Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Banjo Tooie remake coming next week on Xbox Live Arcade

Peach (Level 3) Princess-Isabela's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Banjo Tooie remake coming next week on Xbox Live Arcade

so it's finally that time, on 29th of april this year Banjo Tooie remastered edition is coming, for 1200 microsoft points you'll get one of the best(if not the best) platformers of all time, with hd graphics, butter smooth framerate, surround sound, legendary stop 'n' swop function once again utilized, between BK and BT and local multiplayer modes.
    my most anticipated title of the year at this point.
    Banjo Kazooie remake was fantastic and this will be even better.
    for the uninitiated, if you haven't played this humongous platformer, be prepared to spend 50+ hours on your first run trying to collect everything.
    you guys excited as I am?

Level 10 Manly Pink Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

I will probably get it when I actually have money.. But I think I will stick with the N64 version. It's a great platformer no matter what system they port it to, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by otoko View Post
    I will probably get it when I actually have money.. But I think I will stick with the N64 version. It's a great platformer no matter what system they port it to, right?
    you're kind of right.
    the thing with Banjo Tooie on N64 was that the game was way too ahead in terms of technical prowess and ninny couldn't keep up, framerate was un'bear'able, animation stuttered and everything felt sluggish especially in an open, huge environments (game was full of them) - I beat the game few times(I even have two versions of it already) but I will gladly dive in again, it's one of those rare gems you were wishing it would get a makeover and it did.
    6 days away!

Level 10 Manly Pink Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

Quote Originally Posted by Princess-Isabela View Post
    framerate was choppy,felt sluggish especially in an open
    Fixed and good point. I remember playing the original and didn't think much of it. Years later I went back to it and I remember thinking "was the frame rate always this poor?".

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I've read that the original intent of Stop 'n' Swap was restored for both remakes. What exactly does that mean for Banjo Kazooie?

Strawberry (Level 2) Dastardly Dylan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    D2ME
    PSN
    D2ME

Hell, It better have online multiplayer!

EDIT:
    MR: On the subject of multiplayer again, has there been consideration to have all the multiplayer modes playable through Live? That would really give some more replay value to an already great game.

Burns: As mentioned above, it was considered in detail but to do it to the high standard required would have needed a sizeable investment, far exceeding the remit of the original project. Simply making the current couch-play games Live wouldn’t be very good or a lot of fun.

fuck......
    Last edited by Dastardly Dylan; 04-23-2009 at 07:13 AM.

Wii: 7782-6113-4774-2333
    Teh Pwn Shop! - YouTube - Twitter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

50+ hours for a first timer, eh? That makes me happy to hear as I never did play Tooie. Like you this is one of my most wanted games this year.

...It's strange, being a huge fan of BK and never getting around to BT... oh well, now when I do finally play it, it'll look and run better!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the thing with Banjo Tooie on N64 was that the game was way too ahead in terms of technical prowess and ninny couldn't keep up, framerate was un'bear'able, animation stuttered and everything felt sluggish...
    GRROOOOOAAAANNNNNNNNNN

oh man that was terrible!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hopefully this spurs a price drop on the first game. Either way, I'm pretty sure I'll just buy both at full price only for them to get a drop a week later. That's the way it always happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx View Post
    Hopefully this spurs a price drop on the first game. Either way, I'm pretty sure I'll just buy both at full price only for them to get a drop a week later. That's the way it always happens.
    I wouldn't count on that, banjo kazooie has been out for 6 months and didn't receive a price cut.
    I'm surprised at people complaining about prices of such amazing games filled with magic.
    BK and BT are worth way more and compared to anything else(95%) they're beyond competition by a light years.
    longevity, looks, soundtrack, humour, gameplay - as good as it gets and for a mere $15 a piece,
    you cannot argue with that.
    this is not your death tank or something similar where $15 price point is out of the question(I liked the game but I could see people complaining about that), but getting such beloved classics at these prices?
    I'm actually surprised they are so cheap.
    hopefully many of you guys will buy them too and Rareware and 4J studios will start porting/enhancing more classics from their vault (Perfect Dark is presumably already coming), next?
    Killer Instinct Arcade anyone?
    Last edited by Princess-Isabela; 04-26-2009 at 10:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wouldn't count on that, banjo kazooie is been out for 6 months and didn't receive a price cut.
    I'm surprised at people complaining about prices of such amazing games filled with magic.
    BK and BT are worth way more and compared to anything else(95%) they're beyond competition by a light years.
    longevity, looks, soundtrack, humour, gameplay - as good as it gets and for a mere $15 a piece,
    you cannot argue with that.
    this is not your death tank or something similar where $15 price point is out of the question(I liked the game but I could see people complaining about that), but getting such beloved classics at these prices?
    The difference between these and Death Tank is that I already own these on N64 whereas Death Tank was a (mostly) new game, not to mention being the game of choice for our gaming parties now. Get a couple of buddies playing that game and watch friendships shatter. Great fun.

It didn't surprise me that Banjo Kazooie didn't receive a price drop yet, but it would surprise me if they didn't do a temporary drop on its price to spur sales once the sequel hits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The difference between these and Death Tank is that I already own these on N64 whereas Death Tank was a (mostly) new game, not to mention being the game of choice for our gaming parties now. Get a couple of buddies playing that game and watch friendships shatter. Great fun.

It didn't surprise me that Banjo Kazooie didn't receive a price drop yet, but it would surprise me if they didn't do a temporary drop on its price to spur sales once the sequel hits.
    you know what?
    I can make the same argument as you, I played scorched tanks on Amiga CD-32 with couple of buddies back in the day and it was a great fun!
    death tank is essentially the same, so one could argue that death tank is a "new game". (for the sake of argument hehe).
    owning game that finally runs beautifully(BT) today is a real treat. (I think you might have forgot how Banjo Tooie chugged on N64).
    Last edited by Princess-Isabela; 04-25-2009 at 10:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

only three days away!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Honestly when Rare remade Conkers Bad Fur Day it was terrible, the original had much better atmosphere and the remake felt completely different and lacked the charm the original had. N64 version is WAY superior on that one.

Here's hoping that it lives up to what it's supposed to be cause god knows most recent Rare outings....have not. Good luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you know what?
    I can make the same argument as you, I played scorched tanks on Amiga CD-32 with couple of buddies back in the day and it was a great fun!
    death tank is essentially the same, so one could argue that death tank is a "new game". (for the sake of argument hehe).
    owning game that finally runs beautifully(BT) today is a real treat. (I think you might have forgot how Banjo Tooie chugged on N64).
    I'm not forgetting how shitty Rare's games ran on the N64, but you're forgetting that Death Tank is a fair bit different from Scorched Earth / Gorilla.bas / Worms / whatever. Saying that it's the same is like saying, "why buy the Banjo games? I've already played Mario 64 to death!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not forgetting how shitty Rare's games ran on the N64, but you're forgetting that Death Tank is a fair bit different from Scorched Earth / Gorilla.bas / Worms / whatever. Saying that it's the same is like saying, "why buy the Banjo games? I've already played Mario 64 to death!"
    first of all some Rareware games on N64 were running at decent speed(Banjo Kazooie, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Conker's Bad Fur Day), some of them were quite bad at it (Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Banjo Tooie).
    notice I didn't say death thank is not a new game, I said you can consider it I guess "new game", get it? ^_~
    Banjo Tooie at $15 with all the upgrades is a complete steal.
    but if you liked it and not loved it(in the past) I guess you won't feel obligated to buy it again.
    I'm literally counting hours to seeing B-T in HD ^^
    it's the best thing that hit XBLA in a long time(at least since Banjo-Kazooie hehe).
    Last edited by Princess-Isabela; 04-26-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

I didn't enjoy Banjo-Tooie nearly as much as the original; the expansive environments were perhaps a bit TOO expansive... I remember wandering around the dinosaur level for several hours, completely lost and having no idea what my original objective was. And the framerate was pretty terrible as well... I wonder why they couldn't use the Expansion Pak to help alleviate that.

Still... it was better than Donkey Kong 64...

But, don't let me s**t on your parade here. It was a solid game, and any improvements are certainly welcome.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson View Post
    I didn't enjoy Banjo-Tooie nearly as much as the original; the expansive environments were perhaps a bit TOO expansive... I remember wandering around the dinosaur level for several hours, completely lost and having no idea what my original objective was. And the framerate was pretty terrible as well... I wonder why they couldn't use the Expansion Pak to help alleviate that.

Still... it was better than Donkey Kong 64...

But, don't let me s**t on your parade here. It was a solid game, and any improvements are certainly welcome.
    hehe, I loved original Banjo Kazooie and finished it maybe 15 times.
    but I got to the point where I could blaze through it in about 5 hours(completing everything), there was no sense of wonder anymore naturally.
    I finished Banjo Tooie 3 times(last time 5 years ago) and I was blown away of how good this game was, it was so huge that you were wondering like you said for hours finishing single objective, I think absolutely gigantic levels added that sense of wonder and incredible longevity.
    B-T was so much better than DK64, although I really liked DK64 I thought it was lacking in design compared to Banjo series and got bit boring in the end(something I never felt roaming around in BT).
    to people who have never played it, well check out the demo I'm sure you'll love it.
    and yes I was amazed that Banjo Tooie came out so late in N64 span life(almost in 2001) and didn't use expansion pack at all(Conker didn't use it as well but at least framerate in that game was solid).
    thanks for the input guys, nice to see opinions of other digitpressers ^_~
    Last edited by Princess-Isabela; 04-26-2009 at 04:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

I played a bit of the original but I was never that into it. I may have to check this out but 15 is pretty steep for a game that didn't mean anything to me back in the day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcalder8 View Post
    I played a bit of the original but I was never that into it. I may have to check this out but 15 is pretty steep for a game that didn't mean anything to me back in the day.
    I assure you - I would pay $50 for this title if I'd have to,
    it's basically perfected super mario 3d,
    check ign review from 2001 (9.4/10):
    http://ign64.ign.com/articles/150/150422p1.html
    you need to buy this gem, you really need to, as all of you should,
    it's better than 95% of arcade titles offered anyway ^^
    Last edited by Princess-Isabela; 04-26-2009 at 05:17 PM.