). There is even a fan page detailing the differences in Duck Tales, complete with an interview with its producer.

As people can see in my other old threads im a PROTOTYPE MAGNET. (n64 finds)
    But nobody was interrested in dumping that.
    It took some research but I assume you're talking about this thread?

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127007

I'm sure someone is interested in dumping the game, but it is a fairly obscure title for a system with a smaller fan base than the NES, so it is not getting as much attention as this thread. Personally, I'd be happy to see a copy of your N64 find make the rounds for posterity and research for anyone who might be interested, but it's not important enough for me to bother asking you and face the risk of you being upset, which...is clearly what happens when someone makes a request from you.

So what will i do with cop slapper and flintstones im going to play it (or try,true color dream quality here)and enjoy it,thats it.
    Good for you. As a member of this community I would hope that you would at least tell us more about your find, instead of continuing to be offended because people offered you money and asked for a dump. A lot of us are interested, and if you actually have found a copy of Cop Slapper, I'd really like to see what it's like.

I'm not sure I understand what's upsetting you. You seem to be mad that people are replying in a discussion thread by asking you questions, and yet you're also mad that more people didn't respond in your other threads. What exactly is wrong?

Insert Coin (Level 0) van_halen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NGD didn't dump his..he made repro's because he needed attention ..oh everybody tell me im great. (small penis syndrom) i think.
    I have gotten the impression that they make repros out of passion for the console and I don’t know if they profit much from doing it. Hooray if they do, though! I can imagine it being not that cheap to develop and produce those things, not to mention the time it must take.

Anyway, back to the topic… I know it's already been said by several members, but it would be cool to see some in-game screens from this alleged proto, if that isn’t asking too much of course. Why not just ignore those people who may have PM’d you with requests for this and that, and post some pics that would silence everyone who currently believes it’s a hoax?

Insert Coin (Level 0) randomencountergames's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally I like to see repros hit the scene. Especially professional ones you get through the above mentioned "evil" parties. For a collector, its more nostalgic. It feels like your back to your youth, and your hearing about a new game coming out soon. You save up your money like a little kid, and buy it on release day. If a rom just gets dumped and released to the masses for free.. its lame. I am a collector.. I have no interest in roms. If the rom is popular, it goes up on one of the many repro sites, and gets a generic release.. no manual no box.. just a used cart, and a wired up board . As a collector, I want something physical, and professional. There are thousands of hacked, and original roms I will never have the chance to play, who cares if one more tiny rom, enters the giant pool of endless roms.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nationgamesdepot View Post
    Releasing unreleased game and making repros for them means I have a small penis, you finally caught on to my master plan.
    Hahaha, the way you worded that is funny NGD. Started laughing uncontrollably at the university computer lab as I was reading this...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Why did you post this thread? So no one would respond? You didn't have to tell us you had them.? I hope you've already played them. I know I would have played them. That day.

Also you know when someone says " Not to be rude but....." That's what there gonna do. Right? So I think you would love to produce a CIB Cop Slapper. I think you want $$$$$$$. etc. etc.. Some psychology crap?

I really enjoy the unreleased CIB releases!
    In yo face!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have seen a lot of posts since he has even responded....anything?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some screenshots would be nice to see, c'mon dude show some!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't know Cop Slapper existed, but a screenshot from the game sure would make my day better for some strange reason...
    Longtime webmaster of...
    www.nesworld.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For some reason, after reading this thread, and seeing the guy go "look what I gots!" and then leaving, I had the mental image of someone with a prototype taped to the end of their dick, flopping it out to show everyone, and running away.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tubeway View Post
    For some reason, after reading this thread, and seeing the guy go "look what I gots!" and then leaving, I had the mental image of someone with a prototype taped to the end of their dick, flopping it out to show everyone, and running away.
    I think it's very brave to say you're imagining his dick. I'm not that comfortable with those summer camp kinda thoughts.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

quick and final update (the good ,the bad and the ugly)

the good: If you can't beat them join them.I sold both copies to a private collector from germany for a very good price.(mr. Cooper came from germany to the netherlands to pick them up)

The bad: Like i said i joined them ,if people are retarded enough to pay for roms dump ill take it to the NEXT level.
    People want screen shots,no problem $500 for 5 screen shots i still have on my computer or $1000 for a 5 minuten video ill put on youtube.

The ugly : the redeye have your facts in order.. i did not sell repro's. I sold 2 new earthbounds that where damaged in the mail. The 2 sellers wanted money back for it what i was whilling to do. But then the wanted more and more $$(ripoff) and my name was damaged and people talked more and more shit your comment is a good exsample and i thought fuck them.

The super ugly: usser :mrmark0673 (mark nolan from boston) contacted me by pm claiming to be his little brother and wanted to buy the proto's from me.This guy attacked my earlier on the site and now has the balls to contact me for the proto's claiming to be his little brother...FACEPALM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The super ugly: usser :mrmark0673 (mark nolan from boston) contacted me by pm claiming to be his little brother and wanted to buy the proto's from me.This guy attacked my earlier on the site and now has the balls to contact me for the proto's claiming to be his little brother...FACEPALM.
    First off, it's twin brother not younger brother. there are pictures of the two of us together over on NA. Look it up if you'd like. Secondly, I only PM'd you because I knew the prototype in question doesn't exist. I just like exposing retards like yourself.

Here's a link to where you state you own a Flintstone's proto back in 2007:
    http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/mes...ighlight_key=y

You had the proto all along and only now claimed to have found it at an elderly home along with an unreleased proto.

Man you're a retard.

As for balls, you been banned at NA under NINE DIFFERENT NAMES at this point:
    http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/mes...threadid=17667
    Talk about not having any balls/

So who's balls are in question? Yours (or lack there of) are. FACECOCK.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wondertwin powers activate, form of...

Fuck you Dutch!

Edit: As to Dutch's comment about me PM'ing pretending to be my brother, Matt (Beaglepuss) sent him a PM after I had logged onto his computer. He forgot to log out and he ended up sending it through my account by mistake.

I keep up the NA Hall of Shame and recently just discovered Dutch had continued to post under a new alias (#8 at the time, mods found another he was using simultaneously) so he's still mad at me. He can't help but rip on the American economy and his location/typing style give him away after no more than 20 post anyway.

Oh, and if anyone wants pictures of unreleased protos I'll gladly snap pics of Hoppin' Mad, Arcadia VI, or USA Bowling for just a measly $400
    Last edited by mrmark0673; 05-13-2009 at 11:51 AM.