Thread: Amiga explorer help

Pear (Level 6) Soviet Conscript's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Amiga explorer help

well finally got my amiga 3000 (16 htz model ) up and running but i don't have a single working game. ever disk i put in i don't get anything, these are all retail disks and quite old so i'm not shocked. i just get DF0: ???? or DF0:NODOS the only one that did work was Black Crypt but after a third play it won't boot up and i get all kind of disk errors so apperently it went bad before my eyes.

hopeing for a solution i turned to amiga explorer to write images to new disks that will work.

yes, i know about emulation. i know i can buy amiga forever and play them on my pc. this defeats the purpose. my goal is to play amiga games on my amiga hardware.

point is i can't get amiga explorer to work for the life of me. apperently the guy that had this amiga before me used explorer cause its already installed on the amigas HD but every time i try to access it from the PC i get "unidentified error" message.

i'm useing a belkin "switchbox" cable i use for my flash disk writers. i'm almost posative its the same thing as a null modem cable.

i know nothing about networking so i don't know tcpi from parallel port from serial port. this doesn't help my situation. i did read a common problem is COM ports get mixed up and the explorer should usually be set to COM 1 or 2. all i can say is i only have one port on my PC that the cable fits in and when i check properties in amiga explorer its set to COM3 and there is nothing else to set it to. also it won't let me put anything in speed and the option is blank.

any help would be appriciated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

Many Amiga floppy games require you to boot off of them by ways of keeping them in the diskette drive and restarting the computer.
    DERP

Pear (Level 6) Soviet Conscript's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicwolf View Post
    Many Amiga floppy games require you to boot off of them by ways of keeping them in the diskette drive and restarting the computer.
    thanks, i'll try that to but regardless i would still like to get AE running

its been a very long time since i messed with an amiga OS