Thread: Japanese and Asia Xbox360: Differences with RE5 ?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Japanese and Asia Xbox360: Differences with RE5 ?

As far as I know, Sony use much more regional difference systems instead Nintendo.

The Japanese and Asia (China/Hongkong) PS3 Systems have the same Regionlockout for the Games (PS1 and PS2 NTSC/J Only) but a other Regionalcode for DVD/BR Movies.

The Japanese PS3 also have a "Cero" Rating in the System. Many 18+ PS3 Games e.g. Resistance are "censored" on a japanese PS3, but "uncut" on a Asia PS3.

My Question is about difference from the Japanese and Asia Xbox360 Systems and censored stuff like the PS3. These Systems have the same Regioncode (NTSC/J).

I own a japanese Xbox360. When I play my US Resident Evil 5, the Titlescreen from this Game is "Biohazard 5", but Gamescore, Savedata and so on in "Resident Evil 5". And it is a little (not much) censored in the deathsequence from the guy with the chainsaw (camera shift in direction).

Anybody can tell me, are the Japanese and Asia Xbox360 Systems the same in Country and Censored Lockouts ? When I buy the Asia Version from Resident Evil 5, can I play them uncensored on a japanese System or still I need the Asia Console ? How about the European (PAL) RE5 on a japanese Xbox 360 ?

Greetings Markus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

The asian and japanese versions are the same region. Actually, the game is techincally the same as the US version as the achievements are not stackable.

You can play the Asian version on the Japanese system. They have the same region coding, same as the Korean titles.

As for the EU version, it isn't region free so you would need a EU/PAL system to play the EU version.

I'm sure their are minor differences, the german versions of games are really funny as they have NO blood.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew